Manitoba Moose

Goalie

4 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

right.  I always think you sell when an asset is in high demand, but there's not much behind Hutch so probably not a great idea.

Yeah I hear ya.  I just don't think the demand is high enough.  There are other options out there, like Eddie Lack, Reto Berra, and Andrew Hammond, all of whom are in the AHL right now.  They're all comparable to Hutch.

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the three goalies we have in front of Hutch, Im fine with trading him if only to give him an opportunity.  But as others have said, the small return isnt as great as the depth come playoff time, as Vegas has shown us it might be unlikely to lose two goalies (or 5) but it can happen.  Then again, any other season Mason, Helle, Comrie dont have a guy like Hutch behind them...he'll be gone next year.

On 12/3/2017 at 4:04 AM, Goalie said:

9 in a Row. Hutch being a baby tho not talking to the media. I feel his attitude is what will hold him back. Good goalie in the A tho. 

Dont need another canned response from a sports figure so this is fine with me plus who knows, maybe this is what is helping him win. Don't break the streak!

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

10 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Dont need another canned response from a sports figure so this is fine with me plus who knows, maybe this is what is helping him win. Don't break the streak!

I sort of suspect it is. He was disappointed. Maybe angry. If he’s using that to inspire himself to this level, so be it. I’m sure his thought process is to earn a chance somewhere else and make us regret it. We won’t, surely, due to the talent we have. But good for him if he succeeds. And thank you to him for his effort and success with the moose. 

55 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

When the Jets returned the speculation was Chipman wanted a “bears” related name. Some chatter said they never got to a name/logo phase. Others claim they did. 

Many insiders able to tell us if this is a rehash of a proposed “Jets” logo?

No. They have used many types of polar bear inspired jerseys for the moose.. They have done it the last several years and each jersey is different. Fan speculation is hillarious tho... But reality is most dont know what they talking about. 

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

When the Jets returned the speculation was Chipman wanted a “bears” related name. Some chatter said they never got to a name/logo phase. Others claim they did. 

Many insiders able to tell us if this is a rehash of a proposed “Jets” logo?

Chipman wanted Moose, pretty sure he said such. That was the brand they created well...bought from Minnesota.

8 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Chipman wanted Moose, pretty sure he said such. That was the brand they created well...bought from Minnesota.

Zinger wanted Moose.  The only verifiable info on Chipman was when he went with Jets pretty quickly.  If I recall he said they had not thought about it (though I find that hard to believe lol).  And I base that one both Bettman and Thomson speaking positively about the name "Jets" at the purchase presser.  But despite some people getting oddly upset over discussion of the rumors and speculation, it was a fun time and fun to think about all the behind the scenes stuff. 

The most fun incorrect rumors were that the team jersey was "burnt orange".  And the day of the presser, a certain "fan" with a popular Jets forum declared it was "Manitoba Polar Bears, powder blue jerseys".  And then later claimed he was kidding.  hahaha

I hope Chipman writes a book about it one day.

5 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Zinger wanted Moose.  The only verifiable info on Chipman was when he went with Jets pretty quickly.  If I recall he said they had not thought about it (though I find that hard to believe lol).  And I base that one both Bettman and Thomson speaking positively about the name "Jets" at the purchase presser.  But despite some people getting oddly upset over discussion of the rumors and speculation, it was a fun time and fun to think about all the behind the scenes stuff. 

The most fun incorrect rumors were that the team jersey was "burnt orange".  And the day of the presser, a certain "fan" with a popular Jets forum declared it was "Manitoba Polar Bears, powder blue jerseys".  And then later claimed he was kidding.  hahaha

I hope Chipman writes a book about it one day.

Chipman did talk about the naming a bit at the heritage classic.

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/hockey/jets/chipman-knew-no-other-name-but-jets-would-do-403096756.html

He does say there were people in the organization who felt strongly about the Moose brand.   They considered the Falcons and Warriors as they have a hockey history in Winnipeg.  He confirms they came up with the Bear image, but says it was more of just an exercise of picking a name off the board then seriously being considered.    The Jets was always a strong contender, but it was when they got the permission from the Royal Canadian Air Force and the Department of National Defence to model the logo off of the ones on the RCAF planes that cemented the decision.   Also says the fact that the fans really wanted the Jets name, played a large role as well.

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Chipman did talk about the naming a bit at the heritage classic.

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/hockey/jets/chipman-knew-no-other-name-but-jets-would-do-403096756.html

He does say there were people in the organization who felt strongly about the Moose brand.   They considered the Falcons and Warriors as they have a hockey history in Winnipeg.  He confirms they came up with the Bear image, but says it was more of just an exercise of picking a name off the board then seriously being considered.    The Jets was always a strong contender, but it was when they got the permission from the Royal Canadian Air Force and the Department of National Defence to model the logo off of the ones on the RCAF planes that cemented the decision.   Also says the fact that the fans really wanted the Jets name, played a large role as well.

Thanks.  That sounds familiar now.  I know I read multiple places saying Zinger was the most strongly behind Moose.  Warriors would have been a non-starter due to gang implications.

41 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Thanks.  That sounds familiar now.  I know I read multiple places saying Zinger was the most strongly behind Moose.  Warriors would have been a non-starter due to gang implications.

Not sure what gang you are referring to.  I guess I'm not hip to the Winnipeg scene anymore.  But I used to go to Warrior games in the 1980's, before they moved to Moose Jaw.  Here was their logo:

WinnipegWarriors.png

Not sure it would have been acceptable in this new enlightened day and age.  There also was a Warrior team from 1955-1961.

EDIT - I was right.

http://www.rodpedersen.com/2014/04/warriors-logo-found-offensive.html

Edited by kelownabomberfan