UFA and RFA

Ducky

TSN legal analyst Eric Macramalla shed some light on the matter and said on TSN 1200’s “The Drive” in Ottawa that Richards was involved in an issue at the border.

NBC’s Pierre McGuire also confirmed something happened at a border crossing.

On TSN 690 in Montreal, McGuirre said he had a “broken heart” over what happened. When host Mitch Melnick said he heard it was something that happened at a border crossing, McGuire agreed and said that was “correct.”

“I’m not going to talk about it until it’s made public. I have a pretty good idea of what is happening,” McGuire said.

***Dont want to speculate, but Im getting the sinking feeling this is something pretty awful...

It could be.  I mean that would be the obvious thing.  but caught with drugs would be a pretty easy arrest not this mysterious "investigation" and the way the media is talking, the sports media seem to be unwilling to discuss what the investigation pertains to even though so many are claiming to know what it is.  That leads to some speculation about some other things one might get caught with at the border that could trigger a wider RCMP investigation. 

Rick Westhead @rwesthead 5h5 hours ago

Lots speculated about Mike Richards. But…RCMP in BC, Alberta and Manitoba confirm no charges filed v the NHL player & none pending

Rick Westhead @rwesthead 48m48 minutes ago

Rick Westhead retweeted Katie Strang

.@KatieStrangESPN reports CBSA and RCMP continuing criminal investigation of NHLer Mike Richards.

Rick Westhead @rwesthead 2m2 minutes ago

RCMP spox in Winnipeg corrects Monday statement. Says she misheard q re: Mike Richards and cannot confirm/deny if he faces pending charges

Spector's Hockey retweeted

The Alex Semin buyout is a pretty big one -- $14M paid over six years -- but the #hurricanes aren't a cap team.

Spector's Hockey @SpectorsHockey 14m14 minutes ago

#Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/30/bruins-are-talking-to-teams-about-savard-but-not-rask/  via @ProHockeyTalk

Spector's Hockey @SpectorsHockey 5m5 minutes ago

#NHLPanthers have placed Brad Boyes on waivers for the purpose of a buyout.

Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC 59m59 minutes ago

Hodgson and Stalberg clear.

Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC 50m50 minutes ago

Today was the last day to put a player on buyout waivers. Teams who have arbitration cases will have another window later in the summer.

Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC 19m19 minutes ago

Hmmmmm...SJ hiring a new goalie coach, too. Hear Johan Hedberg will be there.

Elliotte Friedman retweeted

#Habs agree to terms on a two-year contract with forward Brian Flynn. DETAILS -> http://goha.bs/1Iqqfaa  #GoHabsGo

Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC 1m1 minute ago

SJ/BOS trade is Jones for a first-rounder in 2016 and Sean Kuraly, an unsigned prospect

Any interest in Cody Hodgson?  Center but could possibly play RW on the 3rd line.

Here's the thing, Hodgson played for the Moose for a couple seasons so the Jets would know him well, particularly Zinger and Chipman, If they pass on him, it's for good reason. I think they will pass on him too. I don't see much interest there. 

As for the Mike Richards thing, Drugs is the best guess but who knows, don't really want to speculate, it could be anything really, weapons, drugs,whatever... Name it and it could be it... 

Guys got tons of money so generally it seems that people with lots of money can get away with certain things. It's gotta be pretty bad if the Kings decided to terminate his contract, you know they did that knowing whatever the reason he was busted for is a valid one for sure. 

Any interest in Cody Hodgson?  Center but could possibly play RW on the 3rd line.

Here's the thing, Hodgson played for the Moose for a couple seasons so the Jets would know him well, particularly Zinger and Chipman, If they pass on him, it's for good reason. I think they will pass on him too. I don't see much interest there. 

Very good point.  If hes available cheap he might be worth a reclamation project.  But they might see, all things being equal, put Armia or someone there.  Also, presumably Burmi signs.  If Stafford does too, the Right Side is complete.

I dunno, Apparently Hodgson is one of those guys that might have some attitude issues, I think The Jets would stay far away  from guys like that.. It's part of the reason that i'm not convinced burmistrov will be back too, they might bring him back if his attitude is in check but if it's not, they might sign and then trade him. It's hard to say. Think the Jets are high on character and I'm not sure Hodgson fits that profile exactly. Some talk that he had an attitude issue going all the way back to the Moose days. 

I think he was playing 4th line minutes but regardless, perhaps that big contract he got, went to his head, it wouldn't be the first player and it wont be the last player that has happened too. Hodgson was a really solid prospect at one point, he's still pretty young so maybe i'd take a flyer on him, maybe on a 2 way deal (doubt he accepts that tho) cuz if the kid ever did get his head back on straight and actually lived up to his hype, he could be very good. But like many b4 and no doubt many after, i think that ship might have sailed and Hodgson is what he is.