Around the NHL

Just now, bustamente said:

Remember that Ladd would be a pure rental they will not be signing him as a free agent.

yeah I remember that.  I was just told that Washington would also just be renting him.  What I am trying to get to is there any team out there that would take him now with the intent of a playoff run AND also re-signing him next year.  Or would he just come back here for 2016-2017?

13 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

yeah I remember that.  I was just told that Washington would also just be renting him.  What I am trying to get to is there any team out there that would take him now with the intent of a playoff run AND also re-signing him next year.  Or would he just come back here for 2016-2017?

I guess it depends on what Ladd and his agent are looking for as a free agent and if he likes the team he is traded to and the team has cap money for it, also i have a bad feeling that Chevy might not get what he wants in return and is forced to sign Ladd to an extension. I guess he could get traded then resign here doesn't happen very often but it has happen recently with Arizona last year.

Edited by bustamente

55 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I don't even think Toews and Kane are worth that.

Yikes, with those two guys sucking down $20 million of the cap how can they afford Ladd?

10.5m AAV but this year and for the next two seasons their actual salary is 13.8m.

Ladd will only have about 25% of his contract left or 1.1m.

46 minutes ago, bustamente said:

I guess it depends on what Ladd and his agent are looking for as a free agent and if he likes the team he is traded to and the team has cap money for it, also i have a bad feeling that Chevy might not get what he wants in return and is forced to sign Ladd to an extension. I guess he could get traded then resign here doesn't happen very often but it has happen recently with Arizona last year.

kind of like Rory Kohlert when he got plucked by Ottawa.

I don't believe ladd will entertain an offer to come back here if he's traded. I think there's a certain amount of uncomfortableness that comes with that when you're a top guy and captain. And even if he would he will get bigger offers elsewhere which the jets won't match

if ladd graciously took a trade and then resigned here for a reasonable deal then I would like a trophy in his honor erected at P&M. 

26 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I don't believe ladd will entertain an offer to come back here if he's traded. I think there's a certain amount of uncomfortableness that comes with that when you're a top guy and captain. And even if he would he will get bigger offers elsewhere which the jets won't match

if ladd graciously took a trade and then resigned here for a reasonable deal then I would like a trophy in his honor erected at P&M. 

I think you mean statue.  Like the one they erected of Jimmy Carter.

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by kelownabomberfan

Pavs and Ladd to St. Louis?  Throw in Enstrom and Burmi too.

If we could get Schwartz, a D man and some picks in return I'd be ecstatic.  I also want Steen and Reaves in Winnipeg but that's mostly because I'm a sucker for nostalgia.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

27 minutes ago, Ducky said:

St. Louis goalie Brian Elliott has been placed on long-term injured reserve with a lower-body injury. He is set to re-evaluated in four weeks. Anyone see the Jets making a deal with St. Louis? Hutch?

St. Lou got 2 starters they don't really need Hutch. Allen all the way now.

I like how you guys want to just throw away Myers and/or Trouba but want to keep the useless Enstrom, all because you are married to this RHD/LHD theory.  Enstrom should go in any deal where we are trying to get up the ladder.  Save the future and deal the useless players like Enstrom.

2 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I like how you guys want to just throw away Myers and/or Trouba but want to keep the useless Enstrom, all because you are married to this RHD/LHD theory.  Enstrom should go in any deal where we are trying to get up the ladder.  Save the future and deal the useless players like Enstrom.

Do you think someone would trade the 1st overall for our pick and Enstrom? You've got to give to get. Again, Enstrom has a full NMC...

Just now, Ducky said:

Do you think someone would trade the 1st overall for our pick and Enstrom? You've got to give to get. Again, Enstrom has a full NMC...

then throw in Burmi too.  I just don't get the whole wanting to trade away our young defencemen like that.  Perhaps I am still suffering PTSD from the Dave Babych trade...

“There’s not many teams that would have – I don’t know what order you’d put them in – but (Jacob) Trouba, Buff (Dustin Byfuglien) and (Tyler) Myers all on the right side. Suddenly they have maybe the best right-handed back end in hockey as far as the three guys they got on the right. And (Tobias) Enstrom is an elite player. When you look at that, it’s a nice back end and they seem to have nice depth up front...."

I mean, what does Mike Babcock know about judging talent anyway...right?

Windsor Star, 1 year ago last week