Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

2 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

And the original transforming sound! Amazing!

Finally, they get it.  Make the live action look and sound and feel like the awesome cartoon that started the transformers craze in the first place.  make the transformers recognizable.  Make the action scenes actually visible.  Make the voices coherent.

I think I saw Shockwave too.  The jet that looks like Starscream apparently isnt Starscream.  But he'd have been an excellent villain (lead up to re-introducing a recognizable Megatron).  The actor that played Starscream died, but find a sound alike.  Excellent character.

20 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

The second Transformer I owned. 

The best one....

"Ravage... Eject"

It was like one kid every year would get it. And it’s the one we all wanted. 

Many prized transformer was...I think it’s called Six Shot. Transformed into six things.  Also had Headmaster Optimus but never had original Optimus.

by the way original Transformers animated film is playing tomorrow at McGill theatres. 

19 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

It was like one kid every year would get it. And it’s the one we all wanted. 

Many prized transformer was...I think it’s called Six Shot. Transformed into six things.  Also had Headmaster Optimus but never had original Optimus.

by the way original Transformers animated film is playing tomorrow at McGill theatres. 

I got Soundwave from Santa in grade 4.... it paid to keep believing in Santa. Lol

I just recently watched the OG Transformer movie with my kids and Nephew- they really enjoyed it.... and yes I did get choked up when Optimus died.

I think this news really flew over my head, I guess I'm that excited for Bohemian Rhapsody

and apparently this flew over my head too....you know when I was watching that Nat Geo 80s doc on youtube I had said that it's a shame that the shuttle exploded I would have loved to have seen what she would have taught while in space (because hey it would have ended up on youtube eventually had the disaster not happened)

Go Home Hollywood you're drunk

Edited by iHeart

19 hours ago, iHeart said:

I think this news really flew over my head, I guess I'm that excited for Bohemian Rhapsody

and apparently this flew over my head too....you know when I was watching that Nat Geo 80s doc on youtube I had said that it's a shame that the shuttle exploded I would have loved to have seen what she would have taught while in space (because hey it would have ended up on youtube eventually had the disaster not happened)

Go Home Hollywood you're drunk

Yeah, for some reason this one doesn't thrill me as much as the Bohemian Rhapsody one does.

wtf....dance dance revolution the movie.  They're really reaching there aren't they?  This feels like another emoji movie.

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Im super intrigued by the Challenger film.  I was 10 years old and watched it live early that morning.  I wonder if they will include events within the shuttle after the explosion (apparently they lived until hitting the water).

What I was told by an engineer (during Mini-U, no less) was that the cockpit/capsule was so well built and the way the explosion happened, that the crew was alive until the impact with the water. He said there was audio as it made its descent. 

Just now, JCon said:

What I was told by an engineer (during Mini-U, no less) was that the cockpit/capsule was so well built and the way the explosion happened, that the crew was alive until the impact with the water. He said there was audio as it made its descent. 

Thats been the big debate.  Snopes debunks the audio tape story saying the systems went offline (the last thing heard was "oh no" by the pilot.  3 or 4 of the emergency air packs were turned on so we know for certain, they survived.  The official story is that they cant be certain what caused death but its likely they all survived the explosion, but the question is whether they lost consciousness.

Apparently 3 of the air packs were never found (after smashing when they hit the water).  I believe it was 3 were activated (has to be done manually) and one was intact but not activated.  That points to a loss of consciousness by some of the crew or else that 4th air pack would have been activated.

The rumoured "tape" doesnt ring true to me.  It sounds far too panicked to me.  I mean, sure they knew they were finished and it was a long nearly 3 minutes, but professional military/pilots etc would be working the problem and relaying information...in my opinion.  But who knows.

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Thats been the big debate.  Snopes debunks the audio tape story saying the systems went offline (the last thing heard was "oh no" by the pilot.  3 or 4 of the emergency air packs were turned on so we know for certain, they survived.  The official story is that they cant be certain what caused death but its likely they all survived the explosion, but the question is whether they lost consciousness.

Apparently 3 of the air packs were never found (after smashing when they hit the water).  I believe it was 3 were activated (has to be done manually) and one was intact but not activated.  That points to a loss of consciousness by some of the crew or else that 4th air pack would have been activated.

The rumoured "tape" doesnt ring true to me.  It sounds far too panicked to me.  I mean, sure they knew they were finished and it was a long nearly 3 minutes, but professional military/pilots etc would be working the problem and relaying information...in my opinion.  But who knows.

So, from what I remember, I was told that the recording was done in Houston and that it only included moans ans screaming/crying. I honestly have tried to put the thought out of my head so could be conflating different things. What a horrifying experience. 

I would imagine that the explosion would have knocked everyone out and maybe later on some might have begun to regain consciousness. 

I guess we'll have to wait until NASA releases the file. 

In the meantime, I'll go read Snopes to put my mind at ease. 

7 minutes ago, JCon said:

So, from what I remember, I was told that the recording was done in Houston and that it only included moans ans screaming/crying. I honestly have tried to put the thought out of my head so could be conflating different things. What a horrifying experience. 

I would imagine that the explosion would have knocked everyone out and maybe later on some might have begun to regain consciousness. 

I guess we'll have to wait until NASA releases the file. 

In the meantime, I'll go read Snopes to put my mind at ease. 

NASA was super secretive at the time but it seems the official line is that yeah, they almost assuredly were alive and conscious after the explosion and it wouldnt even have been that bad (a hard jolt).  So the question is whether they fell unconscious immediately due to lack of oxygen.  Since at least 3 air packs were activated, we know very likely 3 were conscious the entire trip down.

I also read that the explosion would have caused their oxygen feed to their suits to stop (hence need for emergency air pack) but if the capsule was not punctured at all, they'd need only life their masks off to breath the oxygen contained in the capsule.

4 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

So...what's the point in having a movie about a vice president?  Just curious as I don't really follow politics.

You can google **** Cheney...or read his wiki page.  He was a very powerful VP and many people "credit" him with the push for war in the middle east, enhanced interrogation etc.  Some people feel he was pulling Bush's strings.  He served many roles in his many years in government.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Im super intrigued by the Challenger film.  I was 10 years old and watched it live early that morning.  I wonder if they will include events within the shuttle after the explosion (apparently they lived until hitting the water).

What's crazy is that parachutes were never a thought at the time. Course right afterwards they wore them.

4 hours ago, Logan007 said:

Yeah, for some reason this one doesn't thrill me as much as the Bohemian Rhapsody one does.

wtf....dance dance revolution the movie.  They're really reaching there aren't they?  This feels like another emoji movie.

well how long was an Elton John biopic in development hell compared to any possible Queen or Freddie Mercury biopic (yeah at one point Sasha Baron Cohen was attached to it but that went nowhere)

Honestly? I don't think Lilo and Stitch should be touched, it was one of the few good movies in the latter years of the Eisner era (but I have to admit though it had a great marketing campaign, hell I actually joked that the real reason they stopped making hand drawn animated films was because Stitch kept crashing the "sets" and the brother bear outtakes kind of prove it)

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/lilo-stitch-live-action-disney-remake-works-1148811

29 minutes ago, iHeart said:

so.....speaking of which why didn't Columbia's crew have parachutes on them?

They did afaik

29 minutes ago, iHeart said:

oh wait dumb question, the shuttle disintegrated on reentry, those would have been useless

In this case yes.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

25 minutes ago, iHeart said:

so.....speaking of which why didn't Columbia's crew have parachutes on them? oh wait dumb question, the shuttle disintegrated on reentry, those would have been useless

The moment they decided to re-enter, that crew was doomed.  Their only hope was for mission control to accept the heat shield was damaged and work on a rescue mission.  They didnt have a back up shuttle ready though so it would have been very difficult.  As I recall, they could have got to the space station and received a re-supply ship to provide additional needs.  But they would have been up there a long time waiting for NASA to prepare a rescue shuttle.  Although, thats better than burning to death on re-entry.