2015-2016 training camp

Ducky

I wonder if we sign this kid Jiri Fronk was supposed to be drafted but slipped through. Is he this year's sleeper?

Isn't he like 23 24
21 played one year USHL was draft eligible put up a lot of points played on the line with a Jet draft pick Erik Foley.

I wonder if we sign this kid Jiri Fronk was supposed to be drafted but slipped through. Is he this year's sleeper?

Isn't he like 23 24
21 played one year USHL was draft eligible put up a lot of points played on the line with a Jet draft pick.

Let's see what he does with the young guns next week, nothing really to lose if anything could be a good project player

Well there is the strong possibility in my opinion that the 4 centers to start this year are....

Little. Scheifele. Lowry. Burmistrov (He is a natural Center) 

Let's just do a little updated pretend line up... one last time.... This is my final guess...

Ladd,Little,Stafford

Ehlers,Scheif,Wheeler

Perreault,Lowry,Petan

Lemieux,Burmi, Thorburn

Armia, Kosmachuk and Copp are the oldest prospects with the most experience...  I would expect these guys to get a hard look this season

Don't expect crazy changes...  

Ladd-Little-Stafford

Perrault-Scheifele-Wheeler

Ehlers-Lowry-Burmistrov

Thorbs-Copp-Peluso

(Armia/Halischuk)

Enstrom-Myers

Stuart-Trouba

Chiarot-Buff

(Postma/Pardy)

Lipon was born in 93 as was Armia and Serville (no chance to make the Jets). Copp in 94, Kosmo in 94, , Kitchton in 92, Hellebuyck in 93, Olsen in 94, and Phillips in 93. Armia has to **** or get off the pot as does Lipon and Kosmo, they at least have to show great improvement. Serville won't make the team...Copp has a great chance...Hellebuyck is a matter of when and Olsen and Philips stillhave time......Kitchton has an important season coming up. He has to play well or he will go waaaaaaaaaaaay down the prospect list.

Ladd - Little - Wheeler

Perrault - Scheifele - Stafford

Burmi - Lowry - Armia

Petan - Copp - Thorbs/Peluso/Hali

Enstrom - Myers

Buff - Trouba

Stuart/Chiarot - Postma

Pavs Hutch

I'm expecting 55-65 points from Scheifele this year, maybe 25-35 from Lowry.  Lowry is the more physical player of course but Scheifele has a higher skill level and is also stronger defensively.  Scheifele just needs to get a little tougher but for now he is a tier above Lowry, for sure.

I think Lowry is ahead of where they expected him.  I think they ceiling'ed him out as, at best, a decent 3C, more probably a very good 4c and the fact he came into his rookie year and played himself into that 3C role is pretty remarkable and did a very good job of it. The expectation for Scheif is higher with him being the guy they want to be their franchise 1C as the years progress.

I'd like to see steady progress from Scheif as far as offensive consistency goes.  Im okay with a "good" year this season but he really will need to embrace that top offensive centre role soon.

Well, for sure.. but if Scheif puts up 55 60 as #2 center, that's pretty damn impressive and honestly, i see no reason why he couldn't.  It also really depends on your teams make up really... 

Like for example, would you rather have 1  50 goal scorer or maybe 3 30 goal scorers instead? 

Would you rather have 1 guy with 100 points in a season or maybe 2 with well over 100 combined. 

Really depends on your teams make up really. 

Would I like Ovechkin on the Jets and would i like it if he scored 50 for us? Yup, but... at the same time, I'm fine with a bunch of guys scoring 20 goals too.

Well, for sure.. but if Scheif puts up 55 60 as #2 center, that's pretty damn impressive and honestly, i see no reason why he couldn't.

Sure, and that's what I'm hoping for. The team needs him to step up in a big way. Chevy is putting a lot of pressure on the young guys to carry more of the load.