2017-2018 Starting Lineup

Ducky

10 hours ago, Goalie said:

I wouldn't expect many free agent signings 

I certainly expect one or two.  We need a top 9 forward and preferably a top 4 d-man but I know that one is unlikely.  Even after signing Scheifele and Trouba we will still have some cap room to sign a free agent or two.

If we can get Hamonic here then we're doing alright.

Ehlers will be better.  Kyle Connor likely to start.  Sure he's a rookie and all but I'd expect him to develop like Ehlers.

I'd suspect Stafford switches back to LW and Dano goes to RW.  Might pencil Armia in at 2RW.  Im not sure Im comfortable with that.  If there is a way to get Drouin, I'd be happy.

Drouin & Hamonic as additions plus Connor would make me pretty excited about next season.  And if whomever we draft high this year can start (Not sure who outside of Matthews is going to start right away), that's a bonus too.

If we got Matthews, it might result in a chain reaction.  Scheif goes to 1C between Ehlers and Wheeler.  And the second line might be Stafford - Matthews - Little.  leaving a third line of Connor-Lowry-Armia.  And then Thorburn - Copp - Dano(Burmi).  Tough to say how that would all shake down.

5 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

If we can get Hamonic here then we're doing alright.

Ehlers will be better.  Kyle Connor likely to start.  Sure he's a rookie and all but I'd expect him to develop like Ehlers.

I'd suspect Stafford switches back to LW and Dano goes to RW.  Might pencil Armia in at 2RW.  Im not sure Im comfortable with that.  If there is a way to get Drouin, I'd be happy.

Drouin & Hamonic as additions plus Connor would make me pretty excited about next season.  And if whomever we draft high this year can start (Not sure who outside of Matthews is going to start right away), that's a bonus too.

If we got Matthews, it might result in a chain reaction.  Scheif goes to 1C between Ehlers and Wheeler.  And the second line might be Stafford - Matthews - Little.  leaving a third line of Connor-Lowry-Armia.  And then Thorburn - Copp - Dano(Burmi).  Tough to say how that would all shake down.

Has Stafford ever played LW?  I can't recall seeing him there.  Little at RW?

You're trading Perrault?

Just don't see any combo other than ESW then Perrault-Little-Armia to start the season...  bottom six talent level will be considerably higher, think we make the playoffs next year - Lemieux in lineup for sure too

4 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Has Stafford ever played LW?  I can't recall seeing him there.  Little at RW?

You're trading Perrault?

Just don't see any combo other than ESW then Perrault-Little-Armia to start the season...  bottom six talent level will be considerably higher, think we make the playoffs next year - Lemieux in lineup for sure too

I forgot about Perreault.  Geez.....

Little had his best offensive season at RW and they toyed with the idea of him playing there at the start of this season when they had dreams of Lowry as 1C.  Little prefer to play C though.

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Lots can and will happen between now and next season. Who knows what happens really. Just a crap shoot but, all these free agents people are talking about... let it go, it isn't happening, Jets will play the kids. 

And I think thats the best way forward.  Even trying to predict a line up for next season, I forgot Perrault.  So there will be options.  In fact, Perreault needs to be re-signed in my opinion.  I'd trade Stafford this summer if they want the money for Perreault, though I think theyd keep Stafford...

9 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Lots can and will happen between now and next season. Who knows what happens really. Just a crap shoot but, all these free agents people are talking about... let it go, it isn't happening, Jets will play the kids. 

At the top of the page you talk about trading for Drouin or getting Enstrom to waive his NMC...  but signing a free agent is crazy talk, ha

If Chevy gets a handle on Trouba and Schiefele's contracts, I think we will see one decent FA signing...

I think it's more likely they trade for a young player like Drouin than sign a veteran to a 1 year deal. 

I also think trading for Hamonic is more likely than signing a veteran player to a 1 year deal. 

Did you watch Chevys press conference on feb 29th? It's on the Jets site. Maybe you should, cuz basically, i'm just repeating what he has in regards to free agent signings. 

He also talked about how he was trying to make some hockey deals this trade deadline... Trades are much more likely for this team than signing free agents to 1 year deals. It just is what it is really. 

Edited by Goalie

Yup, Chevy is giving the kids the chance to see what they have. It is the most open I have ever seen Chevy with the press. Expect it next year too. They know they aren't contenders and by spending the least amount of any team they knew they weren't getting far this year Think of this team with a LHD worth 5m and another top 6 winger worth 4-5 and another 3m for bottom 6 help....they probably would have made the playoffs but how far and for how long. I like the Jets' long-term plan.

Maurice talking about Armia today says nothing at all wrong with taking a year or two longer than some players and that he is okay with giving him ice time because he is so sound defensively. Totally different player than TC last fall. He sees him playing significant minutes as he develops and who he plays with will have a great bearing on him. Chevy mentioned in his presser that you need to play an offensive player with offensive people to get them to develop properly. Maurice speaks about bringing the puck across his body that few people can do and his calmness with the  puck. They were looking for him to improve with his quickness and play away from the puck and he says he is developing nicely there. The intelligence and the hands are there he says.

He also mentions that they are taking less penalties over the last 10 games.

He talks about the players, like Pavelec, have extra initiative to play harder once named to the World Cup team.

Ehlers and Scheif and Trouba should be named to World Cup teams as will Buff and Wheeler you would think. Dano maybe? Helle? Enstrom?

No. Enstrom won't be. He had a falling out with Swedish hockey back in 2008 and hasn't played for them since. Some speculate on the reasons for that.. I'm not gonna go in to that stuff but let's just say that there is probably some truth to what those people are saying. 

Pavelec won't even play a game for the Czech team. He's the third goalie and that's only cuz theres basically 3 czech goalies in the NHL and this is pretty much an NHL only tournament it seems 

Edited by Goalie

I'm definitely going to be watching the World Cup.....what else is there to watch at that time of the year? Here are my early picks for final standings...

Team Canada 1st

Team USA 2nd

Team North America (U23) 3rd

Team Sweden 4th

Team Russia 5th

Team Finland 6th

Team Czech Republic 7th

Team Europe 8th

Little moving to the wing next year may the natural progression. He's been a #1 centre so long, but often out of necessity.

I love the guy, don't get me wrong. But he's not overly physical, just okay in the faceoff circle and does have some exp on the wing.

Scheifele, Lowry and Copp will all be C here for a long, long time. If we grab Matthews *crosses fingers*, we're set down the middle for years...

With Wheeler, Armia, Staf, Dano and possibly Ehlers, we have enough RWers and no need to put Little on the wing....if we are lucky enough to get Matthews...

Ehlers- Scheif- Wheeler

Perreault/Connor- Matthews- Armia

Connor/Perreault -Little- Staf

Lowry- Copp -Dano

Where do I put Lemieux?

press box-------> Burmi Thorbs

11 minutes ago, Goalie said:

What do you expect copp to do playing 7 minutes a Night exactly.  Points aren't the only thing that matters for players.

Copp is our best face off guy and he is very very good defensively. 

Lowry and Scheif have way more face-offs than Copp... hard to say he's the best when he's not going against the opposition's best.

He has comparable FO numbers to Burmi...  time to give Copp a chance to show what he can do, what is the harm of playing him between Perrault and Stafford...