Odds and Sods - Game 6 - BC Lions at Winnipeg Blue Bombers

The dark clouds parted....and the sun shone through....

....perhaps some sort of omen?  Perhaps not......

...as BC drove 95 yds in about 8 minutes, for opening TD...

Bombers started of with the usual dumb penalties.....

Lions returned the favor with 3 in a row, on next series...

Hurry-up O and play action gave the Blue D some early problems...

Willy runs for 30 yards!....then hangs in the pocket, drawing PI call....

...which sets up Veltung's first TD catch....

Harris, as usual...BC workhorse...is there any back more versatile?

Willy converts some more 2nd and longs....with yet, more running...

...finishing up with 70 yds running the ball....

...while making a statement.... to his teammates....

10 - 7 BC at the half....but didn't feel like the Bombers were down....

Blue proceeded to prove it.... outscoring Lions 16-3 in 2nd half....

Willy hits D. Adams with perfect seam throw...

...as Adams beats 2 DB's for for 60 catch and run TD..

...his 4 -125 .... continues his coming out party...

How many officials does it take to make a call, these days?  About 6.

Strange fake punt by Bombers .......on a 3rd and 20....

Still some dumb penalties on S-teams ...

Some erratic directional punting from Lirim, tonight.....

Hall and the D, made some adjustments....Lions had 3 points in 2nd half....

...forcing Lulay into 3 big picks.....

Bass made a ton of plays at OLB...

Hurl came out of the doghouse.... with a pick and a bunch of tackles.....

J. Adams had a great diving pick..... and a huge hit on Harris....

2 monster plays late.... from Demond Washington....

....a knockdown on 2nd down from the Bomber 10 yd line....

...and a game clinching INT, with under 2 minutes to go....

Cam Marshall carried the mail, down the stretch....

...and is making the case for more playing time at RB....

Drew Willy is the leader of this bunch.....

See? the Bombers can win at home...

See? the Bombers can win on a short week...

See? DOD can gin on a long weekend....

Willy The Warrior. He's our qb & I'm glad. In the post game interview with Sara Orlesky he stated how much he loved his teammates, that he plays for them, how proud he is to be a Blue Bomber & how much he appreciated the fans at IGF & the City of Winnipeg for supporting them. You could tell he meant it.

Loved Willy's game ... but I cringed every time he did one of those Buck Pierce headfirst dives at the end of a run.

We gotta get Pete Rose in here to teach Drew how to slide.

Yeah the headfirst dives were scary.

.Willy making a statement.... to his teammates....

I think he's been doing that all along, and they finally got the message.

It's just one game, but I thought the O line looked much better. Neufeld?

got a laugh out of the penalty to BC defence lineman, for having his helmet ripped off by Picard. "allowing opponent to rip helmet off…. ten yard penalty"

and crowd shots once again demonstrated that wpg has the best looking women in the country.

thanks a lot  DOD.

Willy The Warrior. He's our qb & I'm glad. In the post game interview with Sara Orlesky he stated how much he loved his teammates, that he plays for them, how proud he is to be a Blue Bomber & how much he appreciated the fans at IGF & the City of Winnipeg for supporting them. You could tell he meant it.

Loved Willy's game ... but I cringed every time he did one of those Buck Pierce headfirst dives at the end of a run.

While Pete Rose is in town he can teach Hajrullahu how to gamble. 

Drew put the team on his back & won that game with an inspiring performance. Been a long time since we had a qb who could do that. Darvin Adams was awarded the game ball last night & he promptly gave it to  Drew Willy because he felt he was more deserving. 

To be fair every time he dove he was diving for the first down. Love it.

Just a few things I loved about last night:

- Willy played great.  I love the statement he made with that first run on BC.  He basically came out and told them "what hurt knee?".  The guy is a warrior.  And I love run he made where he used the Oline as a shield.  The guy needs to learn how to slide though.  He's a tough guy, but that will only take you so far before someone decides he's going to put a pounding on you for going head first.

- Darvin Adams played a great game.  Made the catches when he needed to and made some big plays.  This boy is a keeper.

- Veltung did a great job last night.  I loved watching him catch that long pass to the right side that most receivers would have missed.

- JFG as usual played well too.  I'd love to see him out there more often.

- Marshall.  What can I say...he smashes through the defense like he was a wrecking ball.  Imagine what he could have done with 10 more touches.

- Defense played well.  Would like to see them stop the run better though.  As well as not letting receivers get wide open.  They are progressing though and they made some nice interceptions, tackling is getting better and they broke up a few plays really well.

- And yes, the crowd pissed off Lulay nicely.

- Still need to work on their red zone scoring.

- Not sure I agreed with O'Shea for taking that penalty, but it ended up working out for them.  But that was more luck in my opinion.

- Still taking stupid penalties as well.  Mostly in the first half.

Bouquets to: Drew Willy, Darvin Adams, Khalil Bass, Pat Neufeld, JFG, Veltung, Sam Hurl (sort of), Richie Hall, Marshall and all the fans who sat through the rain

Bricks to: Dom Picard, Lirim Hajrullahu, and the refs who are doing their best to slow the game down

Its funny how much the Bombers affect my mood. I'm in a really good mood today and I've been super grumpy the last two weeks.

Love Cameron Marshall... Not only can he pound the ball, but he's also fairly quick and shifty. catches and blocks well also. I think he should be our main Back and it appears to be going in that direction

- Still need to work on their red zone scoring.

Picked this one out because I felt it's worth mentioning the Bombers are one of the best teams in the league in the red zone.

I'm talking about TD's.  And also, I'm not saying their bad, I'm saying they could be better.  There were a few missed opportunities last night where they were so close.

Not sure if Willys knee had anything to do with not sliding.

Was just going to post that the head first dives were to keep opponents from landing on his knee. It was intentional. I was screaming at Schultz for being a moron yet again when he was bitching about Willy not hook sliding....

In terms of running the ball. I don't think it should be one guy over the other. I like the split duties, 50/50 seems like it would be a perfect mix for these two guys.

Would just like to say I didn't know marshall could cut like that in small spaces. He made a move on a LB in the 4th that was incredible. I believe it was during his longest run of the night. Just slipped right by him!

Bouquets to: Drew Willy, Darvin Adams, Khalil Bass, Pat Neufeld, JFG, Veltung, Sam Hurl (sort of), Richie Hall, Marshall and all the fans who sat through the rain

Bricks to: Dom Picard, Lirim Hajrullahu, and the refs who are doing their best to slow the game down

Irritated the hell out of me .. especially on one specific special teams play .. Bombers punt team hustles out on the field and really caught BC changing personnel and the refs basically ground that advantage into nothingness .. 

Not sure if Willys knee had anything to do with not sliding.

Was just going to post that the head first dives were to keep opponents from landing on his knee. It was intentional. I was screaming at Schultz for being a moron yet again when he was bitching about Willy not hook sliding....

Yeah but he rarely ever slides.  That, and what if he gets cracked in the head or something worse.  I think he was thinking that the D isn't supposed to hit the QB when you slide, so it's always better to slide.  But life doesn't always work perfectly, and it's true, they may have gone after his knee and sacrificed a penalty.  I'd hope none of them would intentionally do that, but people are stupid and you never know when one of them is going to go full ***** on you.

Cotton hits the hole fast & pounds his legs running hard but at times he just seems to go nowhere. 

Im starting to dislike Cotton. He was like a newcomer on this offense out there considering he is the starting RB.

I would like us to promote Marshall up, move Scott as #2 and sit Cotton for now.