Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

On 2019-11-07 at 9:43 AM, JCon said:

All I'm asking is that they make a DC movie that's not so dark that you can't make out any detail. I get that Batman works at night but, please, let me see the action. 

One of the brilliant things Nolan did in Rises was make the final battle a day time fight. Surrounded by snow. Nice change of pace. 

On 2019-10-13 at 5:42 PM, The Unknown Poster said:

Saw Joker. No spoilers.  But...it was brilliant.  Easily a best film of the year contender.  

cant compare Phoenix and Heath Ledger as the roles are so different but Phoenix also deserves an Oscar. Incredible performance. 

I went in thinking it would be a tough one but brilliantly written and directed (and acted).   I wondered if they’d fit it into the Batman mythology somehow without it being either too connected or totally unconnected.  Again, brilliant. 

Just torrented, It's Korean subbed but will let you know soon my nicklesense.

And now the Joker review...

Spoiler

I liked it. Maybe too much. It feels Scorsese-lite. In fact I'm waiting for some one to say that Joker is a remake - albeit R-rated - of King of Comedy which starred...wait for it... Robert De Niro)

Joker is less a DC film and more of a critique about how we treat mental illness with bonus points for telling the world it's never a good idea to let garbage collection workers go on strike.

Phoenix is Oscar gold here playing the anti-anti hero. I think the one part he messes up on is unfortunately right at the climax where his voice goes a lil too high compared to where it was the rest of the film but that's a minor quibble.

The ending reminds me of American Psycho with one-time Batman Christian Bale. An ending that has you wondering if the entire thing was a dream. I hate those endings. I could not give AP a pass because of it.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

9 hours ago, Brandon said:

I believe that I just saw that Eddie Murphy and the new Beverly Hills Cop will be on Netflix....

Teaming up with Jerry Bruckheimer for it and was greenlit with the promise of a sequel, if warranted..... 

11 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

That's odd.  I heard just a day or so ago that they weren't intending on ever releasing it, and basically told people to stop asking.

Something is definitely up as all the stars including the big ones (Gadot, Affleck) are re-tweeting about it and Snyder is liking and tweeting about it.   He'd have to be a miracle worker to save that terrible film.

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Looking at this again, I realize that it's not confirming a snyder-cut.  It's just saying that Snyder liked the tweets that Gal and Ben put out.

I kind of liked Justice League.  It's one of my guilty pleasures.  But that's just because I like ensemble movies where all the heroes are together.  There were a few things I didn't like, but for the most part it's one movie where I can overlook things.  Even though the CGI is terrible.