Greg "The" Peach Signs with Bombers, Freddie Harris Released

Atomic

Ok but how about when you're throwing 50% in practice and in games?  Then what?  If he's not improving in practice then he's not going to get any better in games.

Please.  I've been to practice and training camp dozens of times over the last 3 years and he looks the same as he did on day one.  Overthrows and underthrows the most balls of any QB we've had here in that time.  It's naive to think it will get better by playing in games.

It's a good thing we've invested in a QB coach then to help Goltz develop.

Wut?  How can you equate throwing in practice with throwing in a game?  You could be a dead on accurate passer in practice, but when the game starts and you don't have experience in shutting out the noise, taunting from the other team, the butterflies in your stomach, the thought that everyone in the stadium wants to rip your head off if you lose, etc... not to mention once you say hut you have at least 4-8 monstrous guys running straight for you wanting to smash you into the turf.  Yeah I'm thinking you get a bit more jittery when you're playing live, which means your going to make mistakes and your accuracy is going to be off.

And yes...playing in live games will make you more accurate.  Any experience will normally make you better unless you've reached your peak.

Ok but how about when you're throwing 50% in practice and in games?  Then what?  If he's not improving in practice then he's not going to get any better in games.

Please.  I've been to practice and training camp dozens of times over the last 3 years and he looks the same as he did on day one.  Overthrows and underthrows the most balls of any QB we've had here in that time.  It's naive to think it will get better by playing in games.

Well then if he's looked the same to you then I guess that's settled.  I will definitely not believe the other reports that Goltz has improved, since you have now clearly said he hasn't.

Wut?  How can you equate throwing in practice with throwing in a game?  You could be a dead on accurate passer in practice, but when the game starts and you don't have experience in shutting out the noise, taunting from the other team, the butterflies in your stomach, the thought that everyone in the stadium wants to rip your head off if you lose, etc... not to mention once you say hut you have at least 4-8 monstrous guys running straight for you wanting to smash you into the turf.  Yeah I'm thinking you get a bit more jittery when you're playing live, which means your going to make mistakes and your accuracy is going to be off.

And yes...playing in live games will make you more accurate.  Any experience will normally make you better unless you've reached your peak.

Well then if he's looked the same to you then I guess that's settled.  I will definitely not believe the other reports that Goltz has improved, since you have now clearly said he hasn't.

What reports that he has improved? is that why he is back to third string now and was 4th string last year? Some improvement!

Believe what you want to believe... I really don't care.  I know what I've seen and the coaches' reluctance to start Goltz backs it up.

What reports that he has improved? is that why he is back to third string now and was 4th string last year? Some improvement!

Well, with the Gong Show going on who really knows?  Having faith in the coaching staff is probably not the best idea anyway.

Trust your eyes and this forum long before them imo.

Last year was 52-0 with a better team and facing a weaker Rider team.  Lets see what Goltz can do. 

It just really seems to me that this whole "Goltz has no accuracy" thing really exploded after he missed Matthews on that one throw in BC. If we're using one bad miss to jump on a guy then I don't think there's a qb out there immune from that criticism save maybe Ricky Ray but Ray is just a freak.

It just really seems to me that this whole "Goltz has no accuracy" thing really exploded after he missed Matthews on that one throw in BC. If we're using one bad miss to jump on a guy then I don't think there's a qb out there immune from that criticism save maybe Ricky Ray but Ray is just a freak.

I lost it in that BC game when Goltz had Simpson all alone standing on the sideline and he one-hopped it in front of him.  Just inexcusable at this level.

Hey, everybody wants a deadly passer to throw in there and reap the immediate benefits. QBs that have done this recently have a distinct advantage over us though. They have an established O-Line.

But Goltz's inaccuracy can partially be blamed on our putrid game planning and his inexperience.

Can he improve?

Surely he can.

Will he get the chance?

??

I lost it in that BC game when Goltz had Simpson all alone standing on the sideline and he one-hopped it in front of him.  Just inexcusable at this level.

Also inexcusable were the lacklustre efforts by receivers on catchable balls. I mean sometimes qbs miss throws, especially young qbs who are facing a lot of pressure (and all our qbs are facing pressure) To me it seems very overblown. I'm not saying he's a super accurate thrower who can make 100 throws and only miss a couple, but I don't think it's to the point where it's a huge problem at this point either. Now maybe it's not right for this team where our receivers aren't doing a damned thing to help anyone out and we run so few plays to start with but on a more normal offense I think it's good enough.

I think they biggest problem with the offense, and has been for quite some time is that they lack an identity. What kind of offense are we running here? Are we a running team? Well we try and run but don't vary it up much, are we a quick passing team that gets guys into space and gets them balls quickly? Again they try but the blocking isn't there and the qbs don't make enough of those quick throws and the receivers don't do enough. Are we a big play team? Well we kinda were for a while but haven't seen much of that lately. 

They gotta figure out what they do well, or even what they want to do well and build the offense around that and go from there. 

Goltz has started 2 games this season.  Hardly enough of sample size to gauge where we go from here with him.  If we want to see if his accuracy can improve, he needs to play more.  

This whole "he looks the same as he did on day one" is a bit of an exaggeration if you ask me.  If that was true he wouldn't be here anymore.

Believe what you want to believe... I really don't care.  I know what I've seen and the coaches' reluctance to start Goltz backs it up.

Our coaches are definitely known to make smart decisions on personnel.

Our coaches are definitely known to make smart decisions on personnel.

Well then if that's the case then I guess that's settled.  I will definitely not believe that the coaches have any kind of insight into who is a good football player and who isn't, since you have now clearly said they don't.

Goltz had a bad ankle that game as well.  An excuse?  Maybe, maybe not.  Add that to a good D. and pressure all game, on the road......

Brink was skipping balls all over the place when he first started and worked his way through it.  He really improved that part of his game with a little more game experience.

Goltz is young, athletic and seems to really want to win.  Why not see what he really has in a lost season?  Putting him back to #3 after a week off to heal and facing a Hammy team he played in pre-season was a huge mistake.  What did we gain by sitting him?  Nothing.

Brain Fart # ??????.  Can't even keep track anymore.  

Hey, everybody wants a deadly passer to throw in there and reap the immediate benefits. QBs that have done this recently have a distinct advantage over us though. They have an established O-Line.

But Goltz's inaccuracy can partially be blamed on our putrid game planning and his inexperience.

Can he improve?

Surely he can.

Will he get the chance?

??

These questions and more will be answered on the next episode of "All My Footballs".