2015-2016 training camp

Ducky

Ken Wiebe @WiebeSunSports

@saraorlesky: #NHLJets practice about to start. Raffl and Peluso both on the ice.” Remember folks, today's roster deadline is 4 pm CT

Sara Orlesky         @saraorlesky

Byfuglien is the only #NHLJets player missing from practice.

Buff traded!! lol  j/k

Basically, by process of elimination the Jets either are working on a trade or working on a two-way deal with Raffl.  They have to reduce to 23 (they have 24 now) by 3:00.  If they were going to waive Peluso (or someone else), they would have had to yesterday.

Is it confirmed Clitsome is not among the 24?  I had read he had to be "on the roster" before being assigned to LTIR.

They have some guys they could send to the Moose without waivers but I would think they would have done so yesterday.  Sounds to me like Raffl gets a two-way or a release.

TSN 1290 Winnipeg         @TSN1290Radio

The Winnipeg Jets announced today they have agreed to terms with forward Thomas Raffl on a one-year, one-way contract worth $575,000.

Andrew Paterson @hustlerama

Raffl signs 1 year deal with Jets - will be a very interesting afternoon on @TSN1290Radio

Raffl attended Jets training camp on a tryout and will be assigned to the Manitoba Moose of the American Hockey League.

***Interesting.  Im guessing it had to be one way to get out of his Club contract.  Jets obviously like him.

The Winnipeg Jets announced today they have agreed to terms with forward Thomas Raffl on a one-year, one-way contract worth $575,000.

Andrew Paterson @hustlerama

Raffl signs 1 year deal with Jets - will be a very interesting afternoon on @TSN1290Radio

Raffl attended Jets training camp on a tryout and will be assigned to the Manitoba Moose of the American Hockey League.

***Interesting.  Im guessing it had to be one way to get out of his Club contract.  Jets obviously like him.

That's weird, I thought they could not send him to the Moose.

So Peluso is the coach's dozen.

He does not have to clear waivers to report to the Moose.

The story was his club team would not release him to play in the AHL.  But seeing as this is an NHL contract and the Jets have to pay him full price either way, I guess it works.

Surely it means the Jets like him and intend to use him....Maybe they want to see if he can replace Peluso's contributions before committing to dumping Peluso.

There will be injuries at some point this year and I am sure he will be among the first call ups. You wonder if both him and Lipon don't get a chance at some point this season.

It also gives you options if BURMISTROV struggles at the NHL level and they decide he needs some time with the Moose.

Fixed it for you.

I am serious when i say that #9 should be left alone....

If not for Bobby Hull, the Jets would not have made it into the NHL....there might not have even been a WHA...

Arizona has that history. Hull means nothing to this version of the Jets. Plus he's a terrible person

No the Coyotes have that history. The Jets have the thrashers history. Hull means nothing to this version and quite honestly I'm not sure that most people in winnipeg even give a crap about Bobby Hull. The guy beat up women and is a terrible person. Why honor someone who has nothing to do with TNSE. It makes no sense. Starting to think they should have called them something other than the Jets so people actually understand they have nothing to do with the original. Hull Is a piece of crap. How do you retire a number of a guy who never played for your franchise. Makes no sense. If anything he can have a little plaque or whatever in the manitoba sports hall of fame or in the tunnels of MTS Centre. But he had nothing to do with this team ever. Bobby Hull.

You obviously don't know most people then.

Are you too young to remember what he did to put Winnipeg on the map?

Also, what about the other players across the league with their numbers retired that have had legal issues, Glen Anderson comes to mind, they shouldn't have their numbers retired either?

I'll say it again, if not for Bobby Hull, there may have been no WHA.

No the Coyotes have that history. The Jets have the thrashers history. Hull means nothing to this version and quite honestly I'm not sure that most people in winnipeg even give a crap about Bobby Hull. The guy beat up women and is a terrible person. Why honor someone who has nothing to do with TNSE. It makes no sense. Starting to think they should have called them something other than the Jets so people actually understand they have nothing to do with the original. Hull Is a piece of crap.

So, it is okay for someone to wear Hawerchuk's number too?

No the Coyotes have that history. The Jets have the thrashers history. Hull means nothing to this version and quite honestly I'm not sure that most people in winnipeg even give a crap about Bobby Hull. The guy beat up women and is a terrible person. Why honor someone who has nothing to do with TNSE. It makes no sense. Starting to think they should have called them something other than the Jets so people actually understand they have nothing to do with the original. Hull Is a piece of crap.

So, it is okay for someone to wear Hawerchuk's number too?
Yup it is. Do you not get that this team is the former thrashers and not the former jets. I'm all for honoring these legends of winnipeg hockey history but retiring their numbers when they never played for this franchise? Makes no sense. What if they were called the Winnipeg Falcons? ? Still think they should retire their numbers or is it cuz of the Jets name.

True North will never issue #10 just a courtesy to the best NHL jet. As for Hull simply put No Bobby Hull no WHA, no WHA no Jets 1.0 in the NHL. As for Hull his reputation is spotty at best, not the nicest person in the world but time has mellowed him. I wonder if his ex wife still has shards of glass in her @#$

True North will never issue #10 just a courtesy to the best NHL jet. As for Hull simply put No Bobby Hull no WHA, no WHA no Jets 1.0 in the NHL. As for Hull his reputation is spotty at best, not the nicest person in the world but time has mellowed him. I wonder if his ex wife still has shards of glass in her @#$

Umm actually that would be a two tie between Mark Kumpel and Sergie Bautin . . . :-)