Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

Ive never bought tickets this far in advance.  I have bought tickets a few days in advance for an opening of a film I was interested in.  But my desire to secure my tickets now is probably 50/50 me wanting to see the movie as soon as possible and the fact its an historic event in films and a global phenomenon and I dont really want to be inundated all weekend with chitter chatter about it....might as well see it myself and not have to worry.

Im a Spoiler junkie and I think LucasFilms has done a masterful job managing this film.  JJ is a secrecy nut to his own detriment (Khan) but they've taken the approach of releasing just enough to satisfy people without going over board.  And they seem more honest about speculation too.  I saw JJ even admit they are keeping the last names of two characters purposely vague for a reason, which exposes that they are surely of a familiar lineage. 

They've built up anticipation with how they've managed information.  For example, if this was 25 years ago they might have kept it secret that Mark Hamil is in it...he has not appeared in trailers or posters and no mention of him exists other than their confirmation (and photo) of him as part of the cast.  So we know hes in it but they are being vague for a reason (I think I know why).  And that excites me.

Ive never bought tickets this far in advance.  I have bought tickets a few days in advance for an opening of a film I was interested in.  But my desire to secure my tickets now is probably 50/50 me wanting to see the movie as soon as possible and the fact its an historic event in films and a global phenomenon and I dont really want to be inundated all weekend with chitter chatter about it....might as well see it myself and not have to worry.

Im a Spoiler junkie and I think LucasFilms has done a masterful job managing this film.  JJ is a secrecy nut to his own detriment (Khan) but they've taken the approach of releasing just enough to satisfy people without going over board.  And they seem more honest about speculation too.  I saw JJ even admit they are keeping the last names of two characters purposely vague for a reason, which exposes that they are surely of a familiar lineage. 

They've built up anticipation with how they've managed information.  For example, if this was 25 years ago they might have kept it secret that Mark Hamil is in it...he has not appeared in trailers or posters and no mention of him exists other than their confirmation (and photo) of him as part of the cast.  So we know hes in it but they are being vague for a reason (I think I know why).  And that excites me.

There's also his voiceover in the teasers.

I haven't bought my tickets yet because my friends can't decide what show time they want to go to... they need to make up their minds quick or I'm going on my own! lol

I was going to take the day off and pull my kids from school to go see this, but I decided against it.  My co-worker and I are going at 4:30 on Friday.  Now I need to figure out when I'm going again with my kids.

Yes...I'm one of those people.  Although I probably will only see it twice in the theater.

I was going to take the day off and pull my kids from school to go see this, but I decided against it.  My co-worker and I are going at 4:30 on Friday.  Now I need to figure out when I'm going again with my kids.

Yes...I'm one of those people.  Although I probably will only see it twice in the theater.

I watched Star Trek: Generations ten times in the theater when I was a kid.  WTF was I thinking?!

Probably will watch Star Wars twice if its good.  First time to be blown away and fully immersed and second time to look for Easter eggs and things I might have missed.  Plus, Im front row of IMAX 3D so I might want to see it a few rows back later on.

He's #2 among actors names in the poster but yes missing from tbe poster itself for some reason.

So a ton of Superman V Batman news making the rounds and I assume will continue until the movie hits.  Has anyone read the crazy speculation about a major plot twist?  I saw it on FB.  Its a long read and Im not sure the writer is proficient in english.  Anyway, Im tempted to post the highlights as crazy as they are but if they are true they are insane spoilers...

So a ton of Superman V Batman news making the rounds and I assume will continue until the movie hits.  Has anyone read the crazy speculation about a major plot twist?  I saw it on FB.  Its a long read and Im not sure the writer is proficient in english.  Anyway, Im tempted to post the highlights as crazy as they are but if they are true they are insane spoilers...

Are you talking about that idiot that thinks Bruce Wayne is actually Slade Wilson aka Deathstroke?  After what I've read today, that's not what happens.  People would flip and be so confused.

Are you talking about that idiot that thinks Bruce Wayne is actually Slade Wilson aka Deathstroke?  After what I've read today, that's not what happens.  People would flip and be so confused.

I guess we're not worried about spoilers then...lol  Yes thats what Im talking about and yes I believe it to be 100% not true.  Just a guy with too much time on his hands.  But the clues he finds are pretty fun.  He thinks Christian Bale shows up as the "real" Batman.

I do like the idea of Deathstroke though.  He'd be a great DC Universe film character.  I also like the idea of Heath Ledger's joker existing in this new Ben Affleck universe and Jared Leto's Joker being a deranged former Robin.

I keep seeing the Robin costume shown in the trailer as belonging to Jason Todd but has that actually been confirmed anywhere?  Why would they skip **** Grayson and go to a much lesser known Robin?  Unless Grayson makes an appearance but then you have to explain Nightwing etc.

Also sounds like Ben Affleck is the Robert Downey of the DC films, appearing in Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman.

**** Grayson was original Robin who became Nightwing

Jason Todd was as Robin batman discovered stealing tires off the bat mobile. Jason was killed by the Joker in the Death in the Family storyline where comic fans could vote using 1-800 numbers as to whether Robin lived or died.

Tim Drake was third Robin, a kid who figured out Batman's identity and decided the newly violent and living on the edge Batman needed a Robin for balance. Nightwing was involved in that storyline too.