Odds and Sods - Game 4 - Winnipeg Blue Bombers at Calgary Stampeders

The perfect storm. I was unable to see the game because of an anniversary but seeing it this morning really did not upset me. Stoudermire had two brain farts but he's still our best bet. When you think we took them to the last minute we did well. We found out we had a good third receiver and Richards seems strong. The things that cost us the game we probably won't have happen again. Another real positive, we came out healthy I think.

Ihope Stoudemire gets one more shot at returning kicks- he has too much talent to give up on too soon. That said, he ought not to have too many more brain cramps. His status will give us a good idea how rigid O'Shea is in his thinking and whether he is willling to live or die with favourites. The next couple of games are going to be critical.

This team is 2-2 and has improved in some areas.   The overall effort and intensity is good.......

But the Bombers just have to be sharper at the mental aspect, as a team...period.   Completely falling apart against Hamilton, when Willy went down.....and blowing the winnable game against the Stamps, with a myriad of mistakes....might suggest we have some ways to go.   The game against the Esks, is going to tell us quite a bit, about where we really are......

So true do....so true.....Edm. will give us some insight on how this season is going to go...I have never bought losing in any form...not in me..Some comments about our 2 previous loses...saying  oh well we got beat by Ham. who was a contender  (blown out) and we lost by an inch against the stumps. is somehow okay....Sorry.. I ain't buying and this team better show me something against a second string qb. in northern Alta.

Well our kicker and kick returner were supposed to be strengths, going into this game.....

One thing I noticed... Lirim was making 60 yard kicks easy in warmup - four or five consecutively.  Not an excuse but the wind was all over the place that game.