Around the NHL

Id hate to lose Myers but he might be the odd man out if they decide to resign buff but it's almost conditions. Imagine trading Myers and then buff walks.

Buff. Hamonic. Trouba. Strong RHD

I wonder if this talk of enstrom being shopped is related. Trade enstrom for Hamonic and resign buff. But someone has to play off side on the left for sure

Then send a package to philly for Schenn bros. Luke is a serviceable bottom LHD, no?

No he's RHD

gary lawless         @garylawless

AAV of 3.8 makes Hamonic difficult to trade. most players of equal impact are going to be more expensive. Isles won't want to increase costs

This is an interesting point.  Although it makes Myers or Trouba attractive.  I think Chevy can get the deal done without losing any core pieces of the D.  I'd suspect a prospect and/or someone like Postma who is still young and has some upside could help make it happen.  I know people around here crap on Postma but another team might see him as a solid reclamation project.

Tait says been hearing the Isles asking for Little, Hellebuyck, Pick as part of the package and he says there is no way the Jets part with that.

hahahahaha

Not only would Chevy laugh his ass off at that, the Isles wont get a package like that from ANY team.  I wouldnt trade Little OR Helle straight up for Hamonic, let alone a package that includes both and a pick.  Isles would have to throw in a whole lot of awesome for that.

Hamonic us supposed to address the media today so we'll see what he sayd but Lawless was saying the request came in the summer and the first call Snow made would have been to the Jets so this tells you they were not able to come to a deal yet.  And the fact this is public is probably Hamonic's agent putting pressure on Snow.  So that changes thing. 

I wonder if the agent is privy to some of the names being thrown around and the pressure is not just on Snow but on Chevy as well, to bridge the gap and get it done.

Also, curious as to what the reason is that the player feels he needs to be closer to home.

The Islanders are in a win now mode, they aren't building.   They aren't going to trade one of their top pairing defencemen for picks and prospects.  The deal is going to have to include a competent (Top 6 / Top 4) roster player than can play now.

AAV of 3.8 makes Hamonic difficult to trade. most players of equal impact are going to be more expensive. Isles won't want to increase costs

This is an interesting point.  Although it makes Myers or Trouba attractive.  I think Chevy can get the deal done without losing any core pieces of the D.  I'd suspect a prospect and/or someone like Postma who is still young and has some upside could help make it happen.  I know people around here crap on Postma but another team might see him as a solid reclamation project.

Postma and a prospect won't even get talks started...

Postma and a prospect won't even get talks started...

Really?  If I was Snow and Chevy said "Postma and Connor", I'd be talking.