"There is nothing Marve can show in practice this week"

bb1

Only on Morning Big Blue can ya go from which backup should play to super Dave Osborne!

it's almost the same subject.  for instance, Marve is super…. Brohm was seen driving on Osborne….  Dave Donaldson, former bomber, I could go on

Wayne and Shuster was great but nothing was better on Canadian TV in the early 80's than Bizarre!

John Byner was hilarious.   And it would never be shown on TV nowadays

Yeah, I have seen a few of the old Bizarre shows on DVD that friends have, wow that show is politically incorrect.  Tons of racist jokes, total homophobia, just nuts.  John Byner would be arrested if he tried to do a show like that on TV now.

Its that the coaching staff appears to have both anointed and sustained Brohm as the #2...despite him accomplishing next to nothing, as a Bomber......that has some of our teeth on edge.   Not some pseudo conspiracy....

Maybe the rational posters to a degree yes.. But there is ample reasons listed as to why this is..

I'll reinerate again tho..

-marve hurt

-brohm is more experienced

-brohm is more of a pocket passer

These are the 3 that stand out to me as why brohm is ahead of marve at this point..

- when Marve was not hurt....Marve was outperforming Brohm.

Once again, I'm going to ask the question, when?  When has Marve outperformed Brohm?  In practice?  In preseason?  It's comments like this that make me want to lose it on people.  Practice and preseason mean almost nothing.

Again, I'm not saying Brohm doesn't suck, or that I don't want Marve to play.  I want Marve to play, and I hope he succeeds.  But we haven't seen anything from him to say he is better then Brohm yet.

The rest of your comments I agree with.

Last season?

BROHM, B 2014 WPG 39 70 55.7 454 54 0 0 1 1.43

MARVE, R 2014 WPG 11 22 50 140 42 1 4.6 0   85.4

So you're telling me that you can tell by these stats, that Marve outperformed Brohm last season?  Really?  Looks pretty similar to me, other then Marve running a lot more then Brohm.  With this little amount of playing time behind Marve, we can't really judge if he's better then Brohm.  Again, I hope he is if he ever gets to play because I'm tired of watching Brohm.  But you have no proof yet.  Every time I hear people say "WE NEED TO START MARVE, HE'S BETTER THEN BROHM", all I keep hear is the past few years bouncing back..."we need to play Brink, he's better then Buck", "we need to play Elliott, he's better then Brink", "we need to play Goltz, he's better then Buck/Elliott", etc...  And when they got to play what did we hear from the same people who were screaming and yelling to have them play?  "Get rid of Brink/Elliott/Goltz...he sucks!".

And that's why we need to bring back Casey Bramlet!

That's the one I couldn't remember! Great call lol

All these pages and nobody's mentioned their favorite wrestler, but super Dave and Wayne & Shuster get some love.

rowdy-roddy-piper-i-change-the-questions

And we lose another one.  RIP Roddy.... :mellow:

Went to the same high school as he did.  I believe this was the picture my history teacher had on the wall in his class.  His claim to fame was that he taught him.  RIP.

How do these other teams find a QB, there is Three new ones this year, the latest is Sask QB Smith.

I know they lost but he looked like he has potential.

We "found" Marve. We didn't bother bringing in anyone really this season as our depth chart was essentially set. The guys the riders brought in are horrid. edmontons finds have been looking pretty decent, not going to lie. Ditto Harris in Toronto.

How do these other teams find a QB, there is Three new ones this year, the latest is Sask QB Smith.

We "found" Marve. We didn't bother bringing in anyone really this season as our depth chart was essentially set. The guys the riders brought in are horrid. edmontons finds have been looking pretty decent, not going to lie. Ditto Harris in Toronto.

Trevor Harris has been with Argos since 2012

You know that's kinda funny because on the Rider Forum it's 50-50 on Smith.Some are calling him a wash some saying they see something in him. Reminds me of all the years we debated Elliot ,Brink et AL. But the similarities when it comes to seeing the potential or not in a young Qb seems to be exactly the same with all fans.

Why was the depth chart set? Why couldn't we have brought in guys better than we had? I swear I don't get the logic sometimes.

That's what I thought/posted, ….. "makes quick decisions, good arm, accurate passes, mobile."

Juranboldenrules said:

Disagree with those three.  He really has to step into his throws to get anything on them, and good luck having room to do that consistently.  Compare his throws to Willy's last night, Willy made a bunch of tough, tough throws with Picard in his lap.  Smith needs to take two steps to have any hope of making those throws.  His throwing motion doesn't help, big wind-up and tends to sail throws.  Can't say I've seen one quick decision from Smith, he's running around like a headless chicken for the most part.

lol 

no doubt he's right.

Smith looked awful. A windup and steps needed just to make a long or hard throw. Struggling with reads and pocket presence. Very poor accuracy.

Maybe he winds up becoming a good player, but he wasn't yesterday. I think Bomber fans tend to like other teams' young QBs simply because they're not on our team. For some the grass is greener always on the other side. I'm not even a big Marve fan but I would take him over Smith right now.

I don't think Smith was anything special, but he's better than Sunseri by a long shot.  He can run and beat the rush some of the time with his legs, but his accuracy was poor and accuracy is the #1 thing that a QB needs to be successful. 

I don't think Smith was anything special, but he's better than Sunseri by a long shot.  He can run and beat the rush some of the time with his legs, but his accuracy was poor and accuracy is the #1 thing that a QB needs to be successful. 

And Smith is no worse than Brohm at this point. He may never get any better but we already know what Brohm can do, and it ain't pretty.