"There is nothing Marve can show in practice this week"

bb1

Care to explain how it's cronyism exactly? using facts instead of made up things? 

I can't think of another reason why Brohm is given such a long leash.

But the cronyism? explain what you mean by that... and how it exactly relates to brohm and the bombers? Cuz i don't see it. 

One question that's been on my mind recently tho... In the off-season, did we fire the wrong coordinator? 

Not saying that ETCH shouldn't have been fired but... should MB have been fired too? 

There were those of us who lobbied long and hard for MB to be replaced in the offseason. 

Guilty as charged......

MB has been...and is....the absolute defination of mediocre....

just got back from practice....  Marve got limited reps, was wearing a knee brace, but I wouldn't say hobbling.  In the second set of reps, he was tossing bullets on the money in stride.  The last set of reps they ran, of course, MB runs 3 running plays with Marve in.

Brohm.... knocked down at the line a couple of times, missed and looked off Adams a couple times when he was wide open looking for Denmark, and under threw several times.  He had one nice toss, on a very slow developing play, that I'm sure wouldn't have been nearly as nice in a game cause he woulda got hit.

You can see the difference immediately when they go from Willy to Brohm... Willy gets it out right away and is on the money, Brohm is so slow to go through his reads, and then tosses muffins.   Brohm had one nice little dump pass where he actually hit Marshall in stride, and after O'Shea was running up giving him five and encouraging him..... 

I don't know!?  I went to go see what it is the coaching staff sees in Brohm, in practice, and it doesn't make a damn bit of sense why he's #2.   Willy left with 5 minutes left to go in practice, but I'm sure that's just mind games... he looked alright.

Moore didn't participate in drills, nor did Turner.  Lirim only punted, no FG's.

Care to explain how it's cronyism exactly? using facts instead of made up things? 

for what it's worth

Robert marve now getting reps for bombers so he looks healthy enough to play if necessary

Man our media....

Robert Marve is hobbling a bit but is throwing darts in his limited reps. #Bombers

Guess he is hurt a bit... there goes those conspiracy theories.

It would be in the best interest of all parties if O'Shea would pro-actively address this **** storm and clarify Marve's status in his pressers instead of letting rumours rule the day.

for what it's worth

Robert marve now getting reps for bombers so he looks healthy enough to play if necessary

Man our media....

Robert Marve is hobbling a bit but is throwing darts in his limited reps. #Bombers

Guess he is hurt a bit... there goes those conspiracy theories.

It would be in the best interest of all parties if O'Shea would pro-actively address this **** storm and clarify Marve's status in his pressers instead of letting rumours rule the day.

I'm afraid it's way to late for O'Shea to proactively address it.

just got back from practice....  Marve got limited reps, was wearing a knee brace, but I wouldn't say hobbling.  In the second set of reps, he was tossing bullets on the money in stride.  The last set of reps they ran, of course, MB runs 3 running plays with Marve in.

Marve always wears a knee brace.

Brohm is so slow to go through his reads, and then tosses muffins.

I thought Saturday's first interception was a fantastic looking tight spiral with plenty of zip on it.

Marve always wears a knee brace.

Brohm is so slow to go through his reads, and then tosses muffins.

I thought Saturday's first interception was a fantastic looking tight spiral with plenty of zip on it.

Sadly Brohm's interceptions were probably his two best thrown balls. Most of his other throws were so off base not only could the recievers not catch them, the defense couldn't either.

So basically not a direct quote and essentially all he's really saying is that Marve isn't healthy enough right now to get enough work in on a short week for him to start.

Much ado about nothing.

Exactly.. How people can misconstrue that line to imply marve is pigeon holed and destined to rot is laughable..

But the cronyism? explain what you mean by that... and how it exactly relates to brohm and the bombers? Cuz i don't see it.

Cuz it's a catchy buzzword that someone else made up. It has no relevance to this situation of course but hey, it sounds cool!

So basically not a direct quote and essentially all he's really saying is that Marve isn't healthy enough right now to get enough work in on a short week for him to start.

Much ado about nothing.

Exactly.. How people can misconstrue that line to imply marve is pigeon holed and destined to rot is laughable..
What's laughable is you always taking a personal affront to any critical comment about the state of the Blue Bombers.The reporter stated it as a direct quote so that's how it is. You don't agree fine leave it at that.

But O’Shea continues to insist Marve is hurt — the club has kept the origin and nature of Marve’s injury murky, even while continuing to dress him for games — and O’Shea says there is nothing Marve could show in practice this week to earn the starting job ahead of Brohm if Willy cannot go.

"Robert Marve hasn’t been able to take reps for the last two weeks," said O’Shea.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/Willy-is-either-made-of-metal-or-hes-tougher-than-a-2-steak-318743551.html

In this case, it's Wiececk's verbage and not a quote from O'Shea himself.
Did you miss where he says Oshea said this?Man do you need to be there to believe? Are the reporters twisting and lying now to make Oshea look bad?

But O’Shea continues to insist Marve is hurt — the club has kept the origin and nature of Marve’s injury murky, even while continuing to dress him for games — and O’Shea says there is nothing Marve could show in practice this week to earn the starting job ahead of Brohm if Willy cannot go.

"Robert Marve hasn’t been able to take reps for the last two weeks," said O’Shea.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/bombers/Willy-is-either-made-of-metal-or-hes-tougher-than-a-2-steak-318743551.html

Did you miss where he says Oshea said this?Man do you need to be there to believe? Are the reporters twisting and lying now to make Oshea look bad?

It's Wiecek's interpretation/summation of what O'Shea actually said, which was that Marve hasn't been able to take reps for 2 weeks.

Cuz it's a catchy buzzword that someone else made up. It has no relevance to this situation of course but hey, it sounds cool!

I get the impression that Brohm gets along with Bellefeuille and co., and that they don't want to throw him under the bus. There is no other explanation for him being given such a long leash.

It's Wiecek's interpretation/summation of what O'Shea actually said, which was that Marve hasn't been able to take reps for 2 weeks.

O'Shea said this on the coach's show last night too.

Much ado about nothing.

What's laughable is you always taking a personal affront to any critical comment about the state of the Blue Bombers.The reporter stated it as a direct quote so that's how it is. You don't agree fine leave it at that.

I listened to O'Shea said it and I was very disappointed Marve has been in the system 1 year plus 5 games soon to be 6 so he should know the system well enough to run the offence.

O'Shea and Marcel B. are S T U B O R N L Y refusing to play Marve because Brohm is "their guy" ... At the same time a team that has a record of 4-14 in their last 18 games doesn't have many more losses to go

before this will become a circus like year Burke coached, the one common thing is Marcel B. as the OC liking QBs that have no talent for the CFL ... Brohm and Boltis come to mind...

O'Shea said this on the coach's show last night too.

Thanks.