How to turn off a fanbase and build a solid disconnect with any new young fans.

IC Khari

lol hey now i did my part. bought him a milt stegall jersey for his 2nd bday that was like a dress on him so he could rock it for a few years, took him to all the games leading up to milts td record setting game (vs hamilton i believe too ironically) so we could witness bomber fan euphoria - which it was and last time I can remember something like that with the 5 min ovation and chants.  but the team hasnt given me much to work with

lol hey now i did my part. bought him a milt stegall jersey for his 2nd bday that was like a dress on him so he could rock it for a few years, took him to all the games leading up to milts td record setting game (vs hamilton i believe too ironically) so we could witness bomber fan euphoria - which it was and last time I can remember something like that with the 5 min ovation and chants.  but the team hasnt given me much to work with

You did your best.  It's the same with music, no matter how much good music you expose your kids to they will still prefer to listen to garbage that you absolutely hate.

This football club does a lot more than it ever has before in the community, at schools, different organizations with youths, player appearances, etc.  We relaunched the Winnipeg Youth Football Club, going out to schools all over nearly everyday, running a new flag football program.  Our partners donate thousands of tickets back to these schools and other organizations.  For others, our family zone has 1/2 price tickets so that it's affordable for a family of 4 to come to a game.  We have multiple fan events during the year where we encourage the kids to come out, use the various inflatables and meet the players. There are the BB Kids Club and the My First Bomber Game programs. The Flight Deck Program has bee huge and connects with amateur teams from all sports every home game. 

Not to mention, one of the biggest things that I wished we did when I was a kid:  Having the field open after games for the fans to come and run around and toss some footballs and get pictures with Buzz & Boomer and a few of the players who always come out, win or lose. 

Winning football games obviously goes without saying and speeds things up, but It takes time to connect, and turn these kids into life long fans.  To say the team isn't doing enough....well you're probably just not aware of how involved and concentrated we are here with this process and understanding how important it truly is. 

If anyone does have any other suggestions for other initiatives we can look at going forward, don't hesitate to let me know. 

This football club does a lot more than it ever has before in the community, at schools, different organizations with youths, player appearances, etc.  We relaunched the Winnipeg Youth Football Club, going out to schools all over nearly everyday, running a new flag football program.  Our partners donate thousands of tickets back to these schools and other organizations.  For others, our family zone has 1/2 price tickets so that it's affordable for a family of 4 to come to a game.  We have multiple fan events during the year where we encourage the kids to come out, use the various inflatables and meet the players. There are the BB Kids Club and the My First Bomber Game programs. The Flight Deck Program has bee huge and connects with amateur teams from all sports every home game. 

Not to mention, one of the biggest things that I wished we did when I was a kid:  Having the field open after games for the fans to come and run around and toss some footballs and get pictures with Buzz & Boomer and a few of the players who always come out, win or lose. 

Winning football games obviously goes without saying and speeds things up, but It takes time to connect, and turn these kids into life long fans.  To say the team isn't doing enough....well you're probably just not aware of how involved and concentrated we are here with this process and understanding how important it truly is. 

If anyone does have any other suggestions for other initiatives we can look at going forward, don't hesitate to let me know. 

that right there should be brought up at one of those open Q & A get together with the brass especially if ticket sales take a nose dive next year and/or beyond

Fans need to get excited... Not depressed..

We have no superstars and rotate mediocre guys in and out. What is there to cheer about?

Cheer if not for any other reason other than you want to support your team.  We don't need a team of Stegalls or Robertses to get fans excited. 

That's all well & good but the team has to win. Can't expect any fan to keep supporting what we've seen on the field, especially since 2012. Or attract new ones, especially kids. 

We have no superstars and rotate mediocre guys in and out. What is there to cheer about?

Cheer if not for any other reason other than you want to support your team.  We don't need a team of Stegalls or Robertses to get fans excited. 

I'm usually a pretty good reader but did I just read what I thought I just read. Yep, I did. Where's the blue koolaid? 

Bought my first seasons in 2006, not knowing what Doug Berry would bring to the table. Couldn't possibly have cared, either, because we were just elated to be able to see the Bombers play live 9x a season. 

I just keep thinking that we've been through hell and back for this long already, why give up now? Someday we're going to be rewarded, and it's going to be epic.

That's all well & good but the team has to win. Can't expect any fan to keep supporting what we've seen on the field, especially since 2012. Or attract new ones, especially kids. 

Winning solves everything, naturally.  This is about what's in our control that is targeting the younger demographic, which is what the thread is about, is it not?

Cheer if not for any other reason other than you want to support your team. We don't need a team of Stegalls or Robertses to get fans excited.

I'm usually a pretty good reader but did I just read what I thought I just read. Yep, I did. Where's the blue koolaid?
This guy works for the Bombers so you're going to hear the same corporate BS from him as you would from Wade himself. The only reason he's a mod here is because one of the admins/mods sucks anyone's ass who's linked to the Bombers.

Bought my first seasons in 2006, not knowing what Doug Berry would bring to the table. Couldn't possibly have cared, either, because we were just elated to be able to see the Bombers play live 9x a season. 

I just keep thinking that we've been through hell and back for this long already, why give up now? Someday we're going to be rewarded, and it's going to be epic.

Quite the opposite I expect .... failure breeds failure unless you change management which in our case is the BoD old boys club

Winning solves everything, naturally.  This is about what's in our control that is targeting the younger demographic, which is what the thread is about, is it not?

In the cold, clear first light of day....

Respectfully, winning helps create fans. They may begin as bandwagon jumpers and then develop into life long fans.

More importantly, with all due respect to the poster who works for the club, having stars helps attract and build fans. I think all of us know people who became fans because of Milt or Roberts as examples.

Respectfully, winning helps create fans. They may begin as bandwagon jumpers and then develop into life long fans.

More importantly, with all due respect to the poster who works for the club, having stars helps attract and build fans. I think all of us know people who became fans because of Milt or Roberts as examples.

For me, it was Kenny Ploen, Dave Raimey, Ken Nielsen & Phil Minnick. 

Cheer if not for any other reason other than you want to support your team. We don't need a team of Stegalls or Robertses to get fans excited.

This guy works for the Bombers so you're going to hear the same corporate BS from him as you would from Wade himself. The only reason he's a mod here is because one of the admins/mods sucks anyone's ass who's linked to the Bombers.

Hasnt he had the same opinion the entire time hes been here?

Smh.

Hasnt he had the same opinion the entire time hes been here?

Smh.

I've been told he's been a mod here since day one, so I stand corrected there.  But either way, he just spews corporate spin like a Bomber spokesperson.