Ladd and Buff

Ducky

True enough, should be a few of them available.

I think the Jets sign Buff to a 6 year contract, contrary to popular belief.

I also think it will be for north of 7m per year.

I think they trade Ladd before the TD.

I wouldn't trade Staf, he has been good for us and can play on any of the top 3 lines. If I'm trading Staf, it would be at the TD in 2017.

MP should be re-signed the second he is able to.

I'm shopping everyone but helle trouba myers scheif wheeler Ehlers Perreault Lowry little copp. If someone makes me an offer I can't refuse... the rest including buff are all up for grabs. It's the smart thing to do. I think its time to transition to the next generation so to speak. Time to become the winnipeg Jets instead of being the Winnipeg Thrashers. I love buff but if someone offers me a 1st and a couple almost ready A prospects closer to scheif and Trouba age... I'm probably going to have to trade buff. When does this team become a legit playoff contender.... I dunno but I'd suspect it's not for a couple more years. Buff would be 33 34 ish... not sure if it's worth it to sign him long term when I'm not sure if in 3 or 4 years when we are ready to be legit contenders... how effective will buff be. 

Edited by Goalie

I think Buff will transition well when he gets older....I'd trade Myers before Buff on talent alone. I don't think the Jets trade them both. I hope Ladd is the one traded. Easier to replace.

NOBODY should be untouchable, not even Wheeler of Ehlers. If the right trade comes along, anyone can be traded. The Jets have a lot of talent coming up and have already injected what... 8 or 9 rookies in the past 3 years?

As far as the Thrashers go, Burmi, Buff and Ladd only played a season there and Stuart and Wheeler played only 23 games. Enstrom, Little, Pavs, Thorburn, Slater and Kane and Bogo are the ones that played some time with the Thrashers.

Yup. Ladds time as a jet is coming to an end. It's obvious.  The sooner the better in my opinion. Nothing against Ladd but it's time to move him b4 he gets hurt. If Chevy doesn't sign buff tho.... I think he should be fired. He WANTS to be here. Refers to Winnipeg as HOME. Sign our all star already 

Edited by Goalie

He's checked out tho and it's obvious.  There's a difference between what buff or Hamonic says tho. Ladd is just going through the motions and that's not a guy you want around much longer. Ladd is also easier to replace. He's not elite. Not worth 6.5 million long term.  Buff is a superstar. Ladd is not. If Ladd didn't have the C... I'm not sure people would look at him the same as they do. He's a good player but... he's not elite like Buff. He's not the difference between winning and losing. Also the more I see of trouba... the more I'm convinced he never becomes more than what he is. Don't think he's worth a long term big money deal either and if he wants big money... I'd be tempted to trade him for Hamonic... prob plus on the NYI side. Hamonic and their first. I'd consider it. Trouba just looks like he's in space most nights.... was awful tonight and has regressed since his rookie year.  He will still be a good player but I'm not sure he's this franchise d men they hoped he would be. He's lacking something.  Perhaps off ice commitment. 

Edited by Goalie

17 hours ago, Goalie said:

He's checked out tho and it's obvious.  There's a difference between what buff or Hamonic says tho. Ladd is just going through the motions and that's not a guy you want around much longer. Ladd is also easier to replace. He's not elite. Not worth 6.5 million long term.  Buff is a superstar. Ladd is not. If Ladd didn't have the C... I'm not sure people would look at him the same as they do. He's a good player but... he's not elite like Buff. He's not the difference between winning and losing. Also the more I see of trouba... the more I'm convinced he never becomes more than what he is. Don't think he's worth a long term big money deal either and if he wants big money... I'd be tempted to trade him for Hamonic... prob plus on the NYI side. Hamonic and their first. I'd consider it. Trouba just looks like he's in space most nights.... was awful tonight and has regressed since his rookie year.  He will still be a good player but I'm not sure he's this franchise d men they hoped he would be. He's lacking something.  Perhaps off ice commitment. 

No way do I sign Trouba to a long term deal unless it is less than 5m per year. He hasn't done anything to deserve it. Scheif deserves a long term deal but I wouldn't give him one either....... give them and Lowry two year bridge deals.....they are RFAs with little leverage....tell them to show what you got for the next two years and you'll get paid what you are worth. Scheif is getting steadily better and is being smart about what he eats and how he treats his body and if only one of them gets a long term deal, it should be Scheif and I would give him 5.8m x 8 years if he re-signed today.

Edited by Ducky

Nope. That's not it at all. I like Ladd and was hoping they would have signed him in the off season. But am now glad they didn't cuz he's definitely not playing like a guy who deserves more than 6 million a year long term. I also think with Ehlers Connor and even Perreault that Ladd is easily replaceable and in a way has already been replaced. LW depth isn't that bad here. I'm fine with Ehlers Perreault and Connor next year. Where does Ladd fit? Especially for 6 million plus a year. He doesn't. 

Edited by Goalie

Some thoughts that with Ladd and Toby taking a "maintenance day" today that the real reason is Chevy is close to a deal with someone. Not sure I'd trade both for just Hamonic tho. Maybe Enstrom for Hamonic. Throw in Burmi if need be and Ladd to somewhere else. Hamonic would be nice but I don't think I'd do both Ladd and Toby for him. That's an overpayment for a guy who rumour has it will only accept a trade to Winnipeg