2015 NHL Free Agency

Rich

So Jussi and Connor Hellebuyck for the Moose this season then?

Interesting that Jussi no longer has an NHL deal. I think unless they sign another goalie that pretty much means Helle is planned to stick with the moose all season

Wait...Comrie is eligible to play for the moose, no?

I think at his age its either Jets or TriCity. He has gone down to the AHL after his WHL season has ended,

He turns 20 in a couple days so if they want to send him down to AHL they can do it.

@FriedgeHNIC: Not only is BOS closing in on Matt Beleskey, but also hearing Bruins are working on a deal with FLA for Jimmy Hayes.

Will Boston be the team to overpay Beleskey?

If they do sign him, hope it is a reasonable contract.  They've already made enough blunders this off season.

@SpectorsHockey: #Canucks ship Kassian to #Habs for Prust. #Bruins trade Smith + Savard's rights to Florida for Hayes .http://t.co/fOVsIFcWrg

Another cap circumvention with savaged going to Florida

Maripier Morin is going to be crying today. It was always one of her worst fears that Prust, her fiancé, would get traded out of Montreal. Yes, I watched Hockey Wives. And I loved it!

@DarrenDreger: 5 yrs, $19 mil total for Beleskey in Boston. Aav of $3.8 mil. No move clause in first two years.

Reasonable deal for Beleskey.

Depends how he plays. Lots of term for him. Nearly four million....and a no trade? Overpay

Yeah, I thought someone was going to give him a higher AAV.  It isn't a crippling amount cap wise though, especially in the later years of that deal.

Given his season best of 32 points, I'm glad he didn't sign with the Jets.

Arizona sign Vermette for 2 years $3.75M AAV.

Not a bad deal for Arizona, trade him since yo aren't in the playoffs, get a 1st round draft pick, then sign Vermette back for next season.

Just like Frolik wanted to go elsewhere the same can be said for Hamilton. He wanted 7.5 x 8 from Boston. They wouldn't do it cuz they couldn't. He took a lesser deal with Calgary. Fro didn't wanna be here either. Lol at the no depth statement tho.

So Bruins can't afford Hamilton who would have been a $6-6.5 cap hit but then sign Beleskey for 4 per year...  bizarre.

Bit surprised Chevy let O'Dell go...  almost no depth now.

Are you serious with this statement?

Serious in the sense that Slater, Frolik and ODell were our 'depth' guys last year - all of them filled in when injuries hit

I could have said no 'proven' depth...  ODell was borderline but he could play.  After ODell not many call-up options last year.

Armia, Copp, Ehlers, Lipon...  lot of question marks - be surprised if Chevy doesn't pick up one or two more, maybe even sign Slater to a 1 year

So Bruins can't afford Hamilton who would have been a $6-6.5 cap hit but then sign Beleskey for 4 per year...  bizarre.

Serious in the sense that Slater, Frolik and ODell were our 'depth' guys last year - all of them filled in when injuries hit

I could have said no 'proven' depth...  ODell was borderline but he could play.  After ODell not many call-up options last year.

Armia, Copp, Ehlers, Lipon...  lot of question marks - be surprised if Chevy doesn't pick up one or two more, maybe even sign Slater to a 1 year

O'Dell only managed 11 games with us last year and 30 the year before.  Wouldn't really call that proven either and his NHL games with us was going down not up.  It was pretty obvious he wasn't going to get much more of a chance here to play in the NHL.

O'Dell signed a one year 2-way deal with Ottawa, his home town. To me that means they pretty much see him as a fringe NHLer at best, with maybe the feel good story of getting a home town boy into the lineup.

O'Dell only managed 11 games with us last year and 30 the year before.  Wouldn't really call that proven either and his NHL games with us was going down not up.  It was pretty obvious he wasn't going to get much more of a chance here to play in the NHL.

O'Dell signed a one year 2-way deal with Ottawa, his home team. To me that means they pretty much see him as a fringe NHLer at best, with maybe the feel good story of getting a home town boy into the lineup.

ODell was injured for a good chunk of last year.

Not saying that ODell is the key to a Stanley Cup win...  just saying that Chevy is going all in with his 'draft develop' model

Right now, I'd take ODell over Burmistrov... maybe he'll prove me wrong.

O'Dell signed a one year 2-way deal with Ottawa, his home team. To me that means they pretty much see him as a fringe NHLer at best, with maybe the feel good story of getting a home town boy into the lineup.

ODell was injured for a good chunk of last year.

Not saying that ODell is the key to a Stanley Cup win...  just saying that Chevy is going all in with his 'draft develop' model

Right now, I'd take ODell over Burmistrov... maybe he'll prove me wrong.

I'd take Burmi over O'Dell every day of the week and twice on Sundays.  Not even a contest.

O'Dell is not a loss.  He is a free agent AHLer who signed with his home town team.

25 years old and a grand total of 41 NHL games played.

Every free agent frenzy some fans get worked up because this guy got let go or this guy did too. Better get used to losing bottom 6 guys and fringe players cuz our prospect cupboard is stacked and gonna have to make room for them. Those Atlanta drafted prospects are almost all gone now. O'Dell was one of them had his chances and never took advantage. I liked him but he's a fringe nhl player. That's all. Pretty much career ahl guy.