Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

54 minutes ago, Noeller said:

man, Anderson is such a weird dude....do not get those movies at all.......but that's a hell of a cast, to be sure. 

Watched "Free Guy" this weekend and really enjoyed it. Available for free on Disney+ right now...

My favorite Anderson film is still his first one - Bottle Rocket.  Much more accessible than most of the others.  I really don't think Rushmore or The Royal Tennenbaums are all that weird either.

Thought Free Guy was excellent as well.

Edited by Wideleft

48 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

My favorite Anderson film is still his first one - Bottle Rocket.  Much more accessible than most of the others.  I really don't think Rushmore or The Royal Tennenbaums are all that weird either.

Thought Free Guy was excellent as well.

I don't know if I've ever enjoyed a movie less than Tennenbaums. Stopped about half an hour into that one and went "what in the actual ****..." It's become a catchall phrase for us, as in "Well _______ is bad, but it's not 'Tennenbaum's Bad'..." 

11 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I don't know if I've ever enjoyed a movie less than Tennenbaums. Stopped about half an hour into that one and went "what in the actual ****..." It's become a catchall phrase for us, as in "Well _______ is bad, but it's not 'Tennenbaum's Bad'..." 

There is so much worse out there than that, but to each his own, I guess.  

29 minutes ago, Sard said:

I really enjoyed the Royan Tennenbaums the first time I saw it.  Went to watch it a 2nd time with a different group of friends and it wasn't nearly as good as I had remembered it.

Finally got around to seeing Knives Out this weekend.  It was entertaining.

really enjoyed that and am excited for the sequel...

19 hours ago, Sard said:

I really enjoyed the Royan Tennenbaums the first time I saw it.  Went to watch it a 2nd time with a different group of friends and it wasn't nearly as good as I had remembered it.

Finally got around to seeing Knives Out this weekend.  It was entertaining.

A lot of the entertainment value I get from Anderson films is in the surprises and asides in dialog.  Not a surprise that the second viewing would be less enjoyable.

giphy.gif