Bombers Add/Drop

Noeller

Next week we'll be reading: the club has signed INT RB Nobody Special and INT REC Nobody Who Will Last a Week and the club released INTs DL Ethan Farmer, RB B.J. Catalon, REC Spencer Davis.

The revolving door continues....

Nothing wrong with that.

Except that it shows how utterly pathetic our scouting and GM are.

Actually quite the opposite.....because they're constantly working to upgrade, and not just sitting on "Ehhh, good enough....."

Really? How many of these revolving door guys is on the roster right now? It is one thing to continue to bring in people but if it not producing anything of note then, well ... I would totally agree with you if there was evidence that it was producing results but like the rest of what this regime is doing there just isn't any evidence to back up all this faith people have in them. This is a 5-11 team that is only in the hunt for a play-off spot because there are equally crappy teams losing around them.

There has to be an assumption an assumption that we are not bringing in people at random, but rather those that have had some vetting as to talent, smarts and heart. I have not been overly impressed with McManus and Co.'s bush beating to date, particularly in finding good QB prospects, but next training camp has to produce or else. We need help at defensive tackle, running back, receiver, quarterback and an offensive tackle, and D-back or two. Of all of those, the quarterback position is one our scouting has really sucked at finding. I'm tired of us having to pick through other teams' leftovers.

No prob whatsoever with bringing players in for a looksee, no matter what time in the season. Cal Murphy did that all the time and unearthed quite a few gems (I believe Greg Battle arrived that way). What is the harm? Seriously?

There is no problem with it if it producing results. It is not and therefore those responsible should be up for review before continuing their employment. Why pay people for not fulfilling their job duties?

This is a weird argument.  I get the argument that Walters has struggled to find talent, but you're arguing that he shouldn't bring in any players to look for guys who are talented?

Makes no sense.  This is extended training camp essentially for every team in the league with the expanded PR.

BJ Catalon runs alot like CJ Gable.

I thought that Catalon ran a lot like a certain Argo running back who went on to be a head coach with some success. Catalon looks to be quick, didn't break too many tackles but great balance/body control and despite his NFL assessment that he had questionable hands, looked to be at least decent as a receiver. Durability may be an issue.

looks like a good ball carrier.

I have a complaint… saw a blatant helmet to helmet against the other team, and no call. Turrible.

Should also sign the guy that threw the ball all the way across the field on to catalon on the kick return.

I think Pinball was a bit stockier than this guy, and maybe not as fast. Pinball jumped around a lot didn't he? 

looks like a good ball carrier.

I have a complaint… saw a blatant helmet to helmet against the other team, and no call. Turrible.

Should also sign the guy that threw the ball all the way across the field on to catalon on the kick return.

I think Pinball was a bit stockier than this guy, and maybe not as fast. Pinball jumped around a lot didn't he? 

I saw that hit as well, but it didn't seem to slow BJ very much. Does make me wonder how many such blatant and potentially serious hits go missed and uncalled  with the effects showing up a year or three later.

Next week we'll be reading: the club has signed INT RB Nobody Special and INT REC Nobody Who Will Last a Week and the club released INTs DL Ethan Farmer, RB B.J. Catalon, REC Spencer Davis.

The revolving door continues....

Nothing wrong with that.

Except that it shows how utterly pathetic our scouting and GM are.

Actually quite the opposite.....because they're constantly working to upgrade, and not just sitting on "Ehhh, good enough....."

Really? How many of these revolving door guys is on the roster right now? It is one thing to continue to bring in people but if it not producing anything of note then, well ... I would totally agree with you if there was evidence that it was producing results but like the rest of what this regime is doing there just isn't any evidence to back up all this faith people have in them. This is a 5-11 team that is only in the hunt for a play-off spot because there are equally crappy teams losing around them.

Yo realize the world still turns even if we dont make playoffs? Thats not the reason for these adds. You have to keep bringing in players as they come available or change their minds and come north..

Why is this a bad thing exactly?

I couldn't care less if these guys lasted 2 days and were released and we brought in new ones. It doesn't make bringing them in a waste of time or a recruitment failure. Just the opposite really.

A recruitment failure would be hanging onto or bringing in substandard players and then letting them battle in TC next year knowing that they are realistically not good enough for the CFL. We have seen too much of that over the past couple of years. Let's separate the wheat from the chaff right now when our PR is expanded.

I couldn't care less if these guys lasted 2 days and were released and we brought in new ones. It doesn't make bringing them in a waste of time or a recruitment failure. Just the opposite really.

A recruitment failure would be hanging onto or bringing in substandard players and then letting them battle in TC next year knowing that they are realistically not good enough for the CFL. We have seen too much of that over the past couple of years. Let's separate the wheat from the chaff right now when our PR is expanded.

I totally agree with this......bring in some guys now when the PR is expanded, and see what, if anything, they have. If it works out then they can be offered a TC spot next year. If it doesn't then we move on, and we don't waste a spot next spring.

No prob whatsoever with bringing players in for a looksee, no matter what time in the season. Cal Murphy did that all the time and unearthed quite a few gems (I believe Greg Battle arrived that way). What is the harm? Seriously?

There is no problem with it if it producing results. It is not and therefore those responsible should be up for review before continuing their employment. Why pay people for not fulfilling their job duties?

This is a weird argument.  I get the argument that Walters has struggled to find talent, but you're arguing that he shouldn't bring in any players to look for guys who are talented?

Makes no sense.  This is extended training camp essentially for every team in the league with the expanded PR.

No I am arguing that our scouting and management are terrible, they wouldn't know talent if it came up and slapped them in the face. They bring in, pay money to and toss out these guys. Now it isn't the players fault for wanting a job and some cash but you have to ask some good hard questions about those doing the selecting. At this point management and scouting are the pits so this is a waste of money. Why flush cash when it is evident the system isn't producing? Hold off on it, because, face it, there are no saviours coming from the system right now. In the off-season reassess every aspect of the team (EVERY aspect) and only then turn the taps back on.

I am all for bringing guys in and giving them a try but at this point it is a waste of time and money.

Of course the many folks that think Walters and co are good are never going to agree. I expect that but this is a really bad team. Not a team that is a few players away from being good they are a mediocre bad team. They will only make a profit because of the GC game and when you are going to need every cent to bring in talent to fix it then why are they continuing to burn it on a wasted season?

It seems weird to me that people would want this team to continue to spend money hand over fist this year when it is obvious they will need it for next season.

No I am arguing that our scouting and management are terrible, they wouldn't know talent if it came up and slapped them in the face. They bring in, pay money to and toss out these guys. Now it isn't the players fault for wanting a job and some cash but you have to ask some good hard questions about those doing the selecting. At this point management and scouting are the pits so this is a waste of money. Why flush cash when it is evident the system isn't producing? Hold off on it, because, face it, there are no saviours coming from the system right now. In the off-season reassess every aspect of the team (EVERY aspect) and only then turn the taps back on.

I am all for bringing guys in and giving them a try but at this point it is a waste of time and money.

Of course the many folks that think Walters and co are good are never going to agree. I expect that but this is a really bad team. Not a team that is a few players away from being good they are a mediocre bad team. They will only make a profit because of the GC game and when you are going to need every cent to bring in talent to fix it then why are they continuing to burn it on a wasted season?

It seems weird to me that people would want this team to continue to spend money hand over fist this year when it is obvious they will need it for next season.

Glad you are such a professional scout and football team manager...that you are able to determine that the scouting staff and management are terrible, and the pits. What a comment you're all for bringing guys in and giving them a try but at this point it is a waste of time and money. Contradict yourself much? They have expanded rosters in the CFL for a reason...get it?