Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Since F N F has gone over the top the movies have been making a tonne of money.   I'm just curious how this one does without Statham and The Rock.....  

Agreed... John Cena ain't Rocky Maivia, that's for sure....

Saw Bad Boys For Life on Saturday...thought it was just okay. I liked the second one a lot better. I'm not sure I like the idea of Will Smith being "old man fish out of water" and a bunch of young kids calling him Gramps....I dunno. Something off putting about that.

12 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Saw Dr Sleep last night.  Really likes it. Especially liked the scenes at the hotel.  Would have preferred a different version of Jack though. He was okay. But get Nicholson and de-age. Or Christian Slater!

Really?  I finished watching it last night and just thought it was meh.  Just felt like the bad guys were taken out way too easily.  And the story just felt like it didn't fit into the Shining universe.  But then, the Shining wasn't really done the way King wanted it so...

4 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

Really?  I finished watching it last night and just thought it was meh.  Just felt like the bad guys were taken out way too easily.  And the story just felt like it didn't fit into the Shining universe.  But then, the Shining wasn't really done the way King wanted it so...

Yeah it wasnt a ten.  But I thought it was well acted, well produced etc.  Their shining powers were a bit all over the place.  If it didnt have the connection to The Shining I probably wouldnt have liked it.  As a big Shining fan, I really enjoyed that aspect.

Im sure it was tough for the people making it for the reason you mentioned.  King hated the Jack Nicholson film.  And Dr Sleep novel was a sequel to The Shining novel not the film.  But in making the film, they clearly made the Shining aspects look like the film.  I think it would have been pretty cool to see Jack in it, de-aged.  Or like I said, Christian Slater might have been an inspired choice lol.  But otherwise, it was pretty neat.

Im surprised a Hollywood sequel hadnt been made already that has some stoner inheriting the hotel and taking his 20-something friends to re-open it for a weekend of drugs, drinking and sex only to awaken the spirits.  Hi-jinx ensue. 

12 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Yeah it wasnt a ten.  But I thought it was well acted, well produced etc.  Their shining powers were a bit all over the place.  If it didnt have the connection to The Shining I probably wouldnt have liked it.  As a big Shining fan, I really enjoyed that aspect.

Im sure it was tough for the people making it for the reason you mentioned.  King hated the Jack Nicholson film.  And Dr Sleep novel was a sequel to The Shining novel not the film.  But in making the film, they clearly made the Shining aspects look like the film.  I think it would have been pretty cool to see Jack in it, de-aged.  Or like I said, Christian Slater might have been an inspired choice lol.  But otherwise, it was pretty neat.

Im surprised a Hollywood sequel hadnt been made already that has some stoner inheriting the hotel and taking his 20-something friends to re-open it for a weekend of drugs, drinking and sex only to awaken the spirits.  Hi-jinx ensue. 

Agree.  All the actors did a good job.  I would have liked to see the actors de-aged as well.  Especially the Jack character.  I mean they didn't even try to make it sound like him.

2 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

Agree.  All the actors did a good job.  I would have liked to see the actors de-aged as well.  Especially the Jack character.  I mean they didn't even try to make it sound like him.

That was the part that jarred me.  We see his hands and we assume its Lloyd (i think was his name in the original) and then when Danny refers to him as his dad, its like ohhhhhh, but it doesnt sound like him.  But I was waiting for a wider shot and sudden reveal of it being Jack.  Actor looked enough like him but still, that voice was no good.  Didnt even have the right inflection.  The actor playing the wife was pretty good though.  And the dude playing the "Caretaker" was spot on...looked identical. lol

Edited by The Unknown Poster

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

That would have made money!

17 hours ago, Noeller said:

Saw Bad Boys For Life on Saturday...thought it was just okay. I liked the second one a lot better. I'm not sure I like the idea of Will Smith being "old man fish out of water" and a bunch of young kids calling him Gramps....I dunno. Something off putting about that.

**** those kids.

7 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Interesting.  It has received pretty good reviews but is under-performing.  I do wonder if the idea of it as a female-led cast (not entirely) is keeping the male fanboys away.  Or if its just little demand for a Harley Quin film.

36 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Interesting.  It has received pretty good reviews but is under-performing.  I do wonder if the idea of it as a female-led cast (not entirely) is keeping the male fanboys away.  Or if its just little demand for a Harley Quin film.

Suicide squad sucked, why would people flock to this one?