Manitoba Moose

Goalie

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could see a coaching change perhaps?  I guess it depends.  I saw Zinger talk about the Moose and say its not like 1.0 where their main goal was winning.  They want to win now, but they are developing for the Jets so if they team is playing the systems and just short on talent, then I guess so be it.  They have some legitimate NHL'ers in Harrison and Halischuck and Cormier (low level NHL'ers but NHL'ers nontheless).

Would be nice if Postma could be assigned there or even Pardy.  I still think Petan might benefit from being the #1 center down there.

Could see a coaching change perhaps?  I guess it depends.  I saw Zinger talk about the Moose and say its not like 1.0 where their main goal was winning.  They want to win now, but they are developing for the Jets so if they team is playing the systems and just short on talent, then I guess so be it.  They have some legitimate NHL'ers in Harrison and Halischuck and Cormier (low level NHL'ers but NHL'ers nontheless).

Would be nice if Postma could be assigned there or even Pardy.  I still think Petan might benefit from being the #1 center down there.

Our fourth line is better than it has been in previous years...send Petan down? Don't think so.

You could put Blake Wheeler on the 4th line and say "see the 4th line is better" but it wouldnt be beneficial to Wheeler.  My concern is whether Petan is getting the time and use he needs to develop.  Coaches are smarter than me so I will assume they think he's fine.  But I cant help but wonder if Petan was #1 center on the Moose and lighting it up, what that would do for his confidence.

Something has to give regarding Postma.  Cant be sent down because he wouldnt clear.  But isnt even the back up D man.  Pardy is. 

Morrissey has regressed and it looks like his confidence is shot when you watch him play.

Hopefully he can regain his game over the course of this season.  Still young and still early to panic, but he is definitely struggling.

• 2 weeks later...

So 11 games in and Morrissey still has yet to register a point?

I haven't watched any games but looking only at the stats the goalies look good and the rest of the team look like a disaster.

The leading point getter is a defenseman....

Only 1 guy has more then 2 goals...  

Any following the team know why they are sucking so badly?

Rather see him spend a summer with Bobby Orr or Serge Savard.

He's still young and Chevy is showing patience with him but he was a liability during that Wolves' game.

It seemd 90% of the game was in the Wolves' end but they scored on almost every half decent shot they had.

I hope Helle had an off night because he will never play in the NHL playing like that.

He was a liability in his zone and was directly responsible for one goal. I'm not saying he will never make the Jets. I am saying he is on the farm for a reason. Helle played poorly to if you ask me. Outplayed by the Wolves' goalie by a country mile. No, I'm not saying give up on Helle either.