It's time for the Riders to start sucking ...

IC Khari

With a recognition of my home town bias, I see:

1. Stamps

2. Bombers

3. Eskies

4. Lions

5. Riders.

I think Durant is done, and I think Chamblin has worn out his goodwill.   You can't replace a RB simply because of 1 fumble, and you can't overrule all of your assistant coaches. His blame throwing tendencies will cause him to short leash too many players, and this will inhibit growth and development.   If Durant has recovered, they could do quite well, but without him, it will be chaos.

Please be chaos. Please be chaos. Please be chaos. Please be chaos. Please be chaos. Please be chaos. Please be chaos. Please be chaos.

I must say that I am not totally convinced that Durant is 100%. His throws were soft and wobbly in the first exhibition game and that was on short to short-intermediate routes. Last year he was a dud, even before the injury. If they hadn't had a running game their offence would have been non-existent all year with both Durant and Sunseri. Now they have a pass happy coordinator. I am going to go out on a limb and say that Durant has his worst QB rating of his career this year and a win/loss record that reflects that. 

I must say that I am not totally convinced that Durant is 100%. His throws were soft and wobbly in the first exhibition game and that was on short to short-intermediate routes. Last year he was a dud, even before the injury. If they hadn't had a running game their offence would have been non-existent all year with both Durant and Sunseri. Now they have a pass happy coordinator. I am going to go out on a limb and say that Durant has his worst QB rating of his career this year and a win/loss record that reflects that. 

Kevin Glenn is there.  He always ends up as the starter wherever he goes so I look for that trend to continue.

1. Stamps

2. Bombers

3. Eskies

4. Lions

5. Riders.

I think Durant is done, and I think Chamblin has worn out his goodwill.   You can't replace a RB simply because of 1 fumble, and you can't overrule all of your assistant coaches. His blame throwing tendencies will cause him to short leash too many players, and this will inhibit growth and development.   If Durant has recovered, they could do quite well, but without him, it will be chaos.

Please be chaos. Please be chaos. Please be chaos. Please be chaos. Please be chaos. Please be chaos. Please be chaos. Please be chaos.

KAOS.jpg

1. Stamps

2. Bombers

3. Eskies

4. Lions

5. Riders.

The only difference is, this time, we have Kevin Glenn if Durant gets injured again. We won't have to rely on rookie QBs. It won't be nearly the same chaos that it was last year.

I see it like this:

1. Calgary

2. Edmonton

3. Saskatchewan

4. Winnipeg

5. BC

2nd through 4th could go either way, and the difference between them could be 1 game or a tie break, IMO. Calgary has 1st sealed, and BC is doomed to be last with uncertainty at QB.

With the addition of Jamel Richardson all 5 of the Riders receivers are  30+....tick, tick, tick....KABOOM! 

I guess that's point of Ryan Smith, 23 (rider fans, known never to exaggerate, calling him the next Dressler)... and Demski, 22...

Brendan Taman learned from Dave Ritchie. Never trust a rookie when you can sign a veteran.

I know Ritchie said you lose one game for every rookie in your line-up. So what's that going to do for our record this year? How many rookies do we have starting this year?

I get the whole veteran thing, but you can find veterans under the age of 30 out there. You can have a few wily older guys, but when your whole team is over 30, then you have a problem. More than just one problem.

EDIT - I see 11 guys on our main roster that are CFL newbies (and other new guys who are coming here with CFL experience like Gibson, Bryant and Hurl). How many are starters?

My biggest hope for the season is a Bomber Grey Cup win. My Nightmare is the ******* Riders winning the Grey Cup in our barn. My second biggest hope is the Riders finishing out of the playoffs for the next five years or so.

My biggest hope for the season is a Bomber Grey Cup win. My Nightmare is the ******* Riders winning the Grey Cup in our barn. My second biggest hope is the Riders finishing out of the playoffs for the next five decades or so.

Fixed.