Manitoba Moose

Goalie

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Goalie said:

I doubt it. 

Regardless tho... Moose havent lost in regulation in 15 games. 

Heres a crazy stat.. 

Moose have a plus 61 goal differential. Next closest is Charlotte at... Plus 30. 

Moose are ******* good. 

You don't think Hutch will be back in the NHL?  When I say soon enough I mean within a year.  Probably never play for the Jets again but he will play for an NHL team next year.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Floyd said:

Hutchinson named AHL player of the month 2x in a row...  first goalie since Matt Murray to do that

Chevy is going to get an absolute truckload for him at the trade deadline - maybe Islanders or Pens?

I dont know about truckload, but yes, Hutch is sure helping his cause.  How about trading Mason and keeping Hutch? lol

As far as experienced backups on cheap/expiring contracts who are playing very well, is there anyone better than Hutch right now?  I thought the Pens would be interested awhile back.

I think the Jets need something somewhat significant or they'd just keep him.  They seem to value the idea of the Moose as competitive and I dont think they'd break that up without good reason.  Whats the highest pick we could reasonably get?  3rd round?  2nd from a desperate team?

I still maintain Petan would look good in a Pens uniform.  Package deal?

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I dont know about truckload, but yes, Hutch is sure helping his cause.  How about trading Mason and keeping Hutch? lol

As far as experienced backups on cheap/expiring contracts who are playing very well, is there anyone better than Hutch right now?  I thought the Pens would be interested awhile back.

I think the Jets need something somewhat significant or they'd just keep him.  They seem to value the idea of the Moose as competitive and I dont think they'd break that up without good reason.  Whats the highest pick we could reasonably get?  3rd round?  2nd from a desperate team?

I still maintain Petan would look good in a Pens uniform.  Package deal?

They need a defender too. Why not Hutch, Petan and Chiarot for ????

I'm not in favour of trading Chairot, BTW. Not now, for sure.

Just now, Floyd said:

I don't think you need to package Hutch with anything....  a UFA goalie on a career hot streak with basically no cap hit...?  That's worth a first and a prospect

Or maybe you pry Devon Toews away from NYI

A career hot streak in the AHL, though.  What's that worth?  Is someone giving up a first rounder for goalie depth?  I don't think any playoff team is going to come calling with the intention of Hutch being their starter.

I really don't know what to expect.  I don't think we get a first rounder but I'm always baffled by what teams are willing to give up at the deadline so maybe we do.

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

A career hot streak in the AHL, though.  What's that worth?  Is someone giving up a first rounder for goalie depth?  I don't think any playoff team is going to come calling with the intention of Hutch being their starter.

I really don't know what to expect.  I don't think we get a first rounder but I'm always baffled by what teams are willing to give up at the deadline so maybe we do.

I'm sure Washington still considers Martin Erat for Filip Forsberg a win-win for both teams.  2013 Stanley Cup champs!

15 minutes ago, Atomic said:

There’s a few desperate teams in the race this year... islanders are prob the best hope for a bad decision

36 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I don't think you need to package Hutch with anything....  a UFA goalie on a career hot streak with basically no cap hit...?  That's worth a first and a prospect

Or maybe you pry Devon Toews away from NYI

A 1st rounder... zero chance.      I'd be amazed if we get anything for Hutch despite the flashy AHL numbers...  teams are only willing to trade value if the guy has proven to play in the NHL.