Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

I thought Wonder Woman's first two acts were really good. The third not so much so in the end a pretty good movie overall. Shazam was very enjoyable albeit aimed more at kids than some of the most recent comic book movies. Still a fun movie. Aquaman was ridiculous in a good way. Jason Momoa makes that movie work. Without him its trash.

Spiderman into the Spiderverse was great. Been a while since Sony actually made a good Spidey movie but they succeeded here. 

3 hours ago, Brandon Blue&Gold said:

I thought Wonder Woman's first two acts were really good. The third not so much so in the end a pretty good movie overall. Shazam was very enjoyable albeit aimed more at kids than some of the most recent comic book movies. Still a fun movie. Aquaman was ridiculous in a good way. Jason Momoa makes that movie work. Without him its trash.

Spiderman into the Spiderverse was great. Been a while since Sony actually made a good Spidey movie but they succeeded here. 

I will never understand the love for this movie. As someone who has never and will never read comic books, I did not get it at all. Was completely lost and it was WAY too nerdy. The live action ones I can handle, but a cartoon? No thanks. 

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I will never understand the love for this movie. As someone who has never and will never read comic books, I did not get it at all. Was completely lost and it was WAY too nerdy. The live action ones I can handle, but a cartoon? No thanks. 

Start with Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

That's why. It represented the essence of comics and Graphic novels really well... if that's not your thing, then this movie is going to fall flat. Not a movie for everyone, but I thoroughly enjoyed it... Nick Cave as Spidey Noir... priceless.

7 hours ago, Noeller said:

I wasn't sure how I would like it since it was a cartoon and not live action. Took me about 5 minutes to get sucked in and get past the whole "it's a cartoon" thing. And I am not a comic book guy. Just enjoy the tv shows and movies that come from them.

If all you see is a silly kids cartoon and not the great story, awesome characters and amazing visuals then yeah it's not for you. Not everyone can get past that. 

5 hours ago, johnzo said:

Spiderverse was indeed super great.

Just saw Knives Out.  It was pretty good, bordering on great.  Definitely worth seeing.  I know a lot of people here don't like Rian Johnson but that guy can make a film.

Some people have trouble with others’ material.   JJ for example is a technically strong director.  But his Star Trek movies were generally quite poor.  I think Rian wanted to take his shot with Star Wars and the biggest issue was he didn’t use his movie, the middle one, to appropriately advance the story and set up a satisfying finale.  But the film looked fine.  

knives out looks great. 

On 2020-01-04 at 2:06 PM, Noeller said:

It's ok, I read comics and I didn't really like it.

On 2020-01-04 at 1:06 PM, Noeller said:

What's to get? There are multiple universes and events of the movie made them cross over. Don't take it seriously just enjoy the zany interactions. 

In before "alternate dimensions don't count!"

27 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

What's to get? There are multiple universes and events of the movie made them cross over. Don't take it seriously just enjoy the zany interactions. 

In before "alternate dimensions don't count!"

nerds gonna nerd......was so stupid. The only thing I liked was getting some John Mulaney in there. But really...a talking pig? Get the **** out. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

nerds gonna nerd......was so stupid. The only thing I liked was getting some John Mulaney in there. But really...a talking pig? Get the **** out. 

Is that any worse than a kid getting bit by a radioactive spider and getting superpowers?