It's time for the Riders to start sucking ...

IC Khari

If anyone's following the Twitter scroll on this page...Rod Pedersen absolutely livid about Penton's piece saying that Lapo will be in for Chamblin by Labour Day. Calling it ridiculous. 

I'm getting a chuckle anyhow... :)

Lapo is agreeing with Pedersen on this one (not that I would expect him to do anything but deny the rumours at this point anyway).

Paul LaPolice @PaulLaPolice 12m12 minutes ago

I agree with @sportscage. I like Kirk but not his insiders segment.

Rod only reports what the Riders tell him to report.

Yea. I can't imagine that Taman is too happy about the leak to Penton at this point and time. Sent in his lapdog Pederson for damage control. If anything, imo, this validates what Penton was saying. He sure struck a nerve at Riders HQ with his article. Methinks Pederson, and therefore the RIders, dost protest too much.

If anyone's following the Twitter scroll on this page...Rod Pedersen absolutely livid about Penton's piece saying that Lapo will be in for Chamblin by Labour Day. Calling it ridiculous. 

I'm getting a chuckle anyhow... :)

Lapo is agreeing with Pedersen on this one (not that I would expect him to do anything but deny the rumours at this point anyway).

Paul LaPolice @PaulLaPolice 12m12 minutes ago

I agree with @sportscage. I like Kirk but not his insiders segment.

There is no way that Lapo can come into Regina looking like he lobbied for the job the past couple months. More damage control.

Rod is on the Riders payroll.

Might as well be.

Didn't he get a ring along with the rest of the team when they won the Grey Cup back in 2013. I'm not kidding here, that's what I thought I heard.

That is actually kind of funny, but seriously doubt that is true. Rod isn't the 13th man. I am and have been for my entire life and I didn't get a ring.

Might as well be.

Didn't he get a ring along with the rest of the team when they won the Grey Cup back in 2013. I'm not kidding here, that's what I thought I heard.

That is actually kind of funny, but seriously doubt that is true. Rod isn't the 13th man. I am and have been for my entire life and I didn't get a ring.

Rod got a milkbone and a nice firm pat on the head from Taman after the Grey Cup. Good lapdogs are hard to find.

Might as well be.

Sucks for you and the other 11 guys.

CFL News @CFL_News

.@sportscage - "I think the #Riders will destroy the #Ticats on Sunday"… via @TSN1200 #CFL

I think Pedersen has officially lost his mind with tweets like that one and this one:

@sportscage - "Once #Riders get it figured out, going 2 B back 2 being upper echelon team, powerhouse like played in Ott. last yr"

If beating an expansion team twice makes you a powerhouse (once by a mere 3 points), you've got a bizarre definition of that term.

Yea. I can't imagine that Taman is too happy about the leak to Penton at this point and time. Sent in his lapdog Pederson for damage control. If anything, imo, this validates what Penton was saying. He sure struck a nerve at Riders HQ with his article. Methinks Pederson, and therefore the RIders, dost protest too much.

Absolutely, people don't fly off the handle like that when there is no truth behind it. 

Hilarious:

If anything this incident - and the scandalous atmosphere around it - is serving to galvanize this football organization.  The attempts by Winnipeg reporters to pick this franchise apart may backfire.  The Monday report by TSN's Gary Lawless that Jeremy O'Day could soon replace Brendan Taman wasn't much better.

Yes it's all a conspiracy, started by those evil Winnipeg reporters.  It's only going to "galvanize" them.  Right.  And when they go 0-5, 0-6, and then 0-7 they will be so galvanized they will be statues.

Hilarious:

If anything this incident - and the scandalous atmosphere around it - is serving to galvanize this football organization.  The attempts by Winnipeg reporters to pick this franchise apart may backfire.  The Monday report by TSN's Gary Lawless that Jeremy O'Day could soon replace Brendan Taman wasn't much better.

Yes it's all a conspiracy, started by those evil Winnipeg reporters.  It's only going to "galvanize" them.  Right.  And when they go 0-5, 0-6, and then 0-7 they will be so galvanized they will be statues.

hate to say it but if we go 0-6 I hope we do go 0-7 then cc won't survive the bye week. Hate to have him sneak into bye week on a one game winning streak only to have Taman say "I think Corey is really turning things around"

Hilarious:

hate to say it but if we go 0-6 I hope we do go 0-7 then cc won't survive the bye week. Hate to have him sneak into bye week on a one game winning streak only to have Taman say "I think Corey is really turning things around"

That's a good point, though if Taman said that you could hardly blame him.  What else is he supposed to say?

Hilarious:

Taman's a survivor, always has been.  If he starts to feel that he's in trouble, he'll drop CC in a heartbeat.  And then, to continue the pattern, right after will come the "Taman's hands were tied.  He was just doing what Corey wanted" stuff.

Hilarious:

That's a good point, though if Taman said that you could hardly blame him.  What else is he supposed to say?

He is supposed to say "we thank Corey for all his efforts with the organization and wish him well in the future, but feel it would be better for both parties at this time to go our separate ways. We are restructuring and don't see Corey in our future.  And in a last stitch effort to save my own job I'm afraid I need to throw Corey under the bus."   Taman's speech will be written on a napkin.

Hilarious:

Taman's a survivor, always has been.  If he starts to feel that he's in trouble, he'll drop CC in a heartbeat.  And then, to continue the pattern, right after will come the "Taman's hands were tied.  He was just doing what Corey wanted" stuff.

As evidenced by all the people he fired to save his own ass here in Wpg??

Hilarious:

As evidenced by all the people he fired to save his own ass here in Wpg??

Why yes, yes it is.