How to turn off a fanbase and build a solid disconnect with any new young fans.

IC Khari

Trying to say that the team is turning off it's fanbase and not inspiring new fans right now. Haven't been for quite a few seasons. Yes there are us hardcore loyalists who also buy tickets but where are the numbers going to be if the perception of this team because of the won/loss record, continues to stink like limburger to many? I know they say they are trying, maybe they are, but they simply aren't getting the job done and that's the bottom line. 

with the state of apathy around the current team, i am scared to see what a poor start to next year would bring. Possibly the worst time to be a bomber fan since the the dark ages of the rinebold days.

Disagree.  Tim Burke era was the worst.  Kneeling down to go to overtime?  Hall and Boltus as QBs in the last game?  I left the week 19 game at halftime. Halftime.  After I drove 2+ hours to come to the game and my dad drove 4+ hours.  Left at halftime.

with the state of apathy around the current team, i am scared to see what a poor start to next year would bring. Possibly the worst time to be a bomber fan since the the dark ages of the rinebold days.

Disagree.  Tim Burke era was the worst.  Kneeling down to go to overtime?  Hall and Boltus as QBs in the last game?  I left the week 19 game at halftime. Halftime.  After I drove 2+ hours to come to the game and my dad drove 4+ hours.  Left at halftime.

I hope ppl dangled keys at you and chanted beat the traffic lol jk i left the game yesterday by the start of the 4th

Things are marginally better under MOS. We lead the league in moral victories. To me a loss is a loss. Whether ugly or not, still a loss. This team fights to the end, yes but they still lose. Next year, they may quit under MOS if the losing continues. 

I agree, that a loss is a loss in the standings.

But if the team is playing hard, in the game for 4 quarters, and has a chance to win at the end, I enjoy the game.  Falling down 20 points and then bringing the score close in garbage time is not a game I like to watch.

Things are marginally better under MOS. We lead the league in moral victories. To me a loss is a loss. Whether ugly or not, still a loss. This team fights to the end, yes but they still lose. Next year, they may quit under MOS if the losing continues. 

But if the team is playing hard, in the game for 4 quarters, and has a chance to win at the end, I enjoy the game.  Falling down 20 points and then bringing the score close in garbage time is not a game I like to watch.

Certainly, but at some point you'll stop caring as you would have seen it too many times. 

if they could spot a team 20 points and actually win id be thrilled a little. like were that good we can beat teams with a huge spot AND only need 1/2 a game. instead its; piss everyone off by half time,  rekindle some excitement by the end of the game only to screw it all up and piss people off leaving the game.  no thanks

Yup. I watched enough reruns in summer. It gets boring and irritating after awhile.

Disagree. Tim Burke era was the worst. Kneeling down to go to overtime? Hall and Boltus as QBs in the last game? I left the week 19 game at halftime. Halftime. After I drove 2+ hours to come to the game and my dad drove 4+ hours. Left at halftime.

I hope ppl dangled keys at you and chanted beat the traffic lol jk i left the game yesterday by the start of the 4th

I am just curious. Why did you leave the game at the start of the 4th?

Yup. I watched enough reruns in summer. It gets boring and irritating after awhile.

It's frustrating as the pattern of these losses is so obvious and repetitive.  All through the 3rd Q each time the Bombers took possession I yelled "do it now!" only to see them go two and out, two and out, two and out.  The chance to win was there for a long time while the they held the lead but this O can't seem to generate any urgency until they're behind and there's 36 secs. left on the clock!

you know what changes those close games to wins? A capable offensive game plan and a healthy starter.. or even a capable backup running a good offense..

This is why Oshea has support.

you know what changes those close games to wins? A capable offensive game plan and a healthy starter.. or even a capable backup running a good offense..

This is why Oshea has support.

Remains to be seen. I also don't think MOS has that much support. It's Miller & especially Lawless talking through his hat saying the Bombers can't make changes. We already know Wade won't fire MOS as head coach so most fans are resigned to having him around at the start of the 2016 season. If they keep this regime even with an OC change we'll see how people vote with their wallets purchasing season tickets next year. As Cody T said, he's 23 & his friends laugh at him because people his age think the team is a joke. The Bombers will lose an entire generation of fans if they keep dicking around the way they do. 

yup, my 11 year old would rather cheer for the ticats then the bombers unless the bombers are facing an eastern team.  Ive come to accept it, despite trying to sell him the bombers as best I could (even played a game in the hospital room the day he was born just to say hes been a fan for life) but I cant sell the history to him because the present product he can see with his own eyes is pitiful and has been pretty much since he was born (2004). on our best years were a slightly above .500 club who havent been winning championships with the next one no where in sight

What many of us diehards don't see is that a lot of people, particularly the young, don't identify with this team like they once did. We're talking 2 generations here. My son was 5 when the Bombers last won the Cup. No recall of a champion Bomber team. He stopped caring quite awhile ago it seems and his kids have no interest in the Bombers. Not that I haven't tried and invited them with me to games or even watching them on TV. Very sad. I remember going to games with my Dad in the 70's, that time like now was a long Grey Cup drought. There was interest and I became a fan because the teams were generally good, Dieter and the boys. Be nice to have that kind of excitement and relevance with the youth again ... even 2001 seems like a long time ago. A few more years of this and a shiny new stadium won't even be enough.

yup, my 11 year old would rather cheer for the ticats then the bombers unless the bombers are facing an eastern team.  Ive come to accept it, despite trying to sell him the bombers as best I could (even played a game in the hospital room the day he was born just to say hes been a fan for life) but I cant sell the history to him because the present product he can see with his own eyes is pitiful and has been pretty much since he was born (2004). on our best years were a slightly above .500 club who havent been winning championships with the next one no where in sight

Bad parenting that's all