air india bombing

Mark F

I saw that today was the thirtieth year since the bombing of this airplane.

Years ago my neighbours, house right across the street, were a family of four, husband and wife from India, and their

two very bright lively Canadian born kids. The little girl was my daughter's friend.

They were all on that plane.

It still bothers me.

I can only imagine how this makes you feel then....

http://blogs.vancouversun.com/2015/06/23/families-still-suffering-30-years-after-deadly-air-india-bombing/

Actually having the guy's face plastered on the side of their temple as a "martyr"?  I don't know the entire story but that would be brutal for the friends and families of the victims.

Wait.  Am I to understand there is a giant portrait of a terrorist on a building in BC?

Im very much for religious freedom.  That goes too far. 

Read an interview with the Winnipeg ISIS supporter this morning.  Just face palm worthy nonsense.  People that support a culture or regime that would kill them in one second if they expressed the same sorts of opinions about them as they do about western government. 

This is why I hate living in Canada sometimes.  Where they let immigrants walk all over and **** on our country and we do nothing about it.  I have no problems with people migrating to this country.  As far as I'm concerned, come on down.  But don't come here and walk all over us and put up and worship pictures of terrorists or other crap like that.  And learn some damn English while you're at it!

That picture is a disgrace and an insult to the people who have died.  It should be ripped down.

Would it not fall under any sort of hate speech legislation?  Im pretty sure no one would get away with posting a giant portrait of, say Hitler, (not comparing them, just making a point)...I love Canada and Im even okay with us erring on the side of allowing too much but some things just dont pass the common sense sniff test in an enlightened society.

Look at the US...where the state government endorsed a symbol of racism and war until the shooting in Charlston and now suddenly its common sense to remove it.  No kidding.

Years ago I had a conversation with an immigrant, seemed like nice guy, hard working etc…

He mentioned that he was having a dispute with somebody…. and said if he didn't get his way, he'd have the guy's legs broken…. the way they did it where he came from. He was serious.

Things have changed re immigration.   when my paternal grandfather and grandmother immigrated from Eastern Europe, the last thing they wanted was to cling to what they left behind… including the language, the customs, the old grievances.

Wait.  Am I to understand there is a giant portrait of a terrorist on a building in BC?

Read an interview with the Winnipeg ISIS supporter this morning.  Just face palm worthy nonsense.  People that support a culture or regime that would kill them in one second if they expressed the same sorts of opinions about them as they do about western government. 

The more worrisome aspect of that story is how this guy was basically apprehended off the street and convicted for stating his opinion.  Might sound okay if you don't agree with his opinion but consider that some day you could be apprehended and charged for stating an equally unpopular opinion.

The more worrisome aspect of that story is how this guy was basically apprehended off the street and convicted for stating his opinion.  Might sound okay if you don't agree with his opinion but consider that some day you could be apprehended and charged for stating an equally unpopular opinion.

I have zero concern that I will ever have an opinion that would be so "unpopular" that I'd have to worry about being apprehended.  There's violating rights and then there's idiots that should do everyone a favour and move to Syria if they love it there so much (and have their citizenship revoked).  He might be mentally ill and if so, needs help.  But I have no issue with him being investigated and kept on a short leash.  If someone publicly says the murder of Canadians was deserved and publicly supports those that did it, thats someone who shouldnt have the same freedoms as you and me.

And I say that as someone that generally believes everyone should be able to do what they want as long as it doesnt hurt anyone.  This guy is a clown.  No sympathy.