Friday's Preseason Game - Tickets?

So I was at the Japan/Ecuador World Cup game Tuesday at IGF, and being in the stadium made want to watch Bomber football!

I don't have season tickets this year, and so had no thoughts about going to Friday's game (even when I had season tickets, I often skipped the exhibition game). But a buddy in from out of town asked if I wanted to go, and now I want to. But I'm poor and don't want to pay full price for an exhibition game ticket.

Anyone out there have any extras? Or discounts? I usually sit in the East Upper Deck (both when I had season tickets 2 seasons ago, and with my mini pack last year) but I'll sit anywhere, obviously.

Thanks in advance! And in general, who's going to the game? Who's itching for a Bomber home game, even if it just meaningless preseason?

Getting so pumped for the season!

So I was at the Japan/Ecuador World Cup game Tuesday at IGF, and being in the stadium made want to watch Bomber football!

I don't have season tickets this year, and so had no thoughts about going to Friday's game (even when I had season tickets, I often skipped the exhibition game). But a buddy in from out of town asked if I wanted to go, and now I want to. But I'm poor and don't want to pay full price for an exhibition game ticket.

Anyone out there have any extras? Or discounts? I usually sit in the East Upper Deck (both when I had season tickets 2 seasons ago, and with my mini pack last year) but I'll sit anywhere, obviously.

Thanks in advance! And in general, who's going to the game? Who's itching for a Bomber home game, even if it just meaningless preseason?

Getting so pumped for the season!

Holy entitlements Batman!

If I didn't have to pay for my exhibition ticket as part of my season ticket package, I probably wouldn't want to pay full price for it either.  

It is exhibition, nobody wants to pay full price for that. It is why they offer the buddy vouchers.

Having said that, my ticket was paid for some time ago, so I am looking forward to the game this week!

The point is that if you want to get a ticket to something you gotta pay the price for it. Begging for a discount is just really lame. Don't like the price don't go, but begging? Might as well get a piece of cardboard and a sharpie and find a good street corner. 

The point is that if you want to get a ticket to something you gotta pay the price for it. Begging for a discount is just really lame. Don't like the price don't go, but begging? Might as well get a piece of cardboard and a sharpie and find a good street corner. 

I understand what you're saying, but this is a bit different. This is a fan community and for as long as I can remember, we've always helped eachother out with tickets to preseason games.

I have never understood how it can be socially acceptable to say "I'm poor" ....I mean, I've been relatively poor when I was in my early 20s, but I can't think of anything more embarrassing to actually admit in public. Honestly. If you can't afford something, then keep quiet about it, but to out-and-out beg for something and say "I'm poor, give me something free or drastically discounted..." ?? I can't imagine something worse...

I have never understood how it can be socially acceptable to say "I'm poor" ....I mean, I've been relatively poor when I was in my early 20s, but I can't think of anything more embarrassing to actually admit in public. Honestly. If you can't afford something, then keep quiet about it, but to out-and-out beg for something and say "I'm poor, give me something free or drastically discounted..." ?? I can't imagine something worse...

I can think of worse things. Like shaming someone for being poor, and calling them an embarrassment.

To each their own. And with the amount of free tickets out there with the buddy vouchers, and people who just don't want to go, don't see a problem with it.

Asking for a free regular season game or playoff ticket would be a completely different story.

Wtf? Get off your high horses boys.

There Is nothing wrong asking if anyone can get him a discount. This is a close knit community is it not?

I'm going with my 5 year old to his first game ever in the stadium this Friday (rain or shine) and was given free tickets to it. I didn't ask for them mind you, but I wouldn't have paid for them. I know he is most likely going to get bored and will want to go home early.

How does leaving the game early work if you have to take the park and ride? Normally for event with my kid I would drive to the event but that doesn't seem to be an option at the stadium

So....are you guys saying you don't have tickets for sale?

Comedy geek, I got the FREE buddy voucher tickets, but have already offered them out to another party. And no, I'm not charging them money for a ticket I got FOR FREE. However, if they fall through, I'd be happy to offer them up to you as I have no need for the extra tickets myself (using my own 2). I'll know by day's end if they are committing to them or not, so I'll p.m. you if the tickets open up.

Asking for a discount is just good business. Why they hell would you pay full price for something if all you had to do was ask for a discount to get one? lol that's a huge part of my job actually. "I don't want to pay you that amount for this service, give it to me cheaper." I'd say about 85% of the time, I get it cheaper.

Not much different than publicly calling someone out on a forum. If you don't like what he has to say or is asking for, keep quiet about it and move on to the next post.

Not much different than publicly calling someone out on a forum. If you don't like what he has to say or is asking for, keep quiet about it and move on to the next post.

So here's how I know you don't know me....

So here's how I know you don't know me....

I guess I've also just learnt that you don't take your own advice.

I can think of worse things. Like shaming someone for being poor, and calling them an embarrassment.

No one is shaming anyone for being poor, only for begging. 

Again, I've been (relatively) poor....but I certainly would never admit it. The thing is, there's this whole "Winnipeggers are proud to be cheap and always looking for a deal" thing that I've never understood. I can't even fathom that mentality of always looking for a discount. 

I can't fathom the mentality where if someone is doing something that doesn't hurt or affect me or others, and that if I don't agree with it, I feel the need to call them out on it to try and make them feel bad and myself feel better.

I think I'd rather be cheap than an ass.  Good thing I'm in Winnipeg I guess.

A lot of what's posted above has to do with where people live.  When I lived in BC and Alberta I found that how much money you had was very important to people.  It almost defined you.  Within about 90 seconds of meeting someone that was doing well you could usually expect them to work it into the convo.  

So yeah, people in Calgary would consider it an embarrassment to be poor.

In MB, it's not as much like that.   

A lot of what's posted above has to do with where people live.  When I lived in BC and Alberta I found that how much money you had was very important to people.  It almost defined you.  Within about 90 seconds of meeting someone that was doing well you could usually expect them to work it into the convo.  

So yeah, people in Calgary would consider it an embarrassment to be poor.

In MB, it's not as much like that.   

The people who boast about money in Calgary are the low bred people who suddenly have money and act like they aren't still low born people, as if money is a substitute for class. I just have a low tolerance for begging. If you don't want to pay the price of admission then don't go, but to beg for a hand out, well that's just not something I will ever tolerate. 

I'm sure the poor was an exaggeration... With the buddy vouchers I don't see an issue with seeing if you can get a cheaper ticket to a game that is not really up to the quality of the regular season games.

Of course it was an exaggeration! I figured all the light-heartedness of the post in general would come across, but I guess not.

I always hear about people having unused buddy vouchers or tickets to the exhibition game (hell, I often did when I had season tickets), so I figured the first place to check would be with the die-hard Bomber fans I read and occasionally post with on a daily basis.

Appreciate the life lessons from 17 and Noeller, though. ;)

So....are you guys saying you don't have tickets for sale?

Comedy geek, I got the FREE buddy voucher tickets, but have already offered them out to another party. And no, I'm not charging them money for a ticket I got FOR FREE. However, if they fall through, I'd be happy to offer them up to you as I have no need for the extra tickets myself (using my own 2). I'll know by day's end if they are committing to them or not, so I'll p.m. you if the tickets open up.

Appreciate it either way!