2015 NHL Draft And Trade Rumours

Rich

Flyers Want to Get to #3newicon.gif

you can officially add them. I was just told two solid prospects (One forward, one D-man) plus #7 in play.
Source: Eklund

Consider the source but if there is any truth, then the #3 price is rising.  How high will Jets go?  Lawless seems to think the Jets two first rounders plus Burmi is high enough.

gary lawless         @garylawless

talk #nhljets are in play to move up to No. 3.Guess is they would take D Noah Hanafin which gives them security if they can't re-sign Buff

****I like the Buff connection.  Is this something the Jets want so they can move on from Buff?  Perhaps they can sweeten the offer knowing they can then flip Buff for assets and have more money to maybe circle back around on Stafford/Frolik.

#17, #25 and Buff for #3?

Way too much.
That's what you call a rapin' right there...hell, any 2 of those 3 is too much....
Just the picks from us would be a rapin' going the other way. It would never be enough.

I wouldn't like to see both picks and Byfuglien go for #3, but it is probably the asking price for the deal to happen. If we gave up just the picks it would be a huge steal for us. Byfuglien and one pick, we still win the trade. Maybe Buff, Burmi and one pick? But if Buff goes, then pretty much a lock that we take Hanafin as we'd need a defensive replacement.

I would love to see a play for Strome, maybe offer both picks (and Burmi?) for Carolina's #5, but Strome may go to the Leafs at #4. I also hear rumblings that Ivan Provorov may be the best d-man in the draft as a sleeper pick.

We shall see.