Manitoba Moose

Goalie

10 hours ago, Ducky said:

Pretty good seeing as half the team is with the Jets...

That Kane/Bogo trade looks better every day.

Look at how well Chevy stocked the shelves with that one trade while getting rid of Kane at the right time.

Great timing by Chevy to throw Kane's track suit in the cold tub. lol

Good to see Roslovic doing so well.  Should be a big part of the Jets in due time.  I still think Connor might benefit from some time on the Moose and rekindle some confidence with Jack.

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Play Connor with Wheeler and Little already. Let's see what he can do with offensive minded players that play D responsibly. I really think Connor Little Armia would be a great line.

Chevy has built a really good prospect pool except D men. I don't expect that to change much until after the expansion draft. That draft is gonna cause a whirlwind of activity. The Isles will lose a good D man and so will Chicago.

9 hours ago, Ducky said:

Play Connor with Wheeler and Little already. Let's see what he can do with offensive minded players that play D responsibly. I really think Connor Little Armia would be a great line.

Chevy has built a really good prospect pool except D men. I don't expect that to change much until after the expansion draft. That draft is gonna cause a whirlwind of activity. The Isles will lose a good D man and so will Chicago.

As far as assets that arent pro yet, I guess so.  But they do have an enviable top four in Toby, Buff, Trouba & Myers.  Most teams would love that top four.  Add Morrissey who is very good and getting better and they are doing well.  Its when you lose a couple of top four at the same time that you run into trouble but most teams cant lose half their top four and not miss a beat.  The Pens won a cup with a less than scary D.

Not really Moose news....yet.  From the Sun:

The Winnipeg Jets have locked up 2016 first-rounder Logan Stanley.

The big blue-liner signed a three-year, entry-level contract on Tuesday that will carry an average annual value of $1.137 million.

Stanley, 18, has two goals and nine points in 20 games with the Windsor Spitfires of the Ontario Hockey League this season.

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Not really Moose news....yet.  From the Sun:

The Winnipeg Jets have locked up 2016 first-rounder Logan Stanley.

The big blue-liner signed a three-year, entry-level contract on Tuesday that will carry an average annual value of $1.137 million.

Stanley, 18, has two goals and nine points in 20 games with the Windsor Spitfires of the Ontario Hockey League this season.

Is Stanley going to be on the World Junior team?  If not I'd want to know why.

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/Team-Canada/Men/Junior/2016-17/Selection-Camp/Stats/team-rosters?teamid=128

Don't see him listed.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

He reminds me of Mark Scheifele his first year with the Jets, the talent is there, the skill is there, the work ethic is there... the body just isn't there yet. It's the right move for sure and long overdue, needs to play to develop. Now hopefully him and Roslovic play together and develop some more of that chemistry they had during rookie camp. 

How could you send him back after training camp after he looked as good as he did? You couldn't. Bottom Line, the guy was improving when he was playing, his D game was coming along, for some reason, Maurice decided not to play him anymore... 

Mark Scheifele in his first year with the Jets played a few games and was then sent back to Junior, Connor can't be sent to junior cuz he's from the NCAA... The Moose will be good for him, he needs to play. That's what this is all about, instead of watching or playing 4 minutes a game cuz MAURICE loves his struggling veterans, he will get to play 15 20 minutes a game with the Moose and develop his game even more and grow in to his body. 

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

That's what this is all about, instead of watching or playing 4 minutes a game cuz MAURICE loves his struggling veterans, he will get to play 15 20 minutes a game with the Moose and develop his game even more and grow in to his body. 

I don't think Connor has played better than any of the struggling veterans or other youth on this team. He needs time on the ice but he needs it where he can develop. He's better suited for the Moose right now. Hopefully, he finds his touch, learns some things and can rejoin the big club later this year or next.

He was also never really given the chance to play with anybody with any sort of skill tho, he was saddled on the 4th line with stars like Burmi and Thor, when he played pre-season and i know it's just pre-season but he played with Scheif and Wheeler and looked good. Regardless, it's the right decision to send him down cuz he needs to play. 

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

I don't think Connor has played better than any of the struggling veterans or other youth on this team. He needs time on the ice but he needs it where he can develop. He's better suited for the Moose right now. Hopefully, he finds his touch, learns some things and can rejoin the big club later this year or next.

Agreed.  Its hard to crack the top six and playing the third line requires some skills that arent his forte yet.  Play top line minutes for the Moose and learn the game at top speed.  He will probably be back at some point.  Connor and Roslovic could be two parts of the future second line.

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Agreed.  Its hard to crack the top six and playing the third line requires some skills that arent his forte yet.  Play top line minutes for the Moose and learn the game at top speed.  He will probably be back at some point.  Connor and Roslovic could be two parts of the future second line.

I would think that is a very real possibility.  Maurice saddled Ehlers last year with Thorburn also and he did pretty much nothing at all playing next to Thorburn, I don't get putting these offensive skill players with guys like Thor or Stafford for that matter who just totally drag down any line they are a part of. 

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I would think that is a very real possibility.  Maurice saddled Ehlers last year with Thorburn also and he did pretty much nothing at all playing next to Thorburn, I don't get putting these offensive skill players with guys like Thor or Stafford for that matter who just totally drag down any line they are a part of. 

I suspect its about developing them a certain way.  Whether we agree or not, its learning to play defensively responsible before being allowed to get the fun assignments.  I would think there are things they want to see, whether the player can excel at them or not, they want to see them make the effort.  Ehlers is off the charts this year and we've seen Laine be moved down for a couple of games, get moved back up and be better.  Maybe they like what Connor is doing in limited time.  Oh well, he should light it up for the Moose (lets hope)

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

yeah I was thinking the same thing.  Ehlers looked like Moose material for the first while playing with two plugs, but then he blossomed when he was given some talent to play with.  Same thing with Copp, he really started to gel at the end of last year playing with Petan and Armia. but looked terrible playing with Thorbs and Burmi/Peluso.  There seems to be a common denominator here.