Around the NHL

Sends a wrong message if your in the hunt and you trade the captain of the team. Again if there signed it gives you options, rather than going into the playoffs with them being free agents. You think there was an uproar when we lost Frolik people will lose their minds if they both go to free agency and we lose them for nothing

I still think Ladd signs and buff is traded. And I just can't take what hockeybuzz says seriously. Philly is a good fit tho.... they have what we need in LHD prospects like Sanheim and Provorov... but... I don't see us being interested in a forward unless one is going there way also. Buff Burmi for B Schenn Sanheim and 1st makes some sense. Luke makes sense too as a cap dump. 1 year left for him. But... I don't see it unless like I said a forward or 2 is going to Philly also.

Buff Burmi for Sanheim (LHD needs to be involved) B Schenn Read or Simmonds plus cap dump (Luke Schenn) and a 1st.

It's the only deal that makes sense. LHD and that's Sanheim or Provorov. If Burmi is going a forward needs to come back... that b schenn read or Simmonds. Luke is a cap dump. The 1st is necessary.

I'd even do buff Burmi for Sanheim B Schenn and a 1st.

But more than likely... there is nothing to this at all. Hockeybuzz is full of crap. The more realistic thing is the jets scouts and Chevy were scouting division rival Chicago. They already were on the easy coast the day b4 so stick around a day and check out a rival

Trade Buff tonight!  We'll get 1st round, Provorov and Voracek straight up

Here comes minority supporting voice for Buff on this site.

People around me in Alberta (mostly Olier and Flame fans) are fascinated that some of our fan base want to trade Buff. I'm in that group as well.

I'd like to have Buff for three to four more years than free him up if anyone wants him. Yes I think I know his liabilities (which at certain points can be maddening) but I strongly believe his strengths outweigh those risks.

Ladd and Buff are playing for big time contracts right now.

Trade Buff tonight! We'll get 1st round, Provorov and Voracek straight up

Here comes minority supporting voice for Buff on this site.

People around me in Alberta (mostly Olier and Flame fans) are fascinated that some of our fan base want to trade Buff. I'm in that group as well.

I'd like to have Buff for three to four more years than free him up if anyone wants him. Yes I think I know his liabilities (which at certain points can be maddening) but I strongly believe his strengths outweigh those risks.

Ladd and Buff are playing for big time contracts right now.

My fear with Buff is the term of the contract. I would only want 4 years max and even with that I think we would be over paying him in the last year or two.

As Buff ages I fear the drop off for him will come fast and hard.

It's not that fans want buff gone. It's being realistic about oir salary structure, ice time and buff's age and conditioning. If buff signed a 3-4 year deal at $6-ish per we'd probably sign him right now.

But this is his opportunity to cash in big time. He's at his peak. And if his agent is smart he's leveraging a desire to get buff for his peak years against having to take him for a couple of downside years too. He's probably asking for $7-8m per over 6-7 years. If you want 4-5 years it's over 8.

But we shall see how much buff wants to be here as far as accepting a discount down the road. Problem is if there is no extension by February why would buff or Ladd sign then? They would have to love winnipeg to give up the chance to be wined and dined in free agency.

Lets face it Buff is looking for term and that's what the Jets are balking at, I like Buff even when he's free wheeling and has brain farts because i know he'll do something that makes you say WTF did he just do that, but he's 30 is a big man and gets nicked up every year, so any more than 4 years should be a no go. 

I'd love to keep Buff.  But my "trade Buff" position comes from the fact that we are silly to sign him for more than 3-4 years and I cant see him giving us a 3-4 year contract.  If the option is 6+ years or trade him, then trade him because he has high value right now and will bring back some goodies.  But if he'd sign shorter, I'd be open to that.  The problem is he'd probably want $8m+ per year to sign shorter.  And while I'd be willing to pay him higher dollars for shorter term, we have to resign Trouba, Scheif, Lowry next season and after hopefully signing Ladd, we have to watch our pennies.

Lets face it Buff is looking for term and that's what the Jets are balking at, I like Buff even when he's free wheeling and has brain farts because i know he'll do something that makes you say WTF did he just do that, but he's 30 is a big man and gets nicked up every year, so any more than 4 years should be a no go. 

Not sure what you mean by that?

Not sure what you mean by that?

He always has these nagging injuries, even last year twisted funny behind the net and ended up having rib problems year before jumped over a player and ended up missing some games with a leg ailment  nothing major but a concern,  he has never played a full season since coming to Winnipeg.