Who gets the axe by Monday?

Mike

I'm still going with he is having a herpes outbreak and the sores rubbing up against his equipment is leading the bombers to take precautions. I'm going with this based on all the facts that we know so far. And it fits with lower body injury depending on how long he is down there.

Jacquie is going to want a link/source for this.

I'd read something before about possible hammy pull because he had a bit of history with those as well. Matches up with the "lower body injury" thing, as well. Either way...the kid will get his chance to show what he can do, in time.

That would make a lot more sense than a concussion.

Especially since some have said it's a lower body issue.  You don't get a concussion in your a$$:)

Isn't that what EJ Kuale had last year?

I'd read something before about possible hammy pull because he had a bit of history with those as well. Matches up with the "lower body injury" thing, as well. Either way...the kid will get his chance to show what he can do, in time.

Especially since some have said it's a lower body issue.  You don't get a concussion in your a$$:)
Isn't that what EJ Kuale had last year?

I think both he and Shea Emry had ass concussion syndrome. It's caused by your brains being in your ass.

all I know is that Marve definately won't be one of them, considering the game he played last night (hope he shows the same results in regular season)

For all the love Marve gets on this board, the repeated message from the media and what the coaches tell them is that Brohm has basically been locked into the #2 position barring some major collapse, and with Marve flat out saying he's leaving for the NFL next year, I can't fathom the club using up what amounts to a developmental roster spot on a guy who wants to bolt at season's end. I know his scrambling and enthusiasm score big on the emotional love scale from the fans, but keeping him doesn't seem to be the logical move unless he's the clear #2 and pushing for top spot, which by all accounts from those who make the decisions, he isn't.

Just because he wants to try the NFL doesn't mean he's automatically going to get a shot. He could be back quite easily. 

all I know is that Marve definately won't be one of them, considering the game he played last night (hope he shows the same results in regular season)

For all the love Marve gets on this board, the repeated message from the media and what the coaches tell them is that Brohm has basically been locked into the #2 position barring some major collapse, and with Marve flat out saying he's leaving for the NFL next year, I can't fathom the club using up what amounts to a developmental roster spot on a guy who wants to bolt at season's end. I know his scrambling and enthusiasm score big on the emotional love scale from the fans, but keeping him doesn't seem to be the logical move unless he's the clear #2 and pushing for top spot, which by all accounts from those who make the decisions, he isn't.

Just because he wants to try the NFL doesn't mean he's automatically going to get a shot. He could be back quite easily. 

The NFL has a long, rich history of signing back-up CFL quarterbacks...........well at least there must have been ONE somewhere along the way, no? :D

At least Etienne had the durability to last through training camp.

History of hammy issues... Watson 2.5!!

I'm still going with he is having a herpes outbreak and the sores rubbing up against his equipment is leading the bombers to take precautions. I'm going with this based on all the facts that we know so far. And it fits with lower body injury depending on how long he is down there.

Jacquie is going to want a link/source for this.

No I only say that to you.

The NFL has a long, rich history of signing back-up CFL quarterbacks...........well at least there must have been ONE somewhere along the way, no? :D

Graham Harrell. 

Especially since some have said it's a lower body issue.  You don't get a concussion in your a$$.  :)

You could if your head was up your ass…. Fact!

Graham Harrell. 

Pat Barnes

My thoughts exactly. People are acting like Marve is going to be starting for the Broncos next year.

And others are acting like Marve should be considered the starter for the Bombers now. My point is simply:

A) the noise out of camp from the media is that Brohm is the clear #2, both in how he's performed (although some posters here see things quite differently from their viewpoint at practice - I'm not going to say which assessment is the more accurate one), and in what the intentions of the coaching staff are (at least how the media have portrayed it so far), so Marve is at best the #3, which usually is reserved for a developmental future project and not a player intended to supplant the current starter by week 9, and

B) whether or not he fails in the NFL, his intention NOW is that he doesn't want to stay and play in Winnipeg, even though his contract says he can't go anywhere else for this year, so one has to wonder if that lack of desire to be here will keep him from wanting to return to Winnipeg as a free agent after a failed NFL run.

I have little faith that Marve will score an NFL spot, but if his attitude is that the Bombers are not his priority, why keep him holding a clipboard this year over a QB who will be invested in growing his game with the team beyond this season? 

My thoughts exactly. People are acting like Marve is going to be starting for the Broncos next year.

And others are acting like Marve should be considered the starter for the Bombers now. My point is simply:

A) the noise out of camp from the media is that Brohm is the clear #2, both in how he's performed (although some posters here see things quite differently from their viewpoint at practice - I'm not going to say which assessment is the more accurate one), and in what the intentions of the coaching staff are (at least how the media have portrayed it so far), so Marve is at best the #3, which usually is reserved for a developmental future project and not a player intended to supplant the current starter by week 9, and

B) whether or not he fails in the NFL, his intention NOW is that he doesn't want to stay and play in Winnipeg, even though his contract says he can't go anywhere else for this year, so one has to wonder if that lack of desire to be here will keep him from wanting to return to Winnipeg as a free agent after a failed NFL run.

I have little faith that Marve will score an NFL spot, but if his attitude is that the Bombers are not his priority, why keep him holding a clipboard this year over a QB who will be invested in growing his game with the team beyond this season? 

Sorry, that smiley face should be a capital b with parentheses. Stupid emoticons!  :angry:

Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad. Every player on that roster at one point had NFL dreams. Nothing says Marve isn't committed to Winnipeg if the NFL dream dies. Worrying about nothing. If he's the 3rd best qb (to me he appears much better than Portis) so keep him on the roster and trust you can convince him that Winnipeg is the best place to be on his next contract. 

Penton speculating that Marve could be cut in favour of Portis, since Portis isn't that far behind Marve, and he's committed to Bombers beyond this season.

That would be a mistake cause Portis stinks. 

Stinks as a 3rd Stringer though? I don't think so. Anyone else we bring in as the #3 wouldn't know the playbook or personnel as well as Portis.

Penton speculating that Marve could be cut in favour of Portis, since Portis isn't that far behind Marve, and he's committed to Bombers beyond this season.

Stinks as a 3rd Stringer though? I don't think so. Anyone else we bring in as the #3 wouldn't know the playbook or personnel as well as Portis.

So what's wrong with keeping all 4 qbs around this year and in the event that Marve does go in the offseason you still have Portis around for the following season while keeping your 3 best qbs this year. Injuries happen in the CFL, we've gone 3 qbs deep on the depth chart a lot in the last few years. 

So what's wrong with keeping all 4 qbs around this year and in the event that Marve does go in the offseason you still have Portis around for the following season while keeping your 3 best qbs this year. Injuries happen in the CFL, we've gone 3 qbs deep on the depth chart a lot in the last few years.
The thinking is that they'd want to develop Portis more this year since you know he'll be around next year, meaning he'd be 3rd QB. Would Marve accept a reduced role this year?