Manitoba Moose

Goalie

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/20/2016 at 8:44 PM, Goalie said:

Pav gives up 4 But Moose pop 5 and win 5 4. Petan with the winner in to the empty net. Yup. Condors scored with 1 second left to make it 5 4. Roslovic with another. Kosmschuk with 1. Kostalek altho should be Olsen. Lemieux scored also. Fans go home with a free coupon for pancakes as the Moose scored 5. 

Moose win and free pancakes.  Life doesn't get much better than that.

23 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

If/when this does happen (and i think it could happen as early as next year) can we finally say that we won the Kane trade?

Finally?  People have been saying we won since the day the trade was made.  For sure since the draft.

Playing with Burmi does make Connor give away the puck repeatedly.  Connor and Burmi both being relegated to the 4th line is likely the result of coachs confidence in both.  I could see Connor being sent down or benched in favour of Thorburn for a couple of games.  Burmi is only playing because he's a C. 

Staff wasnt awful yesterday.  Im fine with him.  He wont be here next season, most likely.  So its fine.  In fact, he's decent trade bait for a deadline deal presuming the Jets arent in a playoff position at the time.  Some other team will trade a draft pick for him.

Burmi was better yesterday.  4th line C is fine by me.  But its depth.  Thats why he's playing.  One could argue that De Leo, Copp or Roslovic should get called up.  But maybe they dont think 4th line minutes is the best thing for them if Burmi can do it.

He's struggled this year but... the bottom line is prior to these 5 games, and perhaps it's because he's a very streaky type of player, when Stafford scores, it comes in bunches, he'll go 10 games without a goal but then go 5 or 6 in a row with a goal, but prior to this year, he's been pretty good. I mean, he is an NHL calibre player for sure, it's not like he's sucked his whole career, that's just not true at all, He's streaky. 

Burmi and Connor was the 4th line? Why cuz Sportsnet said so? Lowry and Tanev were the 4th line, they were just matched up against the mcdavid line later on... but Burmi Connor were and has been the 3rd line, Sportsnet really doesn't have much of a clue when it comes to the Jets and that was definitely made known during the game. 

• 1 month later...