Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

OMG I'm glad they didn't push it to May 4.  I NEEDS IT NOW!!!!  But I do get why they want it there seeing as how most of them were released around that date.

I'm thinking JJ doesn't have as much free reign as he says, he probably is saying that just to save face.  I'm sure they have a plan for all 3 movies so he has to follow that plan.  I'm sure he was allowed some free reign to do certain things, but not to do whatever he wanted.  You can only bend a story so far without it breaking the whole story.  I love Star Trek, but I think they were desperate to get something to work so he was allowed to mess around with things a lot more and do whatever he wanted.

OMG I'm glad they didn't push it to May 4.  I NEEDS IT NOW!!!!  But I do get why they want it there seeing as how most of them were released around that date.

I'm thinking JJ doesn't have as much free reign as he says, he probably is saying that just to save face.  I'm sure they have a plan for all 3 movies so he has to follow that plan.  I'm sure he was allowed some free reign to do certain things, but not to do whatever he wanted.  You can only bend a story so far without it breaking the whole story.  I love Star Trek, but I think they were desperate to get something to work so he was allowed to mess around with things a lot more and do whatever he wanted.

He was careful to say "they" let them make the film they wanted but "they" was Disney.  And the "them" that made the film they wanted was LucasFilm.  Abrams did as Kennedy directed.  Which is the way it should be.  JJ is talented but sometimes these guys with talent think it means they can write, direct, produce when it means they can maybe do one of those things.

Star Trek 2009 was decent as far as a "reboot" but STID was awful.  And Trek 3 (Beyond) could go either way.  They fired their writer and director (Orci) pretty late in the game after he submitted two stories.  And the new writer (Simon Pegg) recently said the studio refused to allow them to see Orci's scripts.  There is some oddness going on. 

Latino Review

On Monday, October 19, Star Wars fans will finally see the trailer for “Star Wars: The Force Awakens”. Fans will also be able to pre-order tickets for the December 18th release date. The online debut will be the only trailer that will be released for the Stars Wars installment. The trailer is also rumored to appear on Monday Night Football on ESPN.

Look for the full length Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer during the Monday Night Football game tonight.

Also:

The Star Wars Marathon Event is the ultimate fan experience. All seven movies. One epic journey. Guests will see each of the six previously released Star Wars episodes in digital 2D beginning with The Phantom Menace and concluding with the opening of Star Wars: The Force Awakens in 3D! Guests will also receive a lanyard featuring exclusive marathon art. Coming December 17.

However, no Winnipeg theater's partaking, which is bunk in my humble opinion.

SCOTIABANK THEATRE TORONTO Toronto, ON

SCOTIABANK THEATRE VANCOUVER Vancouver, BC

CINEMA BANQUE SCOTIA MONTREAL Montreal, QC

CINEPLEX ODEON SOUTH EDMONTON Edmonton, AB

SCOTIABANK THEATRE CHINOOK Calgary, AB

LANDMARK CINEMAS 24 KANATA Kanata, ON

I love Star Wars but to sit thru that marathon? No thanks considering I've seen all the previous releases multiple times. But SW geeks can't get enough, I guess & good for them.

I'd consider it.  Just to see them on the big screen again.  But even then, the first two are tough to sit through.

Buddy and I have said we for sure want to watch the films before the new one but while I want to watch all six, he wants to start with A New Hope.

As far as marathons go, Im considering the Back to the Future marathon this weekend.

Here's a link to the new OFFICIAL poster for Star Wars.  Not sure how to post the image here.

http://www.latino-review.com/news/the-official-poster-for-star-wars-the-force-awakens-is-here

Interesting.  Some sort of contraption that certainly invokes the Death Star (would be hilarious if the Empire, or New Order as its called, tries to build another one) and no Luke, which makes sense from a story-telling perspective if the speculation is correct.  I can envision the next film's poster with a very prominent Luke on it though...

@Logan

Thanks for posting.

Its a sharp poster.  Knowing some of the spoilers the Starkiller seems like the natural evolution from Death Star.  Im surprised they'd use a similar idea though rather than wanting to be fresher with the story.  I like it though, assuming its well written, because I like continuity. 

1 - 3 you need to watch where you can FF over the dialogue between Anakin and Padme. It's the only way they are bearable. Then watch 4-6 in full.

Lucas really exposed himself as an awful writer.  And without his wife to edit, there was no one to make sense of his nonsense.  Portman is a good actress and she was dreadful.

1 - 3 you need to watch where you can FF over the dialogue between Anakin and Padme. It's the only way they are bearable. Then watch 4-6 in full.

Lucas really exposed himself as an awful writer.  And without his wife to edit, there was no one to make sense of his nonsense.  Portman is a good actress and she was dreadful.

I actually heard recently that he actually tried to get Lawrence Kasdan to do some re-writes on the stories and he said no.

Lucas really exposed himself as an awful writer. And without his wife to edit, there was no one to make sense of his nonsense. Portman is a good actress and she was dreadful.

I actually heard recently that he actually tried to get Lawrence Kasdan to do some re-writes on the stories and he said no.

Then Kasdan is a smart man. While he would have made the dialogue better the stories were awful. They'd have to chuck them and start over.

Interestingly that's what they did with The For e Awakens when they brought Kasdan on board.