[MERGED] BOMBERS ADD POSEY AND DAVIS TO PRACTICE ROSTER

I'd be willing to trade Brohm for a defensive starter or for a 1st round pick which gives us more options come drafting time. If the news is true we are already signing another quarterback to the PR so they obviously know that one of our QB's are not going to make it

That's nothing. Why would you want to give a team their potential starting QB for the rest of the season for such a low price? If we're going to give away our QB depth, it better be for a kings ransom. 2 first round picks or a first and two seconds. That's the starting point and it only goes up from there.

Just had a lengthy chat with Wade Miller.

I assume that you must have caught him in the buffet line. :)
Nope, I got to the game early and while he was walking around on the field to his private box he noticed my Bomber jersey and came over to say hi. We chatted for a while. He's really good with the fans.

An acquaintance of mine is wondering if you could use your new found friendship with Wade Miller to inquire as to whether the hot chocolate will be the just right temperature this year. He would do so himself, but it seems his e-mails are now being regarded as spam by the Bombers front office. He would also like to make several roster and coaching recommendations, if you would be so kind to pass them on.

The Bombers bring QBs, RBs, etc onto the practise roster for a look-see all the time.

Yea. A few years ago they developed this thing called the Practice Roster just for that purpose. Last year they increased the number of players you can place on it. A QB or two seems like a pretty good idea for this newfangled practice roster thingy.

WINNIPEG, MB –  The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has added international quarterback Dominique Davis, and international defensive back Julian Posey to the practice roster.

Davis  (6-3, 210, East Carolina, July 17, 1989, in Lakeland, Florida) was most recently with Calgary through their 2015 training camp. Davis signed with Atlanta as an undrafted free agent in 2012, appearing in one game the following year. After short offseason stints with both Tennessee and Indianapolis, Davis signed with the Stamps in February of 2015. He completed727 or 1,103 passes for 7,192 yards and 62 touchdowns over two seasons at East Carolina. Davis also carried the ball 172 times for 313 yards and 14 scores during that time.

Posey  (5-11, 190, Ohio, July 17, 1988, in San Francisco, California) spent the second half of the 2014 season on the Hamilton Tiger-Cats practice roster, following stints with the NFL’s Cleveland Browns, Miami Dolphins, Minnesota Vikings and New York Jets. The Ohio University alum registered 143 tackles and four interceptions in four seasons with the Bobcats.

The club announces the release of international quarterback Josh Portis. The club has also released international defensive back Don Unamba, international receiver Toney Clemons, national defensive lineman Ettore Lattanzio from the practice roster.

Glad we cut ties with Portis. After a few years in the CFL he obviously didn't have the right stuff. Liked Davis in the limited sample size, certainly puts pressure on Marve to either re-up or be pushed out. Lattanzio was no real surprise, and Unamba only semi surprises me. He didn't have a real strong showing in camp. Thought they might give him a chance based on last year, but I'm kinda glad we have found better.

With Clemons being released, it's becoming a concern that the scouting team really can't scout CFL calibre WRs.

Agreed. I'm willing to give Veltung more time at receiver before passing judgement but he seems to be more suited to a DI role at PR/KR. This could make two years of swings and misses at receiver recruitment. That's not good.

With Clemons being released, it's becoming a concern that the scouting team really can't scout CFL calibre WRs.

Agreed. I'm willing to give Veltung more time at receiver before passing judgement but he seems to be more suited to a DI role at PR/KR. This will make two years of swings and misses at receiver recruitment. That's not good.

Jhomo Gordon says hello - he's an incredibly impressive prospect for his age.

Have they already worked out Davis?  How can they know if he's any better than Portis?

Disappointed they cut Unamba, thought he looked really good playing LB with Sears the last two games of 2014.

They don't necessarily need to know for certain that Davis is better than Portis. Sometimes you just need to know that Portis is definitely not good enough. Therefore, you pick up a guy that showed really well for another team in pre-season and see what he's got. If he's not good enough you keep moving on to the next guy.

Agreed. I'm willing to give Veltung more time at receiver before passing judgement but he seems to be more suited to a DI role at PR/KR. This will make two years of swings and misses at receiver recruitment. That's not good.

Jhomo Gordon says hello - he's an incredibly impressive prospect for his age.

So was Terrence Jeffers Harris. I'm not saying it's a definitive miss for this year, just saying it could be. I like Gordon's upside, but he is no shoe-in for recruitment success yet.

I think they did alright, Veltung impressed me last game with his shifty moves and Gordon seems like a good long term prospect.  Still don't understand why they cut Tuinei as they don't have a big bodied receiver as far as I can tell.

Glad we cut ties with Portis. After a few years in the CFL he obviously didn't have the right stuff. Liked Davis in the limited sample size, certainly puts pressure on Marve to either re-up or be pushed out. Lattanzio was no real surprise, and Unamba only semi surprises me. He didn't have a real strong showing in camp. Thought they might give him a chance based on last year, but I'm kinda glad we have found better.

May be Portis said "no thanks" to PR.

Why is Portis getting cut is a surprise and why would people be unsure that the club didn't do there homework?

He was the 4th stringer and didn't beat anyone out for the job. No big loss. Also why would Montreal want to sign a 4th stringer to be there saviour?