Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

2 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Johnny Depp ““I wish to let you know that I have been asked to resign by Warner Bros. from my role as Grindelwald in Fantastic Beasts and I have respected and agreed to that request.””

And Amber Heard has been dropped from Aquaman 2 and two other films.

On 2020-11-14 at 11:16 AM, Super Duper Negatron said:

I liked it too. The misogynistic nerds on YouTube hated it because "girls!", but I enjoyed it.

I had it as background noise at one point, didn't really grab or hold my attention. Which is too bad Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor in T2 is one of the best characters in a very robust 80s/90s action genre. 

I liked Emilia Clark in the re boot, but not much else. And I find that's kind of par for the course. 1 good movie, 1 truly great movie and a TON of mediocre at best sequels. People / the movie going public don't care for political agendas being used in lieu of actual creative content. (ghostbusters remake, the craft remake etc.)  But what they care for least of all, is remakes / sequels that don't live up to the franchise peak.  Its easy to write off as misogyny but when strong female leads / hero's are done well no one complains. Ripley, Sarah Connor, Danny before the last season in GOT, scarlet witch/captain marvel in end game, etc. 

Its been done soo much in recent years that people have a knee jerk reaction when they see a remake/sequel to some beloved franchise with X twist they expect it will suck because the majority do. The majority of agenda movies aren't even made to further an agenda or tell a compelling story, its pure cash grab. Brooklyn 99 has done a far better job of addressing tough issues of race, and LBGTQ then any agenda movie I can think of in several years.  

Great content made about touchy subjects change minds and lives. Cheap, lazy cash grabs that smash together X great franchise and Y topical agenda nearly always fail, and fail both the franchise lovers and the people connected to the issue. 

Ill probably give Dark Fate another try at some point, but my expectations are pretty low. When you're talking about a 6 movie franchise with 1 great movie and being the 3rd or 4th best in the line vitriolic reactions probably aren't out of line. 

On 2020-11-14 at 12:16 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I have it top 3. What do they all have in common? Rated R.

(⌐■_■)--︻╦╤─ - - -

The collapse of pg13 as an actual advanced age teen, pre r rating has hurt the entire move making world. back in the early 90s when pg13 movies werent over glorified kids movies film makers had a mark they could aim for that would allow them to make a legitimate action/horror etc movie with out having to neuter it. 

Now every one is pushed into making movies any kid can walk into. The MPAA is bad enough, but now they have positioned them selves so that its hard for any movie to be more then a kids movie and less then an edgy adult flick. 

Mads to replace Johnny Depp in the Fantastic Beasts series.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/26/entertainment/mads-mikkelsen-fantastic-beasts-scli-intl/index.html

Godfather 3 has been re=edited?!?!

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/diane-keaton-godfather-coda-godfather-part-iii-1234840025/

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

It feels like a blatant ripoff of John Wick, which I really don't like. I have an issue with unoriginality. However......I absolutely love the idea of Bob Odenkirk as a John Wick knockoff. I mean, he's the last guy on the earth who should be an action star, right? It's brilliant. If John Wick didn't exist, I'd think this was the greatest thing in the world. 

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

It feels like a blatant ripoff of John Wick, which I really don't like. I have an issue with unoriginality. However......I absolutely love the idea of Bob Odenkirk as a John Wick knockoff. I mean, he's the last guy on the earth who should be an action star, right? It's brilliant. If John Wick didn't exist, I'd think this was the greatest thing in the world. 

Same producers, so I'm hoping it has the same feel. Just fun, nonsense.