It's time for the Riders to start sucking ...

IC Khari

Hey Ripper, as you're not Migs in disguise then I apologize for saying that. No one deserves to be thought of as that guy as he is a moron. He's been kicked off here & other CFL sites continuously & then comes back using other names only to be outted again & banned once more.

No problem. Been around long enough myself to see him booted off our site under a variety pack of names. Its funny when ever a new poster starts up everyone always thinks its him.

Chamblin is 29-29 as a head coach. His only saving grace is he won a Grey Cup. Still though, with the veteran talent on that team he should be at least 15 games above 500. I always felt that he was overrated. Then there's Brendan Taman who has sold the team's future down Wascana Creek because of his "win now" philosophy. . 

Hey Ripper, as you're not Migs in disguise then I apologize for saying that. No one deserves to be thought of as that guy as he is a moron. He's been kicked off here & other CFL sites continuously & then comes back using other names only to be outted again & banned once more.

No problem. Been around long enough myself to see him booted off our site under a variety pack of names. Its funny when ever a new poster starts up everyone always thinks its him.

As soon as a Rider fan comes on here & starts tooting their team's horn aggressively, it is looked upon as Migs coming back as that is his MO. He'll argue just to argue no matter what.

I hope this train wreck keeps going on to prove how "loyal" rider pride Is. I remember going to labour day in 2011 and a buddy of mine who had never been was shocked at how few rider fans were around. The bar was 95% bomber fans, there were a hand full of people actually wearing rider gear. It was awesome. It will happen again.

That's kind of odd considering the Riders sold around 25k season tickets that year that so many bomber fans were there isn't it? You guys can laugh at how bad we are all you want but even this year there are 26700 season tickets sold so the myth that any team will ever outnumber our fans in our stadium is simply that,

Obviously you would have sold a lot of season tix this year as you came off the GC win in 2013 a good year last year and were expected to be good this year. Even at 0-18 this year you won't see a significant drop as the new stadium will keep ppl buying. If you go years without success 3-4 that's when you will see a significant drop. Where as the Bombers have gone forever with success and still sell above 22k in season tix.

Putting our team rivalries aside for a minute. The Bomber fans have done a good job supporting the team through a drought that has lasted too long. You are right our season ticket numbers will go down if we continue to struggle but I contend that 22k or better is a number that will hold as we too have a solid fan base and we too know what suffering is. I've been there for years and have enjoyed the good times, but have seen more bad times I'm afraid. I think what's happening now to certain extent is the fans are not going to just watch things go down the crapper without saying something. Gone are the years where we are just happy to have a team. Yes some are panicking, but that happens everywhere. the crazy fans don't speak for the majority as it is in every cfl city.  

No one doubts the die hards, hell no one really is bothered by the diehards either, it's the bandwagon jumpers who crow the loudest about RIDER PRIDE!!11!!!! and how awesome everything Rider is that annoy people and we know damned well that they won't still be there when the fortunes have turned. What we want is a nice long streak of the Riders sucking so that these folks will finally STFU and go away. 

Yeah, that is annoying. Even worse for me is when fans start abandoning the team during struggles. They don't give a crap about the team enough and they try to get everyone else to do the same thing (nothing makes me happier than to see those idiots get roasted). I don't consider those people real fans and I wish they would just stop being Rider fans altogether and never come back. They destroy the fun for actual fans and as much as I like to see the Riders succeed, I certainly wouldn't mind a good loyalty test to sift out the fair weathered.

As soon as a Rider fan comes on here & starts tooting their team's horn aggressively, it is looked upon as Migs coming back as that is his MO. He'll argue just to argue no matter what.

Yup. And that's exactly what he was doing on CFL H last season (and here for that matter). Wouldn't stop making excuses after the last Rider regular season game only brought 20K. Stated that it wasn't an important game (which it actually was, because it determined who we played in the semi-finals). Even if the Riders make a mistake, he will argue it until he turns blue in the face.

So far this week we are firing Taman and Chamblin, trading Kevin Glenn and Darian Durant and its only Tuesday. So ya we need a friggin win to settle the troops down before we do something we will really regret.  Seriously though, that's just how it goes in Riderville when we are losing. We have had a great run over the last ten years, its time to re-tool, re-build, and re-focus I guess.

So far this week we are firing Taman and Chamblin, trading Kevin Glenn and Darian Durant and its only Tuesday. So ya we need a friggin win to settle the troops down before we do something we will really regret.  Seriously though, that's just how it goes in Riderville when we are losing. We have had a great run over the last ten years, its time to re-tool, re-build, and re-focus I guess.

If the Riders trade Glenn & they may as well forfeit the rest of the season. What Rider fan in his right mind would demand that Glenn be traded?

If the Riders trade Glenn & they may as well forfeit the rest of the season. What Rider fan in his right mind would demand that Glenn be traded?

That's exactly what I said in the thread calling for Glenn to be traded. I said we'd probably finish between 0-18 and 2-16. Because not only would we have no defence, but we'd also have zero offence. At least we have a chance to succeed with good offence. Keeping games with 2-4s certainly isn't defence's doing.

Funny post by a Bomber fan regarding the Riders' first win:

Definitely Labour Day.....

Bombers will be 5-4 Riders will be 0-9 and will beat the Bombers which will kick start their come back, go 9-9 for a cross over win the East and the Grey Cup...You heard it here first.

Now wouldn't the internet just explode if this happened...

Nobody in their right mind does. Makes zero sense. Not to mention if DD doesn't return, Glenn may lead us out the tunnel next year also. Some people are having a hard time dealing with being 0-4.  Myself I keep it a lot more simple, I just want Taman and Chamblin both fired at the bye-week if things don't improve by then. 0-7 or 1-6 and they go bye bye. :)

Nobody in their right mind does. Makes zero sense. Not to mention if DD doesn't return, Glenn may lead us out the tunnel next year also. Some people are having a hard time dealing with being 0-4.  Myself I keep it a lot more simple, I just want Taman and Chamblin both fired at the bye-week if things don't improve by then. 0-7 or 1-6 and they go bye bye. :)

Perfect time to start cleaning house, IMO. That point is late enough that if things haven't already gotten better, they probably won't unless someone new is in. 0-4 is still early enough for it to potentially be fluke (not that I necessarily think that this situation is fluke, but sometimes, it can be). 1-7 was when we fired Marshall, so makes sense to do the same thing now.

Rider fans are funny people... No way should Durant be traded. Chamblin should not get tanked...the team has a lot of injuries and clearly the issues is on Defense and they could use some help with the secondary.

It's long season and they still have lots of time to catch up.

Also neither are greatest fans...

If you want bad fans go to Ontario...

Rider fans are funny people... No way should Durant be traded. Chamblin should not get tanked...the team has a lot of injuries and clearly the issues is on Defense and they could use some help with the secondary.

The funny thing is about rider fans, is all of these different crazy ideas by individual posters. All these different ideas that the OP and only the OP supports and gets roasted by the rest. Adds up so much though.

@CFL_News: #CFL insiders say: @PaulLaPolice will be #Riders coach before Labour Day. via @PentonKirk

a guy behind me at McMahon was talking about this. I hadn't heard the rumour yet, but apparently Lapo's been contacted and told to sit tight....barring a monster comeback by the Riders on the season, Lapo's packing his bags...

you obviously have no idea what sort of fans we have. 

What makes us so bad ?

you obviously have no idea what sort of fans we have. 

The few?

@CFL_News: #CFL insiders say: @PaulLaPolice will be #Riders coach before Labour Day. via @PentonKirk

a guy behind me at McMahon was talking about this. I hadn't heard the rumour yet, but apparently Lapo's been contacted and told to sit tight....barring a monster comeback by the Riders on the season, Lapo's packing his bags...

LaPo's lost his mind if he willingly leaves his job at TSN to step into that hornets nest.