It's time for the Riders to start sucking ...

IC Khari

I can't see a scenario where Taman survives to be the Rider GM by the start of next season.  Just so many bad moves, granted some things he couldn't control like Heenan going to the NFL, but acquiring Shea Emry to be the ratio changer, giving away two very good NI DT's to Ottawa and then going back to having a NI DT the next season when you don't have the players to do it, giving Getzlaf a mega extension when he probably should have been the guy sacrificed to Ottawa, signing a bunch of 30+ guys off-season and in-season.  Just a brutal job he's done in Regina on the things he does control.

I just get the sense that the game has moved on and Taman is in way over his head.  Thank goodness we have the Walters (yes I am calling him that now).  I hope he sticks around until he's 70.

Two weeks ago the Riders were carrying 12 players on their PR, now they're carrying 13.  Taman might be a nice guy but he's either bad at math or a poor administrator.

I can't see a scenario where Taman survives to be the Rider GM by the start of next season. Just so many bad moves, granted some things he couldn't control like Heenan going to the NFL, but acquiring Shea Emry to be the ratio changer, giving away two very good NI DT's to Ottawa and then going back to having a NI DT the next season when you don't have the players to do it, giving Getzlaf a mega extension when he probably should have been the guy sacrificed to Ottawa, signing a bunch of 30+ guys off-season and in-season. Just a brutal job he's done in Regina on the things he does control.

I just get the sense that the game has moved on and Taman is in way over his head. Thank goodness we have the Walters (yes I am calling him that now). I hope he sticks around until he's 70.

Two weeks ago the Riders were carrying 12 players on their PR, now they're carrying 13. Taman might be a nice guy but he's either bad at math or a poor administrator.

And they have 14 players on the 6 game IR. lol

a few years back, when we were all saying its just a matter of time before Taman did his thing with the team, no rider fan would listen. Now it's all coming together just like the other Taman teams. This is what he does, spend and trade all for the now, and while it did bring in a grey cup, they will likely be stuck in this mess for at least another year. Should get rid of Taman asap and start the rebuilding process now!

I would think that with the long grey cup drought in bomber land the fans here would appreciate that at least Taman got them a cup. Sacrificing the long term for the short term is what sports teams do all the time. The Blue Jays are doing that right now. The Boston Celtics did it a few years ago. Only a few teams are great for years on end: Patriots now, old time Montreal Canadians, 70's Eskimos. It is hard in a salary cap league to maintain success. At least he got the Riders a ribbon. That being said I don't wish that he was here.

At this point, the Rider media really need to start a forensic on O'Day.....and get some straight answers:

Does he have access to "the database"

Does he handle things internally?

Does he have the keys to the dispenser?
Does he know where Taman's Rambler is parked?
Will he be able to use up the Brylcreem?

At this point, the Rider media really need to start a forensic on O'Day.....and get some straight answers:

One more...How often to him and Taman get drunk and wrestle in the nude?

Regarding the grey cup drought... yeah it would be nice to win it but... what would be nicer, is to win it one year and then still be good the next year and so on and so on. Taman might have got them a grey cup but.... at what expense really? They will be moving in to a new stadium soon, i would think they would like it if that team was good but it sounds like they will be going in to rebuild mode. 

IMO, rebuilding in the CFL isn't that difficult however the part that gets tricky is trying to rebuild your canadian content, that doesn't happen in a season or 2 as we have seen here, it happens over time, Riders are dangerously close to not being able to even start 7 Nationals, they are gonna be in tough for a few years i think and this is the problem with Taman really... sacrifice the future to win now, it's nice and all but when you get to the now, what do you have? not much really.

Grey Cup win a couple seasons ago? awesome but... that was a couple seasons ago now. 

The Blue Jay comparison don't work really cuz outside of Price, the guys the Blue Jays have picked up are under contract for several more years...

I can't see a scenario where Taman survives to be the Rider GM by the start of next season.  Just so many bad moves, granted some things he couldn't control like Heenan going to the NFL, but acquiring Shea Emry to be the ratio changer, giving away two very good NI DT's to Ottawa and then going back to having a NI DT the next season when you don't have the players to do it, giving Getzlaf a mega extension when he probably should have been the guy sacrificed to Ottawa, signing a bunch of 30+ guys off-season and in-season.  Just a brutal job he's done in Regina on the things he does control.

I just get the sense that the game has moved on and Taman is in way over his head.  Thank goodness we have the Walters (yes I am calling him that now).  I hope he sticks around until he's 70.

Two weeks ago the Riders were carrying 12 players on their PR, now they're carrying 13.  Taman might be a nice guy but he's either bad at math or a poor administrator.

Again. 2 are juniors that are exempt according to the rules. With Richardson gone either Wilson or Roosevelt will be up on the active roster. Transactions are filed with the league.

269 sweet days since the last Rider victory, Nov. 8, 2014 ... To quote Brian Adams "I wish they could last forever, oh these are the best days of my life ..." LOL

Riders are only 8500 days short to catch up to your last grey cup win. 

why would they need to be drunk?

I would think that with the long grey cup drought in bomber land the fans here would appreciate that at least Taman got them a cup. Sacrificing the long term for the short term is what sports teams do all the time. The Blue Jays are doing that right now. The Boston Celtics did it a few years ago. Only a few teams are great for years on end: Patriots now, old time Montreal Canadians, 70's Eskimos. It is hard in a salary cap league to maintain success. At least he got the Riders a ribbon. That being said I don't wish that he was here.

completely agree.... people around here would "hate" Taman a lot less if we had got that 2007 GC... even if everything else in history happened exactly as it did between then and now...

269 sweet days since the last Rider victory, Nov. 8, 2014 ... To quote Brian Adams "I wish they could last forever, oh these are the best days of my life ..." LOL

Touché.

Hardly...

It's not required, but it's more fun that way.

I sure hope you are

not speaking from experience. If so, please don't feel the need to regale us with stories of experimentation in college. Times were simpler then...love was free....and all that jazz.

Just kidding Gbill.....you kinda walked yourself into that one.

Well let's going even more big picture. What's 10-4?

Touché.

Hardly...

More the right thing to say would be "shots fired" I guess.

Touché.

Hardly...

'cept the Riders are shooting blanks

Touché.

Hardly...

'cept the Riders are shooting blanks

Now that calls for touché. Haha.

I sure hope you are

not speaking from experience. If so, please don't feel the need to regale us with stories of experimentation in college. Times were simpler then...love was free....and all that jazz.

Just kidding Gbill.....you kinda walked yourself into that one.

lol I sure did!