Who gets the axe by Monday?

Mike

Is Richards ever going to even practise? Still no word on what is wrong with him. 2-3 days is now what 2 weeks?

Wouldn't be surprised if we are working on a trade. Richards probably doesn't even want to play for WPG. With him being a lifelong Rider lover and all.

....or maybe he is just injured more than the Bomber care to let on right now. Which seems more likely to you? Him being injured or him signing a contract then immediately changing his mind and requesting a trade.

He's got a history of concussions so they have to be very careful with him. It seems whenever a team is vague about giving details of an injury, you can bet it has to do with concussion symptoms if it's been a problem for that player in the past.

Is Richards ever going to even practise? Still no word on what is wrong with him. 2-3 days is now what 2 weeks?Wouldn't be surprised if we are working on a trade. Richards probably doesn't even want to play for WPG. With him being a lifelong Rider lover and all.

Is this sarcasm?

Just assume or guess like everyone else

Is Richards ever going to even practise? Still no word on what is wrong with him. 2-3 days is now what 2 weeks?

Wouldn't be surprised if we are working on a trade. Richards probably doesn't even want to play for WPG. With him being a lifelong Rider lover and all.

....or maybe he is just injured more than the Bomber care to let on right now. Which seems more likely to you? Him being injured or him signing a contract then immediately changing his mind and requesting a trade.

He's got a history of concussions so they have to be very careful with him. It seems whenever a team is vague about giving details of an injury, you can bet it has to do with concussion symptoms if it's been a problem for that player in the past.

If he's had concussion problems before than it was a very risky/bad pick

I'm sure he's injured.  One day morphed into a day or two, morphed into a few days, morphed into reporters not asking the question anymore.  We'll see him when we see him.  Who knows when that will be.

The reporters do in fact ask about Richards. They did it last night in O'Shea's postgame interview (4:25)... but you won't like his answer

http://www.bluebombe...index/id/110947

Richards is 21. That's what's up. If he didn't wanna be here he wouldn't have 1. Been drafted by us and 2. Signed the contract. I mean really. This crapping on the young guys some ppl do is insane. he's 21. What were you doing at 21?

Where am I crapping on him exactly? Do I say ANYWHERE that the guy is a crappy football player or trash him in any way? No I didn't.

Just giving an opinion and asking a question. Maybe someone in "the know" knows the answer.

While Willy is our best bet so far this season, I am impressed enough by Marve's athleticism, smarts and attitude that I wouldn't be surprised to see him do as well as Willy or even better. He knows he has to improve his passing game and once he has that he ought to be a very good CFL quareterback. I don't see an NFL team taking a chance on a player with two wonky knees.

I'm sure he's injured.  One day morphed into a day or two, morphed into a few days, morphed into reporters not asking the question anymore.  We'll see him when we see him.  Who knows when that will be.

The reporters do in fact ask about Richards. They did it last night in O'Shea's postgame interview (4:25)... but you won't like his answer

I think the reporter actually asked about Richardson. If it's the question right at the end then it sounded like Richardson, but could be wrong

I've heard it on the radio (either the talking heads / Bauming on 1290 or Irving) mention that Richards had dealt with concussions playing university ball .. not saying that's what this injury is .. have no idea what's keeping him out of the lineup to be honest .. but I have heard similar things.

He clearly says Richardson.

I've heard it on the radio (either the talking heads / Bauming on 1290 or Irving) mention that Richards had dealt with concussions playing university ball .. not saying that's what this injury is .. have no idea what's keeping him out of the lineup to be honest .. but I have heard similar things.

How could he have gotten a concussion after 2 days of rookie camp?

I'd read something before about possible hammy pull because he had a bit of history with those as well. Matches up with the "lower body injury" thing, as well. Either way...the kid will get his chance to show what he can do, in time. 

I'd read something before about possible hammy pull because he had a bit of history with those as well. Matches up with the "lower body injury" thing, as well. Either way...the kid will get his chance to show what he can do, in time.

That would make a lot more sense than a concussion.

Especially since some have said it's a lower body issue.  You don't get a concussion in your a$$.  :)

I'm sure he's injured. One day morphed into a day or two, morphed into a few days, morphed into reporters not asking the question anymore. We'll see him when we see him. Who knows when that will be.

Yes, right you are, I stand corrected.

Again, I'm not suggesting that this IS what it is .. just confirming that I've heard he's dealt with this in the past .. that said, concussions are tricky things .. if you have a history of concussions .. something seemingly innocuous can trigger symptoms .. but the kicker is that every person responds differently .. hell, it's not even big shots that guys have to worry about .. it's repeated small blows that add up, over time, that cause damage. 

I *WILL* repeat myself .. not suggesting Richards is dealing with a concussion .. just confirming that I've heard the same thing as another poster.

Actually that was about Richardson... DE who went off with a knee(?) injury.

Well, if you add a son to Richards then....

Well, if you add a son to Richards then....

he would be talking about Richards' kid

Again, I'm not suggesting that this IS what it is .. just confirming that I've heard he's dealt with this in the past .. that said, concussions are tricky things .. if you have a history of concussions .. something seemingly innocuous can trigger symptoms .. but the kicker is that every person responds differently .. hell, it's not even big shots that guys have to worry about .. it's repeated small blows that add up, over time, that cause damage. 

I *WILL* repeat myself .. not suggesting Richards is dealing with a concussion .. just confirming that I've heard the same thing as another poster.

I heard one reporter (think it was Tait, but possibly Wiecek) on the radio saying that he wasn't even participating in stationary catching drills for 4-5 days, then getting only underhand tosses from Howell, and it struck the reporter that this looked suspiciously like he was going through the week-long post-concussion protocol regimen. Again, only second-hand heresay, so take that for its limited worth.

all I know is that Marve definately won't be one of them, considering the game he played last night (hope he shows the same results in regular season)

For all the love Marve gets on this board, the repeated message from the media and what the coaches tell them is that Brohm has basically been locked into the #2 position barring some major collapse, and with Marve flat out saying he's leaving for the NFL next year, I can't fathom the club using up what amounts to a developmental roster spot on a guy who wants to bolt at season's end. I know his scrambling and enthusiasm score big on the emotional love scale from the fans, but keeping him doesn't seem to be the logical move unless he's the clear #2 and pushing for top spot, which by all accounts from those who make the decisions, he isn't.

That would make a lot more sense than a concussion.

Especially since some have said it's a lower body issue.  You don't get a concussion in your a$$.  :)

Yes, because we all know that teams are forthcoming about concussion injuries these days (remember Buck Pierce?).......

Big lawsuits against both leagues make it imperative that teams take their time with players suffering concussions and that's likely what's happening here. All it takes is one hit to suffer a concussion, especially if you've had a couple already, as was reported at the draft. Hopefully, that's not the problem with him, but it sure looks that way.