UFA and RFA

Ducky

My trade was fair value for Hall.

Don't forget I said a 1st rounder too.

Deadmonton has a year to sign Buff to an extension.

Buff will have all those young goal scorers to play with...lotsa PP time.

Good in the locker room...good hunting for him around that area too.

Stu can help out on the D on the 3rd pairing and good in locker room. 

The Jets get a star LW to play with Scheifele for the next 5 years at 6m a year.

It leaves the Jets with two places to fill on D but it makes the team stronger and a better team looking to the future.

Maybe Morrisey makes the team and takes a spot on the left side. That leaves Trouba, Myers and Postma? on the RH side. Toby, Morrissey and Chiarot on the left?

Ladd-Wheeler-Little

Scheif-Hall-Armia?

Lowry-Stemp-Perreault

Copp-Thorbs-??Ehlers??

Ladd little Perreault

Stafford Scheif Wheeler

Ehlers Lowry ??/ARmia/Petan/STemp

Stempniak/Petan/Lemieux/Lipon Copp Thorbs

Toby Myers

Trouba Stuart

?? Morrissey/Chiarot

I think they trade buff this off season.

Ehlers on the 4th won't happen. What a waste really.

Isnt Stafford a "natural" RW?  ie. he prefers it?

Might we see:

Ladd-Little-Wheeler

Perrault-Scheif-Stafford

Ehlers-Lowry-Frolik

Stemp-Copp-Thorbs

I like Armia, but not sure how he makes the team over everyone ahead of him.  I wasnt sold on Frolik returning but his agent said today they are talking and Frolik wants to stay.  Worst case scenario, we lose both Stafford and Frolik and that opens the door for Armia.  If the Jets sign both guys, they likely need to shed some salary somewhere and that might be the highly paid guy who's 3rd on the RHD depth chart...

they likely need to shed some salary somewhere and that might be the highly paid guy who's 3rd on the RHD depth chart...

You keep saying this, about Byfuglien being 3rd on the RHD depth chart but it's not true.  Maybe next year it will be true.  Maybe it's true in your mind right now.  But Byfuglien played more minutes than Trouba in every playoff game, and even more than Myers at times.  So, until proven otherwise, Buff is not 3rd on anyone's depth chart except your own.

The Jets get a star LW to play with Scheifele for the next 5 years at 6m a year.

It leaves the Jets with two places to fill on D but it makes the team stronger and a better team looking to the future.

Maybe Morrisey makes the team and takes a spot on the left side. That leaves Trouba, Myers and Postma? on the RH side. Toby, Morrissey and Chiarot on the left?

Ladd-Wheeler-Little

Scheif-Hall-Armia?

Lowry-Stemp-Perreault

Copp-Thorbs-??Ehlers??

No it wasn't. The first round pick, well woopdeefrickindoo. One year of buff a first round pick and table scraps ain't enough to get the conversation started about Hall. You know what might get a conversation started? Meyers or Trouba. 

they likely need to shed some salary somewhere and that might be the highly paid guy who's 3rd on the RHD depth chart...

You keep saying this, about Byfuglien being 3rd on the RHD depth chart but it's not true.  Maybe next year it will be true.  Maybe it's true in your mind right now.  But Byfuglien played more minutes than Trouba in every playoff game, and even more than Myers at times.  So, until proven otherwise, Buff is not 3rd on anyone's depth chart except your own.

Game One:

Myers:  24:16

Buff:     20:51

Trouba:19:18

Game Two

Buff:   23:51

Myers: 21:26

Trouba: 20:21

Game Three:

Myers: 26:12

Buff: 21:27

Trouba: 20:29

Game Four:

Myers: 25:37

Buff:  25:52

Trouba:  16:15

Trouba broke his hand in game two.  In game one he and Buff were almost the same in time.  Once he broke his hand, his ice time dropped off.  Myers is clearly the top RHD.

But if we take common sense out of the equation, then yes, we should re-sign Buff for 6+ years and $6million+ because he played more minutes than Trouba in this year's playoffs. 

But if we take common sense out of the equation, then yes, we should re-sign Buff for 6+ years and $6million+ because he played more minutes than Trouba in this year's playoffs. 

Is that what I said you diva?  No it's not.  I said Buff is not 3rd on the depth chart and there is no evidence to the contrary.  And he didn't just play more in the playoffs, he played more all season.  Just because you wish something was true really, really hard, doesn't make it so.

Ok now let's hear some story about how you used to wrestle and the cops gave you a hard time and how that proves Buff is the 3rd pairing D.

You mean 17 is wrong? Shudder at the thought

I did say if you can get a first and a prospect that's about the best you can hope for, but keep in mind that first round picks are going to be harder to pry out of teams that aren't certain of their playoff spots going forward. With the changes to the draft lottery teams giving up potential lottery picks will be much less likely. 

Simply put Buff has a big salary and he does have some question marks about his work ethic. I'd take him but not for the premium some of you think he's worth. Edmonton doesn't have to give up their big pieces to plug a hole temporarily. You want one of those pieces offer something with some long term benefit to it. 

Is that what I said you diva?  No it's not.  I said Buff is not 3rd on the depth chart and there is no evidence to the contrary.  And he didn't just play more in the playoffs, he played more all season.  Just because you wish something was true really, really hard, doesn't make it so.

Ok now let's hear some story about how you used to wrestle and the cops gave you a hard time and how that proves Buff is the 3rd pairing D.

I love that you read every thing I write and yet are so angry and bitter! hahahahaha  It's what you implied.  If you have nothing to add, why bother?  I even went to the trouble of getting the information YOU mentioned.  Try common sense.  It might help with your poor attitude and make for a more enjoyable experience here.

By the way, next wrestling show is next Saturday May 30th.  I wont be wrestling, sorry to disappoint you, but you might enjoy the show since you're a fan.

You mean 17 is wrong? Shudder at the thought

I did say if you can get a first and a prospect that's about the best you can hope for, but keep in mind that first round picks are going to be harder to pry out of teams that aren't certain of their playoff spots going forward. With the changes to the draft lottery teams giving up potential lottery picks will be much less likely. 

Simply put Buff has a big salary and he does have some question marks about his work ethic. I'd take him but not for the premium some of you think he's worth. Edmonton doesn't have to give up their big pieces to plug a hole temporarily. You want one of those pieces offer something with some long term benefit to it. 

Certainly agree that Oilers arent going to give up a big piece for Buff with his contract as is.  In fact, they'd be wiser to struggle for another year and find the right young D that can grow with their team than pay big bucks for an aging inconsistent Buff.  But ridding the Jets of him if they dont intend to resign him is a net positive.

I love that you read every thing I write and yet are so angry and bitter! hahahahaha  It's what you implied.  If you have nothing to add, why bother?  I even went to the trouble of getting the information YOU mentioned.  Try common sense.  It might help with your poor attitude and make for a more enjoyable experience here.

By the way, next wrestling show is next Saturday May 30th.  I wont be wrestling, sorry to disappoint you, but you might enjoy the show since you're a fan.

Ha so basically you were wrong but just can't admit it.  Wonderful!  And I already have a very enjoyable experience here, thanks.

Ha so basically you were wrong but just can't admit it.  Wonderful!  And I already have a very enjoyable experience here, thanks.

Wrong about what?  You being a mature adult?  Well, yes I was.  Wrong about Buff?  I dont think so.  I mean, it comes down to opinion as most things in discussion forums do, right?  I posted the time on ice stats so I know Buff played more minutes than Trouba.  But When Chevy and Maurice put the names up on the whiteboard, is Buff ahead of Trouba?  I dont think so. 

His top end talent is better than Trouba's right now.  Trouba is far more consistent with far more upside over the next five years as Buff ages.  Contract situation is far better where Trouba is concerned. 

It would not surprise me to see the Jets keep Buff this season without an extension but I wouldnt want to see that.  Either pay him now, which I also would not like to see, or trade him now.  No point in dragging this one through the season.

I think reality is buff gets moved but I also think reality says the jets and oilers don't make good trade partners. I'm thinking Columbus who is dangling Kerby Rychel and possibly their first round pick for a d man is more likely.

I don't see the jets trading buff for a player with big salary. It makes no sense really. I think if they trade buff it will be for a prospect who can play now like a Rychel plus a first and that's more than fair value even if buff Is a 1 year rental. This last trade deadline proved that rental d men get a 1st and prospect.

Here's my proposal.

Buff Burmi to Columbus for Rychel Calvert and their first.

He didn't imply it, you inferred it. All he did was point out you're making up depth charts and arguing them as fact.

He didn't imply it, you inferred it. All he did was point out you're making up depth charts and arguing them as fact.

You believe Buff is ahead of Trouba on the depth chart for next season?  I dont.  Neither is a fact.  It's an opinion. 

Wrong about what?  You being a mature adult?  Well, yes I was.

Guilty as charged.

Wrong about Buff?  I dont think so.  I mean, it comes down to opinion as most things in discussion forums do, right? 

Not this.  Buff was ahead of Trouba on the depth chart to end the season.  Fact, not opinion.

But When Chevy and Maurice put the names up on the whiteboard, is Buff ahead of Trouba?  I dont think so. 

The numbers say otherwise.

His top end talent is better than Trouba's right now.  Trouba is far more consistent with far more upside over the next five years as Buff ages.  Contract situation is far better where Trouba is concerned. 

It would not surprise me to see the Jets keep Buff this season without an extension but I wouldnt want to see that.  Either pay him now, which I also would not like to see, or trade him now.  No point in dragging this one through the season.

No argument for any of this.  I agree.

Trouba's pretty inconsistent. He had some ugly games this season, he just got more of a pass for it b/c he's still really young.

There's no question in my mind Trouba is more valuable to us long term, but I think the question is more "why can't we have both?" It's hard to argue this property b/c we have no idea what he's asking for, or what the Jets are willing to give him.

Ladd-Wheeler-Little

Scheif-Hall-Armia?

Lowry-Stemp-Perreault

Copp-Thorbs-??Ehlers??

No it wasn't. The first round pick, well woopdeefrickindoo. One year of buff a first round pick and table scraps ain't enough to get the conversation started about Hall. You know what might get a conversation started? Meyers or Trouba. 

I wouldn't trade Trouba straight up for Hall.

Myers and a 3rd for Hall is fair but Deadmonton would be better off with Buff and Stu in the locker room and the 1st rounder...they need some backbone on that team. They will certainly be making a trade for one or more D men and I am thinking one will be an offensive minded one.

Ladd-Wheeler-Little

Scheif-Hall-Armia?

Lowry-Stemp-Perreault

Copp-Thorbs-??Ehlers??

I wouldn't trade Trouba straight up for Hall.

Myers and a 3rd for Hall is fair but Deadmonton would be better off with Buff and Stu in the locker room and the 1st rounder...they need some backbone on that team. They will certainly be making a trade for one or more D men and I am thinking one will be an offensive minded one.

That's fine you wouldn't trade Trouba straight up for Hall, but Edmonton isn't trading a guy like Hall for a poor return. You want a young player who has already been top 10 in scoring twice you gotta give up something that hurts to give up. He is an elite forward, the cost is big considering he's on a good contract long term. 

If you think Chevy would trade Myers who he just got who is on a darn good contract, who fits the youth and age of the team, you are crazy. It won't happen. Myers isn't being traded, it just won't happen. Of all the guys who would be traded, Myers,Trouba are untouchables to the JETS because they are players they actually got themselves, one via trade, one via draft... 2 young big Right Handed D men, the right side of the D will be solid for many years to come with those 2 plus you got a young Jan Kostalek who is looking damn good in the Q right now and will be with the Moose next season. Stuart, man the guy is pretty untouchable too, it doesn't matter what the fans think about stuart, it matters what the team thinks and they think very highly of him, he's a leader, he's a perfect example of what the young guys should be like in the community and on the ice for that matter, sacrificing himself for the team always. STU is going nowhere. That leaves Buff and Toby really as trade bait on D.. one has a no move clause and is our only legit LHD right now, one has 1 year remaining and will want big money.. it's pretty obvious who gets traded if a trade happens, it's buff, no and if's or buffs about it really. 

Hall isn't happening, Myers being a d man, his value is much higher than that of a forward. As much as a couple Edmonton fans may want to think, Hall isn't as valuable because quite simply he's a winger, it's pretty easy to draft and find your own wingers, if he was a center, it would be a different story but he's a winger.

D men have way more value than Wingers, regardless of how good they are. 

I don't get this thinking they would trade buff for a guy who makes the same as him, why would they, why not just sign buff instead? 

Myers,Trouba,Wheeler,Scheif,Lowry, I'm gonna go ahead and put Ladd and Little in there too.. <--- untouchables. The rest are probably fair game unless they are high ranked prospects like Helle,Comrie,Kostalek even,Morrissey,Petan,Ehlers,Copp... These are the untouchables of the team really.... so in my opinion, if you are looking to move out one of the "untouchables", the return would have to be a massive overpayment on the other teams part. The Jets are a draft and develop team, they are young, they will get younger too, They are setting themselves up not just for the now but for the future too, to trade someone who will be around in 5 10 years from now over guys who will be retired in 5 years, it's not happening.