Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

8 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Disney trying to strong arm Sony and both are using media and PR to fight the battle. Disney will win cause MCU spiderman is too popular and Sony too negatively perceived. 

apparently sony took 95% of the profit on the first two spiderman movies and disney was trying to get a 50/50 split. 

I have trouble believing that disney would lose money like that though.

Tbh idc as long as disney keeps making the spiderman movies. 

4 hours ago, Logan007 said:

I disagree.  I grew up with Spiderman comics and all the tv shows back in the 70's and 80's.  And I thought Spiderverse was kind of ho hum and I wasn't really into the comic book style animation.

I think the target demographic was the older millenials. And it seems to have worked for them. 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

apparently sony took 95% of the profit on the first two spiderman movies and disney was trying to get a 50/50 split. 

I have trouble believing that disney would lose money like that though.

Tbh idc as long as disney keeps making the spiderman movies. 

Sony had all the production costs under the old deal I believe, new deal is supposed to split those up, but who knows.

50 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Sony had all the production costs under the old deal I believe, new deal is supposed to split those up, but who knows.

Yeah im not sure what to make of that. I dont trust either as far as i could throw them. All I know is disney made two awesome spiderman movies and I want more. Soo much money is involved Im sure they will get their stink together and make it work. 

11 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Yeah im not sure what to make of that. I dont trust either as far as i could throw them. All I know is disney made two awesome spiderman movies and I want more. Soo much money is involved Im sure they will get their stink together and make it work. 

I don't know.  Sony has been known to think that just because they had one successful film that they can make a million more.  They've made a lot of stupid decisions for many years.  I just hope they come to an agreement as well and keep Spidey where he is.  Especially with everything they did with him and Tony in the last movie.

My concern (I say concern, because I, like most, want Spidey in the MCU) is that Sony goes "Well, Disney has done the hard part for us and 'launched' the Tom Holland As Spiderman Franchise" so now we can just keep churning out whatever and people will watch it because they liked the first two....

54 minutes ago, Noeller said:

My concern (I say concern, because I, like most, want Spidey in the MCU) is that Sony goes "Well, Disney has done the hard part for us and 'launched' the Tom Holland As Spiderman Franchise" so now we can just keep churning out whatever and people will watch it because they liked the first two....

and also venom wasn't a huge flop so they figure they got this. The egos amongst studio executives is really quite astounding. 

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Direct to streaming...yikes!

yeah that is kind of unfair (I haven't even seen the darn thing and it's making me wish that Dumbo went straight to streaming instead of Lady and the Tramp) speaking of which here's the trailer

Edited by iHeart

Film 59

https://deadline.com/2019/08/raya-and-the-last-dragon-awkwafina-cassie-steele-cast-disney-1202703605/

the cast of Pixar's upcoming Soul

https://deadline.com/2019/08/soul-movie-pixar-jamie-foxx-tina-fey-1202703555/

first look at Emma Stone as Cruella (yeah I don't know why they're doing this considering that 101 Dalmatians was the first live action remake)

cruella.jpg?w=622&h=350

Well people if you need an excuse to get netflix here it is

https://tvline.com/2019/08/24/breaking-bad-movie-revival-premiere-date-aaron-paul-returning-netflix/

Edited by iHeart