2015-2016 training camp

Ducky

People have been saying that for years though.  I distinctly remember hearing that during Tie Domi's playing days.   Yes, enforcer's have had their roles greatly reduced and the ones that haven't been able to round out their game (McGrattan for example) to a somewhat acceptable level won't last, but they will never completely go away.

Listening to Lawless discuss this.  FIrstly, Raffl was a good company man and claimed he didnt know who Bollig was and that he was a fighter by trade so he was cool with Peluso stepping in.

But Lawless revealed that according to Raffl's agent, Raffl is also a fighter, has no problem fighting and its a solid part of his game.  The agent also told Gary a couple of days ago that we would see Raffl fight this week as it was a part of his game he wanted to show.  And Lawless said he doesnt believe for one second that Raffl would be scared or intimidated by anyone in the NHL.

I think Peluso knew exactly what he was doing.  If Raffl is the type that will defend his team mates and is good at it, then we dont need Peluso because Raffl is a way better hockey player.

Im pulling for him.  13th forward.  Yes, Peluso is younger but lets be honest, what he brings to the table, if we need to reload on that in two or three years, is it going to be a hard search?

I'm going a disagree a little here, i thought in the last 2 games he showed glimpses of what he's going to be as a player. Good skater, goes into the corners and solid defensively. He still holds on to the puck way to much and will never be a top flight scorer in the NHL but on this team he will play on the third line and penalty kill.

The rookies were better than Burmi and have more upside. 

Burmi doesn't really fit in to what this team is doing, he's an east west player, the team is a north south team. 

Toth was the only guy mentioning burmi might get traded so i doubt he does but... it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he was.

In reality, if he could be sent down to the AHL, that would be the best thing for him but he can't be... you risk losing him for nothing, no doubt someone would take a chance on him.... but i think he's slightly to massively over rated as a player by some Jets fans hoping he becomes something I don't think he ever will be. He's not a top 6 guy.. On this team, I'm not sure if he's a top 9 guy based on pre-season. 

anyone know why Scheifele didn't play?

Here are the players I think will start the season with the Jets...no order......Also don't know the extent of Perrault's injury.

Ladd

Little

Wheeler
Perrault

Scheifele

Ehlers

Petan 

Lowry

Stafford
Burmistrov

Copp

Thorbs

Peluso

Enstrom

Myers

Buff

Trouba

Chiarot

Stuart

Harrison

Pardy

Pavs

Hutch

Burmistrov sucked... it's really that simple. He wasn't good in pre-season at all. The rookies were better, Raffl was better. Burmistrov was probably the worst forward outside of peluso in the pre-season.

Harrison? waived to the moose, if someone picks him up on waivers, great but they won't. 

Postma and Pardy can sit in the press box... Peluso should have been waived after the last game the other night, he's not good, he's not needed. Lipon can do the same as him plus he has the hands to actually score. Peluso isn't needed, he's a one dimensional plug fighter. He doesn't serve a purpose. 

Harrison played better than Pardy if you ask me.

Burmi will be on the starting roster. Plus, he will NEVER clear waivers if he is waived.

Peluso will be with the club on the opening road trip but not sure how much he will play.

Chevy just signed him to a two year, one way contract.

I would love to see Lipon and Raffl play instead of Thorbs and Peluso but it won't happen just yet.

Burmi played like a vet. Invisible at times because he knows he will make the team. Foolish?

I think we can write off Lipon to the Moose. So that leaves Petan, Ehlers & Raffl. Darn it, I'd like to see them all here to start the season.

It's quite an interesting conundrum. Raffle got 10 years experience on the others. Petan has got the hands and the fans want Ehlers

Peluso...well if Thorburn did his job every night we would not need him.

Postma's play the last couple of tc games has put him ahead of Pardy I think but Harrison ahead of Postma. Speaking of Harrison I might be wrong but when he plays the Jets have a pretty good winning percentage. Just throwing that out there.

Just my thoughts.