Ladd and Buff

Ducky

Dreger was on H & L today and was saying the cap will be from 71.4 (current) to 74.5 as a high. It won't be going down. This gives teams a few extra bucks. It doesn't mean as much to teams like the Jets as it does to teams like TB, the Flyers, the Rangers and other teams close to the cap.

Status quo on the negotiations with Buff and Ladd. He mentions that with Scheifele's and Trouba's contracts that Chevy has a lot of work in front of him.

No more compensation for hiring a fired coach any more. Punted to the curb by Bettman with help from the Executive Committee.

Pens blogger with discussing recent speculation from Dreger (and others) that they are working hard to make a trade but it must be "dollar in, dollar out"

If it is going to be a dollar in and dollar out trade you are talking about players like Patric Hornqvist, Chris Kunitz, David Perron, and Rob Scuderi. It goes without saying that each of those players carries a different value on the trade market and one of them has negative value.

Dupuis’ “retirement” does change the landscape of what the Penguins can do. Freeing up 3.75M of cap space is significant. For right or wrong players like Dustin Byfuglien can now enter the conversation as a trade target for Pittsburgh.

Im not sure I find any of the four mentioned to be overly exciting.  I wouldnt be against Kunitz but he still has a year left.  Although he fills a weaker position for us (LW).  I like Patric but he's got two years left.  So no dice.  I'd like the Pens #1 draft pick and a prospect...but if they want us to take back salary...I dont see it.

Pens blogger with discussing recent speculation from Dreger (and others) that they are working hard to make a trade but it must be "dollar in, dollar out"

If it is going to be a dollar in and dollar out trade you are talking about players like Patric Hornqvist, Chris Kunitz, David Perron, and Rob Scuderi. It goes without saying that each of those players carries a different value on the trade market and one of them has negative value.

Dupuis’ “retirement” does change the landscape of what the Penguins can do. Freeing up 3.75M of cap space is significant. For right or wrong players like Dustin Byfuglien can now enter the conversation as a trade target for Pittsburgh.

Im not sure I find any of the four mentioned to be overly exciting.  I wouldnt be against Kunitz but he still has a year left.  Although he fills a weaker position for us (LW).  I like Patric but he's got two years left.  So no dice.  I'd like the Pens #1 draft pick and a prospect...but if they want us to take back salary...I dont see it.

Pens don't have a #1 pick this year. Went to TO for Kessel. They're pretty much out of prospects and picks to trade. Sprong, Pouliot, & Murray are their last three (imo) top notch prospects. They'd be crazy to deal any of them for another rental.

Buff would be a perfect fit for the Pens, but what would it take to make that trade? Kunitz is finished as a top end player. Perron is meh and taking Scuderi would be doing a favour for the Pens. Hornqvist is a good player having a down year.

Starting to think Ladd is more easily replaced than Buff.

Package him in a deal for Nugent-Hopkins.

they wouldn't give up any of their guys even if we threw in Wheeler

They are looking for more bump and grind type of players up front, perception is they are too "soft". Draistl, Hall and McDavid are their future in their minds.

They have been rumored to be open to moving RNH or Eberle in order to more grit.

Ladd would be perfect for them, gritty forward with skill and a leader/mentor type for the younger players.

Lol. 1 of them. Toby isn't getting younger and Chiarot and Stuart are not good

We have 1 legit LHD man and that's Toby who isn't getting any younger. We have 3 rhd men in myers trouba and buff. Trade buff for a LHD and 1st.

Morrissey isn't ready yet. Probably needs another year with the moose

Stuart is the rugged D-type you need. Chiarot is going to get better, this is only his second year.

Brendon Kitchon is young and is a decent prospect.

I read somewhere about Eberle and RNH salaries and they are definitely not making $6-mil a year.

Rugged is fine but Stuart is a liability.

Kichton will not play many (if any) games for the Jets.

Eberle and RNH both make 6m a year and their cap hit is 6m a year.

Leave Morrissey with the Moose until he is ready....rushing him isn't doing anyone any good.

I'd rather see them sign Buff and trade Myers and Ladd but I don't think that will happen.

Seeing some "rumors" that Ladd contract extension is being finalized. Take with huge grain of salt.

It's not true. All someone said is they have agreed on the length (6 years) but they ain't there on the cash

Thats an old one.  Not the one I heard today.  Like I said, big grain of salt.  But if they announce in the next day or so, Ill take the credit.  if they dont, Ill deny I ever posted this.  :P\

Just saw a story on The Score (which is not where I heard this).  Sides are $500,000 or so apart.  They'll get there.  So back to square one with the idea they want Ladd, will move Buff.

Stuart is the rugged D-type you need. Chiarot is going to get better, this is only his second year.

I read somewhere about Eberle and RNH salaries and they are definitely not making $6-mil a year.

Leave Morrissey with the Moose until he is ready....rushing him isn't doing anyone any good.

I'd rather see them sign Buff and trade Myers and Ladd but I don't think that will happen.

Your comments on Stuart are silly. He is a third pairing d-man. What exactly are you expecting from him? Third pairing guys across the league get burned on a nightly basis.

I like Stu.  He's good until someone better comes along.  And hopefully Morrissey pushes him next season.  The problem comes when Stu, Pardy, Chiarot and Postma are playing top 4 minutes.  Any combo of those guys in the bottom two is okay by me.  They are all decent D men of various skill.

In fact, I'd be calling the Pens and seeing what they'd give for Postma.  On the other hand, if the jets plan to ditch Buff, they might still think postma has some upward mobility as far as being a puck moving D man.

Your comments on Stuart are silly. He is a third pairing d-man. What exactly are you expecting from him? Third pairing guys across the league get burned on a nightly basis.

My comments on Stuart are silly?

You don't think he is a liability?

You don't think he is rugged?

What am I expecting of him?

Not to be a liability or hopefully be a 6th or 7th on another team!

If you are okay with Stu being an everyday D man, you should set your bar higher.

If he is going to play every game, there is no legitimate reason for him to see more than 9-10 minutes a game at the most. I'd rather Chiarot started than Stuart but we have nobody to replace him.

We need a 1LHD or 2LHD...it is our biggest need now that Helle is playing above average in net.