Ladd and Buff

Ducky

Stuart is the rugged D-type you need. Chiarot is going to get better, this is only his second year.

Brendon Kitchon is young and is a decent prospect.

I read somewhere about Eberle and RNH salaries and they are definitely not making $6-mil a year.

Rugged is fine but Stuart is a liability.

Kichton will not play many (if any) games for the Jets.

Eberle and RNH both make 6m a year and their cap hit is 6m a year.

Leave Morrissey with the Moose until he is ready....rushing him isn't doing anyone any good.

I'd rather see them sign Buff and trade Myers and Ladd but I don't think that will happen.

Your comments on Stuart are silly. He is a third pairing d-man. What exactly are you expecting from him? Third pairing guys across the league get burned on a nightly basis.

My comments on Stuart are silly?

You don't think he is a liability?

You don't think he is rugged?

What am I expecting of him?

Not to be a liability or hopefully be a 6th or 7th on another team!

If you are okay with Stu being an everyday D man, you should set your bar higher.

If he is going to play every game, there is no legitimate reason for him to see more than 9-10 minutes a game at the most. I'd rather Chiarot started than Stuart but we have nobody to replace him.

We need a 1LHD or 2LHD...it is our biggest need now that Helle is playing above average in net.

If you think there are any bottom-pairing D that aren't a liability sometimes then you don't watch NHL hockey and it's really that simple. If you think that Chiarot isn't a liability sometimes then you're just plain blind. Stuart is what he is, a tough, shot-blocking, stay-at-home d-man who fills a bottom pairing role.

Stu is a liability every single time he is on the ice tho.

I know how bad Chiarot has played this year but you would hope he would learn and get better....Stu isn't going to learn anything now at his age....he is what he is.

Ya OK he's a liability every time he's on the ice. I don't know why I'm even bothering with you. You're probably one of the guys in the crowd yelling SHOOT every time we touch the puck.

Stu is a liability every single time he is on the ice tho.

I know how bad Chiarot has played this year but you would hope he would learn and get better....Stu isn't going to learn anything now at his age....he is what he is.

Saying be is a liability every single time he is on the ice shows how little you know.

He is the epitome of what you want in a bottom six D-man. Physical, defends his own end and blocks shots.

He helped in a big way with Trouba's development.

If we put him on waivers tonight, he'd be gone in a heartbeat. He has more value to this time than you know.

The fact you don't see that shows how little you know about building a roster

Agreed. However after 2 he was leading the jets in Ice time with 15 minutes. He's being played 2 much. That's on the coaches

I really don't see us making the playoffs to be hon est.....12 games in January and 10 are conference and 6 are divisional. We are 3-10 against our division.

Plus, our last 20 or so games are in about 40 or so days.....if we make the playoffs it will take a miracle or miraculous goaltending.

Not making the playoffs.  People look at the standings and see six points out of a playoff spot and think its only three games but it means the Jets have to play better than they have been and those teams have to play worse than they have been.  Its unlikely to happen.

My worst fear is they are battling for a spot at the deadline and the team decides to keep Ladd and/or Buff as UFA's....  I'd rather be well out of it and trade whomever we can for picks and prospects.  Realistically, we know the Scheif/Trouba/Lowry/Wheeler/Little are untouchables.  Who else is?  Helle probably.  I'd argue Perrerault.  And our rookies.  Trade everyone else.

How many more seasons will we have subpar or inconsistent special teams? Time to get some new assistants.

How many teams have that one guy as a go to guy special team player? Ovechkin, Malkin, Subban?

Not many. Buff fit that role but he's too inconsistent.

Stuart does his job and obviously the coaches think so too.