Does Burke Last the Year?

Rick Campbell has redeemed himself in Calgary. He wasn't a well thought of defensive coordinator with the Eskimos. Impressions in Edmonton where he was Danny Macciocia's DC in the mid 2000's & especially after that last play Stegall long  bomb  touchdown we all remember was that he was Hugh Campbell's kid. That he was entitled in the fact that his last name got him the job & not his ability. He was fired in Edmonton, came to Calgary, took a demotion & was the Stamps running back coach. Then later, a ST coach & now finally he's back as a DC & really doing a very good job for the Stampeders. Campbell dealt with adversity, took his lumps, swallowed his pride, worked hard & is now a better coach for it than he was before. Gotta give the man credit...

Rick Campbell has redeemed himself in Calgary. He wasn't a well thought of defensive coordinator with the Eskimos. Impressions in Edmonton where he was Danny Macciocia's DC in the mid 2000's & especially after that last play Stegall long  bomb  touchdown we all remember was that he was Hugh Campbell's kid. That he was entitled in the fact that his last name got him the job & not his ability. He was fired in Edmonton, came to Calgary, took a demotion & was the Stamps running back coach. Then later, a ST coach & now finally he's back as a DC & really doing a very good job for the Stampeders. Campbell dealt with adversity, took his lumps, swallowed his pride, worked hard & is now a better coach for it than he was before. Gotta give the man credit...

Oh yes, he's the guy who called cover 0 on that play. 

To me, that you've described is exactly what should happen. Unfortunately it didn't happen with Casey Creehan.

Yeah, that last play to Milt was a **** show for Campbell, no doubt. It sure impacted his career, that's for sure. Like I said, Campbell took his lumps & worked hard to get back to where he is now. Probably to the point that some think he could be a HC in the CFL someday. As far as Creehan goes, I think you're saying you'd wish he call cover zero so he'd get fired.  Don't think that'll happen until season's end, unfortunately.

Anyone that's friends with Kelly, I want no part of, and it makes sense why he'd bounce around (people don't like him...)

Yeah, that's a bit of a stretch dude. Can't due the guilt by association thing. 

I'm just saying there seems to be more proof to back it up...with the bouncing around from org to org......maybe he's an ******* personality, as with Kelly, and nobody likes him?? I'm not saying "for sure!!"....just "maybe?" ....

Greg Marshall was part of the "Eskimo Way" wave in the off-season.  Being on 1 or at most 2 year deals, assistant coaches are easy scapegoats and somewhat interchangeable.

Yup Mark Nelson would be fine by me.

I have no idea his personality but during the Kelly sh!tshow, Nelson seemed pretty "under the radar" and professional.

In one instance the reason he was under the radar though was Kelly took all the heat for him. It seems like a lot of people blame Kelly for the Barrin Simpson problem when it was Nelson that Simpson was upset with, not Kelly. 

As I recall that was Kelly. I don't remember the circumstances but it was messy.

It was Nelson's decision to limit Simpson's playing time that lead to Simpson asking to be traded. At one point Simpson said his beef was with Nelson and he knew Kelly was supporting his DC like any coach would. The blame for the other crap that blew up from that (Simpson's alleged bad-mouthing the team, the banning from the facilities) could be spread to a few people including Kelly.

Didn't Doug brown demand Simpson be banned from team functions or something?

Don't remember that. Anyone?

From Bender at the Sun back in Dec 2009:

Simpson, 31, still practised with the team for a while but he became a distraction and his teammates asked for him to be banned from the locker-room for saying derogatory remarks. It was reported that a veteran teammate allegedly demanded that Simpson be banned before they came to blows.