Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

• 2 weeks later...

The 9 biggest grievances in Ray Fisher's interview about Joss Whedon's "Justice League" misconduct
Details have emerged about the obstacles Ray Fisher, Gal Gadot & Jason Momoa faced on set & with the investigation

On Tuesday afternoon — after months of competing tweets and statements between actor Ray Fisher and WarnerMedia — The Hollywood Reporter released an in-depth bombshell of a story in which Fisher fully explains the alleged racist and abusive behavior he experienced on the set of 2017's "Justice League" at the hands of director Joss Whedon, as well as several studio executives, including producers Geoff Johns and Jon Berg. 

Fisher, who plays the character Cyborg in the film, first tweeted about Whedon's "gross, abusive, unprofessional, and completely unacceptable" behavior last summer (Whedon had taken over directing "Justice League" after the original director, Zack Snyder, exited the project). This eventually laid the groundwork for an investigation into Whedon's behavior by the studio, which later said that "remedial action has been taken," though no further details were provided due to legal reasons. 

Whedon has faced increased criticism in recent months as actors are speaking up about the allegedly hostile work environments he perpetuated. In February, "Buffy" star Charisma Carpenter cited his "hostile and toxic" behavior on her sets. 

"Joss Whedon abused his power on numerous occasions while working together on the sets of 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' and 'Angel,'" Carpenter wrote in a social media post. "While he found his misconduct amusing, it only served to intensify my performance anxiety, disempower me, and alienate me from my peers."

The 9 biggest grievances in Ray Fisher's interview about Joss Whedon's "Justice League" misconduct | Salon.com

Okay I love this, I actually read the graphic novel awhile back (actually the school library just got the book awhile ago) it's really good

https://deadline.com/2021/04/white-bird-a-wonder-story-participant-co-finances-lionsgate-movie-1234735210/

wait the grandmother actually comes to visit in the film? but in the book Julien is face timing her, because he's doing a report about someone in his life

Edited by iHeart

"Nobody" (Odenkirk, filmed in Winnipeg) begins streaming today....that's my after-work plans tonight anyhow. Here's hoping it lives up to the hype...

*edit* They're charging $25 to view it online.... not available to any of the usual streamers yet. That's a big "no thanks" from this guy.....shame. 

Edited by Noeller

On 2021-04-16 at 10:30 AM, Noeller said:

"Nobody" (Odenkirk, filmed in Winnipeg) begins streaming today....that's my after-work plans tonight anyhow. Here's hoping it lives up to the hype...

*edit* They're charging $25 to view it online.... not available to any of the usual streamers yet. That's a big "no thanks" from this guy.....shame. 

Yeah I watched it. Liked it a lot.

Synopsis without giving too much away...

Spoiler

What if John Wick was a family man?

On 2021-04-16 at 10:30 AM, Noeller said:

Try YTS and use an app like MuTorrent to download it. That's what I did and it worked great. 1080p, too.

Really enjoyable movie. Heavy John Wick and Equalizer vibes. A lot of scenes showing off the city, too!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/winnipeg-actor-nobody-movie-1.5992651

Pretty cool read about one of the actors in it who happens to be from Winnipeg.

what took them so long? if they go beyond pitching The Muppet show then I might need tissues, you can't watch the memorial service on youtube without losing it emotionally 

https://deadline.com/2021/04/jim-henson-movie-muppet-man-sesame-street-muppets-michael-mitnick-1234740866/?fbclid=IwAR1XsOgAWxTDoPnQME5innpWuO8_B2irgTZhQN4HWUGKzjD6zLea0NogCD0

Edited by iHeart