Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

On 2022-12-27 at 10:56 AM, Piggy 1 said:

Thats on my list to watch..........

Well I didn't make it to the end. I thought it was awful. I went out of my way to watch it because Norton is in it, and he's great 

But I thought it was bad. Maybe the ending was spectacular? I dunno

The menu was worth watching 

37 minutes ago, CodyT said:

Well I didn't make it to the end. I thought it was awful. I went out of my way to watch it because Norton is in it, and he's great 

But I thought it was bad. Maybe the ending was spectacular? I dunno

The menu was worth watching 

Damnit ,here i was gonna watch it tonight......

I suspected as much... without Chad Boseman, they're ******. The grand irony is the perfect replacement (MBJ) was killed off in the first movie. I'm going to give Feige a chance with Ant Man onward to see if there's actually something here in this next phase, but I'm fairly certain the whole thing should have just ended with End Game. Nothing since, barring a few of the TV shows featuring former movie characters, has been any good, IMO. 

On 2023-02-04 at 12:20 PM, Noeller said:

I suspected as much... without Chad Boseman, they're ******. The grand irony is the perfect replacement (MBJ) was killed off in the first movie. I'm going to give Feige a chance with Ant Man onward to see if there's actually something here in this next phase, but I'm fairly certain the whole thing should have just ended with End Game. Nothing since, barring a few of the TV shows featuring former movie characters, has been any good, IMO. 

I feel bad that Michael Jai White has never made it big.

watched Black Panther last night....really enjoyed it. It was a bit convoluted and hard to follow at times, but it was interesting and I always enjoy the stuff that is more "grounded" on earth than the space stuff. I had a REALLY hard time with Dr Strange 2 with all that was going on in that one...it was too much for me (and I'm concerned Ant Man 3 will be similar to that...) but anyhow, 1.5 thumbs up for Black Panther 2. Love that it was so female-driven, and especially females of colour. Fantastic to see.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

watched Black Panther last night....really enjoyed it. It was a bit convoluted and hard to follow at times, but it was interesting and I always enjoy the stuff that is more "grounded" on earth than the space stuff. I had a REALLY hard time with Dr Strange 2 with all that was going on in that one...it was too much for me (and I'm concerned Ant Man 3 will be similar to that...) but anyhow, 1.5 thumbs up for Black Panther 2. Love that it was so female-driven, and especially females of colour. Fantastic to see.

I'd hope they wouldn't of white wash the Black Panther series lol.  

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

I enjoyed it too. I was concerned where they would go with it what with the star of the franchise dying and all that, but I felt they handled it really well and the whole idea of they tried to open up to the world and the world just wanted to steal their resources was a nice touch. Then you throw in a good performance by the protagonist and you got something there. Thor would have been helped out immensely if they'd leaned into Christian Bale a lot more heavily and given him more screen time. 

4 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I enjoyed it too. I was concerned where they would go with it what with the star of the franchise dying and all that, but I felt they handled it really well and the whole idea of they tried to open up to the world and the world just wanted to steal their resources was a nice touch. Then you throw in a good performance by the protagonist and you got something there. Thor would have been helped out immensely if they'd leaned into Christian Bale a lot more heavily and given him more screen time. 

I agree with what's been posted. I was mostly concerned with how they would introduce Nemor and I thought they did a good job, consistent with the comics in terms with the complicated relationship they have with the surface people. 

IMO, Thor would have been helped out immensely if they cut back on the jokes and silliness. It's hard to take Thor seriously as a god, when it's all jokey jokey. 

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

IMO, Thor would have been helped out immensely if they cut back on the jokes and silliness. It's hard to take Thor seriously as a god, when it's all jokey jokey. 

So Ragnarok was one of my favourites and it was jokey as all hell. The difference between that and love and thunder is that in ragnarok they established Hela as a villain whereas Gor the God Butcher did all of his god butchering offscreen.... Give him some screen time to really establish him as a threat and your movie is instantly a lot better even with all the jokes. 

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

So Ragnarok was one of my favourites and it was jokey as all hell. The difference between that and love and thunder is that in ragnarok they established Hela as a villain whereas Gor the God Butcher did all of his god butchering offscreen.... Give him some screen time to really establish him as a threat and your movie is instantly a lot better even with all the jokes. 

You get Christian ******* Bale, one of the greatest actors of our generation, and you do virtually nothing with him?? Huge misstep for them and a big reason that movie was much worse than Ragnorok...

2 hours ago, JCon said:

I agree with what's been posted. I was mostly concerned with how they would introduce Nemor and I thought they did a good job, consistent with the comics in terms with the complicated relationship they have with the surface people. 

The last couple of Thor movies have been absolutely trash. The last one was entirely the fault of the director who openly admitted he had never researched the character in the two first movies or in the comics and decided to make it a comedy. I believe that Marvel/Disney lost a ton of money on the last one and Hemsworth was said to be very unhappy about the change of characterization and that played into his decision to step away from movies for at least a while.

27 minutes ago, Tracker said:

The last couple of Thor movies have been absolutely trash. 

Ragnorok was the best Thor and that's backed up by both critical reviews and fan reaction..... I mean, who didn't love Ragnorok?? Planet Hulk?? Jeff Goldblum doing Jeff Goldblum things?? 

The first Thor was really good and I feel massively underrated. Second Thor (Dark World) was not great, relative to the rest of the first two phases, but it's not as bad as people give it **** for. 

Edited by Noeller

21 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Ragnorok was the best Thor and that's backed up by both critical reviews and fan reaction..... I mean, who didn't love Ragnorok?? Planet Hulk?? Jeff Goldblum doing Jeff Goldblum things?? 

The first Thor was really good and I feel massively underrated. Second Thor (Dark World) was not great, relative to the rest of the first two phases, but it's not as bad as people give it **** for. 

The Dark World was almost as good as the first one (IMO) but Ragnarok was a giant step downward with Thor using contemporary phrases and misplaced humour attempts, not mention several glaring plot holes. Jeff Goldblum was a symptom of the degradation of the character and story line. And i still think Thor should have had the accent of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets TV Show.

5 minutes ago, JCon said:

Goldblum was an awesome Grandmaster. 

MCU is tightly controlled. No way Feige lets Taika do whatever he wants. I found Love & Thunder too silly but that's Taika. I think he took it too far. 

I'm struggling with this contradiction.

19 hours ago, Noeller said:

well, I'm just saying it's really awesome that this exists at all. On top of being a great movie, representation matters a lot. 

Representation and diversity meant a LOT to Stan Lee, so that comment nails it.

1 minute ago, Wideleft said:

I'm struggling with this contradiction.

How so? The plot and timeline are tightly controlled. Taika knows the material and Feige wouldn't let him stray from it.

But, Taika adding his own flair, within the confines of the MCU, made it silly, IMO. Ragnarok was balanced with enough serious Thor and silly Thor. I think he got the balance wrong in L&T and didn't allow Foster or Gorr really properly shine through. 

49 minutes ago, JCon said:

How so? The plot and timeline are tightly controlled. Taika knows the material and Feige wouldn't let him stray from it.

But, Taika adding his own flair, within the confines of the MCU, made it silly, IMO. Ragnarok was balanced with enough serious Thor and silly Thor. I think he got the balance wrong in L&T and didn't allow Foster or Gorr really properly shine through. 

Just trying to bust your chops a bit, but it would end up being a semantic argument, which I have no appetite for.

Edited by Wideleft