Trevor Harris

iso_55

Just curious, what is the contract status for Trevor Harris? Is he a FA after this season? Would the Riders make a play for him? I bet Ottawa would. Not the same opportunities as when Collaros, Willy & Burris were available. Can't see him wanting to play behind Ray anymore. 

Riders might go after Ray or who knows or cares what they will do. Durant will probably be back so who knows really. Doubt Harris would go there with Durant and doubt Toronto would let him go anyway altho small sample size with Harris still but I think he'll be a good one

If Durant is the Riders starter next year, after back to back season ending injuries, the wrong people are in charge in Saskatchewan.

He will be the starter. They are in for serious chaos, they are going to grasp for dear life onto the hope of a starting calibre QB

But I agree with you.

Ray will be starting for the Als next year.... don't see him in green... Durant will be back.

Why would the Als want him? Cato is already showing well at 23. He'll just keep getting better.

I see Ray more likely ending up in Ottawa. Close to Toronto, and Burris is done.

Yep Cato is a very exciting young Qb unless Ray was willing to go in some kind of future OC mentor kind of thing(which they already have AC for)i don't see it at all.Ott maybe Sask maybe BC...

Ray could retire. At 37, he has injury troubles & isn't as athletic as Burris so would any team want him to be their starter with his salary? The Argos want a qb long term which is what Harris would give them. Or they'll lose him. New ownership, moving into BMO Field has actual expectations of not only winning but selling out. Letting Harris get away isn't the right decision. I mean, even at 30... Harris isn't young anymore & the business of grooming a proper backup for him who can play would have to start. Bluto, what's your take?

Ray could retire. At 37, he has injury troubles & isn't as athletic as Burris so would any team want him to be their starter with his salary? The Argos want a qb long term which is what Harris would give them. Or they'll lose him. New ownership, moving into BMO Field has actual expectations of not only winning but selling out. Letting Harris get away isn't the right decision. I mean, even at 30... Harris isn't young anymore & the business of grooming a proper backup for him who can play would have to start. Bluto, what's your take?

It may be a good fit to transition Ray into their QB coach depending on who is currently performing those duties.

If nothing else, this season has demonstrated the importance of QB depth. Ricky Ray will have a job somewhere. At the very least, Ottawa would probably dump Burris if Ray was available. Even if no one wanted him as a starter, he could still make 200k as a backup somewhere. I don't see him giving that up for a 60k/year job as a QB coach. If he is still physically able to play, someone will sign him.

Speaking in generalities: 

-Trevor Harris is 29. He has seized the moment and his time is now. If he uses the next four weeks (or thereabouts) the same way he's used his last 5, then you couldn't demote him to backup.

-Ray now has the time he needs to make a full recovery and continue to rest his body. This increases his future value. His past two and a half seasons of play has been among the best QB play that the league has ever seen. Two more seasons (not unreasonable given good protection and good fortune) would cement his place in history and the records books.

-The Argos are trying to win it this season, so obviously, no trade gets made.

-Likewise, they will try to win next season and would like both players back... it's possible, but will depend on what the plaers, agents and teams want as well as health, luck, etc...

Reaslistically:

-The Trevor Harris era began in week 1

-Ray will renegotiate to a smaller deal to backup in Toronto, or another of what could be several teams will try their best to lure him away

-Milo and Barker will get whatever they want, so i'm good.

Ray should be traded to Edmonton as soon as he's healthy.

Nobody gets Ray this season. There's nothing that anyone could offer Barker to make it happen short of giving him your best National, International and 1st rounders (ie: grab your ankles, Jimbo is going in dry)

Trading Ray is an easy choice for me Bluto. You can make a big statement that this team belongs to Trevor Harris, get an asset for a player who's likely to walk in the off season and still have a decent backup in Mitchell Gale.

Not if a Grey Cup is your goal.

Harris (Flutie forbid) getting a sprained (insert body part here) in late October scotches that for us... unless a legend wearing #15 comes off the bench.

I don't believe Ray will be able to do anything significant this season anyway.  He's coming back from pretty much the worst injury for a QB other than being decapitated.  I can't think of any QB who's returned from a torn labrum/rotator cuff and been able to play well within a calendar year.  Usually ends careers.  If the Argos get a good offer during this season they'd be crazy not to take it.

I don't believe Ray will be able to do anything significant this season anyway.  He's coming back from pretty much the worst injury for a QB other than being decapitated.  I can't think of any QB who's returned from a torn labrum/rotator cuff and been able to play well within a calendar year.  Usually ends careers.  If the Argos get a good offer during this season they'd be crazy not to take it.

The Argos will have a great situation though when Ray does come  back. They have Ray. We have Brohm. Ugh!