How to turn off a fanbase and build a solid disconnect with any new young fans.

IC Khari

Respectfully, winning helps create fans. They may begin as bandwagon jumpers and then develop into life long fans.

More importantly, with all due respect to the poster who works for the club, having stars helps attract and build fans. I think all of us know people who became fans because of Milt or Roberts as examples.

For me, it was Kenny Ploen, Dave Raimey, Ken Nielsen & Phil Minnick. 

For me it was Don Jonas, Mack Herron, Jim Thorpe, and Mickey Doyle.

If I get another Blue Bomber jersey it'll either be #27 Raimey or #54 Minnick

Mine will be #5 Dieter Brock.

For me, just watching with my dad starting in the late 80's. Having Matty and Gerald Wilcox helped as a young teen. Heck became a Packers fan due to Favre.

I didn't know your father played for the Blue Bombers. That is cool. 

LOL! 

Fans need to get excited... Not depressed..

We have no superstars and rotate mediocre guys in and out. What is there to cheer about?

Cheer if not for any other reason other than you want to support your team. We don't need a team of Stegalls or Robertses to get fans excited.

Are you on E?

Maybe if we had no Jets then maybe...but come on now the biggest thing the Blue have been famous for the last 5 years is a beer snake.

You see way more people with Roberts and Stegall jerseys then anyone they have now.

The team needs stars and wins before most of the city will give a flying fack.

I dare say most of the people going to the game are going mostly for a night out and don't even care about the Blue.

Fans need to get excited... Not depressed..

We have no superstars and rotate mediocre guys in and out. What is there to cheer about?

Cheer if not for any other reason other than you want to support your team. We don't need a team of Stegalls or Robertses to get fans excited.

Are you on E?

Blue Koolaid.   :)

• 4 years later...
On 2015-10-26 at 7:05 PM, Tracker said:

It began for me when I was working my summer job with Canada Packers on Marion Street and meeting Minnick, Miller and that group as they were coming off the practice field. Seems to me that players were a lot less arrogant at that time. And Joe Critchlow was a neighbour for a while.

Hi. This is Joe Critchlow’s son,  Joel. Just surfing around this evening. Great to see Dad still remembered!

Now...trying to figure out which neighbor you were. :)

On 2015-10-26 at 2:49 PM, Noeller said:

Bought my first seasons in 2006, not knowing what Doug Berry would bring to the table. Couldn't possibly have cared, either, because we were just elated to be able to see the Bombers play live 9x a season. 

I just keep thinking that we've been through hell and back for this long already, why give up now? Someday we're going to be rewarded, and it's going to be epic.

Well at least this aged well. And epic it was.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

On ‎2020‎-‎01‎-‎11 at 1:30 PM, Mike said:

You know who really sucks?

gbill

You are just saying that because you are a Winnipeg Blue Bomber ass kisser. Seriously though, Gbill is the LAST guy that should be talking about kissing Blue Bomber ass. He used to wait outside the entrance of the stadium after practice and run over to the players as they were leaving and beg for selfies with them.

What a different organization this is from 4 years ago. The canadian mafia had some rough patches but have taken us from the dregs of the league to the pinnacle club (badum tsss) Feels like we have more talent going to nfl camps this year then in the previous 10. Our coaches and front office types are lead candidates for jobs with other teams. 

I feel like the league as a whole is ebbing in the same direction as well. Tv deal, finally the als have been fixed, less and less cancers in league management/coaching. Great time to be a bomber fan, and a cfl fan. 

44 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

What a different organization this is from 4 years ago. The canadian mafia had some rough patches but have taken us from the dregs of the league to the pinnacle club (badum tsss) Feels like we have more talent going to nfl camps this year then in the previous 10. Our coaches and front office types are lead candidates for jobs with other teams. 

I feel like the league as a whole is ebbing in the same direction as well. Tv deal, finally the als have been fixed, less and less cancers in league management/coaching. Great time to be a bomber fan, and a cfl fan. 

Regarding league cancers. We need more John Hufnagels & Kyle Walters & less Chris Jones & Roy Shivers types running teams. The CFL has to be more professional than it is with upper management.